T-Jays Three, is the price too good to be true?

MI55ION

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all

Just saw these for £46 was wondering if they're the real thing. Have I missed anything in product description and has anyone dealt with Labda-tek, are they genuine?

T00078 T-JAYS THREE IN EAR NOISE ISOLATING EARPHONES

I was about to buy some Senn IE8s at play.com's unbelievable price but just missed out. I reckon these would be a good alternative, any comments or advice would be much appreciated....

Cheers

I'm overwhelmed by the response! :rolleyes:

Senn IE8 now ordered.

£188 for earphones, who would've thought! Yay!

I'm overwhelmed by the response! :rolleyes:

Always seems to be quiet here LOL

I did look at the link you posted yesterday and it said they were out of stock anyway. I've seen things appear cheap from them before - they appear to be some sort of broker/drop shipment company.

Those Sennheiser look superb hope you enjoy them :)

Always seems to be quiet here LOL

I did look at the link you posted yesterday and it said they were out of stock anyway. I've seen things appear cheap from them before - they appear to be some sort of broker/drop shipment company.

Those Sennheiser look superb hope you enjoy them :)

Thanks mate. Yeah I checked the stock level today and noticed it was zero but they conveniently had a link right next to it with 'similar' alternatives. A company practising interweb version of the old 'bait and switch' it would seem, how pathetic. :nono: Funny thing is all of the alternatives are up there at full retail price! Bargain? I think not.

As for the Senns, well I've spent the entire week researching them (and others), trolled through countless pages of user feedback and reviews and have to say from their overall description it sounds like the Senns are ideal for the type of sound that I'm after. A solid warm presentation with plenty of power that doesn't fall apart in the mids or become shouty in the upper mids and best of all the top end is nice and civilized. For IEMs their wide soundstage is the closest thing to open back phones, some have even compared them to Senns legendary HD650s. The fact that these are their first high end IEMs also has a certain appeal as you get the impression they have really put their brains behind to produce a reference product. The great build quality and practical attention to detail like interchangeable cords mean they were designed to last and only reinforces all of the above. Yes you can say I'm sold! :D

As for Play.com's £135 deal, it seems some over on headfi.org that received theirs are complaining about getting just bare basics without retail packaging or any of the extras. They may well have been customer returns and/or refurb units. Dirty play by ermm Play since the product description did not state this, in fact it even had a list of all box contents supplied which is just blatant false representation. Not something one would expect from such a company. The near £190 price tag from Amazon don't seem so bad now. Anyway I'm going on a bit, thanks very much for your kind words, hope I'm not disappointed with all the built up expectation. Already placed an order for an Iphone to pair them with, can't wait. :smashin: If anyone's out their, it would be good to see your feedback on how they match with the Iphone, if not I understand!

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom