Switch eShop and bargains thread.

Celeste half-price. Finally picked it up. Got far too many games sitting unplayed now.

There’s 10 Free QubicGames Games up for grabs up until 24th Dec.
Only catch is you need to have purchased one QubicGames game already to start off the process and then download them as they become available in order to unlock the next one in the chain, miss one and you break the chain.
It starts off with Robonaughts as the first freebie from the 10th-15th then one a day thereafter.
If you download the Free Colouring Book that’s enough to allow you to get Robonaughts for Free.
41C4C9C9-366A-4CB3-8C8B-1565FC29F5BD.jpeg

Last edited:
eShop sale is now LIVE :).

A few of the games I've looked at are currently cheapest on the UK site (e.g. Ori is £10ish).

eShop sale is now LIVE :).

A few of the games I've looked at are currently cheapest on the UK site (e.g. Ori is £10ish).
Yeah I’m wondering about the two Batman Teltale Series games, for £4.12 each doesn’t seem too bad to take a punt on.

I think the time has come for me to admit:-

1. I’m never going to find my PS2 in order to play FFVII, VIII and IX on it.
2. I’m never going to get enough time to myself with the TV to finally play Secret of Mana on the SNES mini.

Therefore, I probably need to treat myself to the above FF games and Collection of Mana. It is Christmas, after all.

I was thinking of getting the Final Fantasy games as well. Must be coming on 20 years since I last played a Final Fantasy game (only played the SNES & PS One games back in the day - didn’t play any of the latter releases).

Think handheld play will be perfect for me for these games.

Shame nobody does particularly good deals on eShop credit like you do with PSN/Xbox credit.

I was thinking of getting the Final Fantasy games as well. Must be coming on 20 years since I last played a Final Fantasy game (only played the SNES & PS One games back in the day - didn’t play any of the latter releases).
I completed VII on the original PlayStation back in the late '90s and have never been back to it. Then played VIII and IX but never finished them.

Far more recently I played through I to VI on the iPad, but have really struggled to get into X on the Switch. I don't know if it's because it's too polished compared to what I'm used to, or that I no-longer have the patience for umpteen lengthy cutscenes, but I'll stick with it.

Do worry that my brain will have blocked out some things from the PlayStation games. I suspect I'll find VII's materia system annoying, and I never got to grips with that card game in VIII.

Do worry that my brain will have blocked out some things from the PlayStation games. I suspect I'll find VII's materia system annoying, and I never got to grips with that card game in VIII.
I think I’ll probably find the ‘drawing’ spells from enemies in FFVIII a tad annoying as I remember finding it a bit of a grind always having to keep doing it in battles to replenish your stocks.

Thinking of getting assassins creed 3, does anyone on it on the switch ? if so how do you find it ?

I think I’ll probably find the ‘drawing’ spells from enemies in FFVIII a tad annoying as I remember finding it a bit of a grind always having to keep doing it in battles to replenish your stocks.
Two locations for you:

1. Island Closest to Heaven
2. Island Closest to Hell

Job done! Never need draw from an enemy again. Circle the islands and get what you need - usually replenished the first island by the time you pillage the second. Admittedly you need the Ragnarok, but hey ho!

Alternatively - play cards and refine magic from them. It's extremely efficient at times and much more fun than draw points.

And don't forget to draw GFs from main bosses too! Elvoret, I'm looking at you (loads of people miss this if they've never played before, as it's so early on and the mechanics aren't yet clear).

Also, magic is kind of auxiliary in FF8, as it isn't efficient to use as a spell all that much - better for enhancing stats and building up obscenely strong physical attacks or relying on GFs at the start.

Two locations for you:

1. Island Closest to Heaven
2. Island Closest to Hell

Job done! Never need draw from an enemy again. Circle the islands and get what you need - usually replenished the first island by the time you pillage the second. Admittedly you need the Ragnarok, but hey ho!

Alternatively - play cards and refine magic from them. It's extremely efficient at times and much more fun than draw points.

And don't forget to draw GFs from main bosses too! Elvoret, I'm looking at you (loads of people miss this if they've never played before, as it's so early on and the mechanics aren't yet clear).

Also, magic is kind of auxiliary in FF8, as it isn't efficient to use as a spell all that much - better for enhancing stats and building up obscenely strong physical attacks or relying on GFs at the start.
About 90% of that meant nothing to me as has been almost 20 years since I last played this :p:laugh:
But will keep your advice in mind (& hope i understand it) when I replay it :thumbsup:

About 90% of that meant nothing to me as has been almost 20 years since I last played this :p:laugh:
But will keep your advice in mind (& hope i understand it) when I replay it :thumbsup:
It'll come back to you trust me!!

Anywhere that sells discounted eshop credit ?

cdkeys don’t seem to have any instock:(

Had a mammoth of a day in terms of finding bargains. Camped ebay and got a Zelda BOTW for £27, Pokemon shield for £30 and pro controller for about £40 (like new condition on amazon, hoping box damage only).

Now I just need a deal on a switch, Asda had one for £239.99 but i think that might be finished now. So hoping something comes around next week.

Head over to hot uk deals and if you register you can set up keyword alerts so you will get emails to let you know then you won't miss any switch deals

Head over to hot uk deals and if you register you can set up keyword alerts so you will get emails to let you know then you won't miss any switch deals
yeah ive been on hukd long time. That post is ancient, i got a switch for £158, pro controller for £38. All first party games for £27-29 on amazon warehouse deals. Did very well on BF

yeah ive been on hukd long time. That post is ancient, i got a switch for £158, pro controller for £38. All first party games for £27-29 on amazon warehouse deals. Did very well on BF

sorry, just seen the date lol

Street fighter 30th anniversary collection - £15 (us eshop)

Dragon Ball Fighter Z - £12 (us eshop)

Grim Fandango is £2.87 currently:

Target in the US are selling the digital version of Cuphead for $9 (approx £6.50 - so around £10 cheaper than the Nintendo eShop)

You can create a free account on their website in seconds and select to pay with Paypal, easy. Then just change your region on My Nintendo to the USA to redeem the voucher code Target e-mail you instantly, then switch back to UK once the game has downloaded. Make sure you have no funds in your account before switching or it won't work!

EDIT - It appears it was some sort of flash sale and the price has gone back up to $19.99, but keep an eye on it as Target are doing weird things with their Nintendo digital codes recently, it may go down again.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom