Taika Waititi Courted To Develop a Star Wars Film (TBC)

raigraphixs

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
IMG_3190.JPG

Taika Waititi being courted for a Star Wars movie I love everything he been involved with that I've watched

Last edited:
Taika Waititi being courted for a Star Wars movie I love everything he been involved with that I've watched
Same here, but not sure if he would be a good fit. A lot of people criticised the humour & jokes in TLJ (which I didn’t mind), so a Star Wars film made by him would probably have even more humour than in TLJ.

His episode of The Mandalorian was the best, easily combining his humour with the more dramatic elements. He really does seem a perfect fit after that.

His episode of The Mandalorian was the best, easily combining his humour with the more dramatic elements. He really does seem a perfect fit after that.
Completely agree, he nailed that episode. He posted a cheeky picture on twitter of the Fleetwood Mac 'Rumours', so I wonder how true this is. I really hope it does come to fruition, he rescued Thor so maybe he can do similar with cinematic Star Wars...

Not seen the Mandalorian yet only seen Thor Ragnarok so can't really comment on him.

Whoever they do decide to appoint for future films, I hope they let them get on and not fire them half way through.

Also, it would help if they said clearly new movies are 100% standalone or part of a new storyline. If part of a new storyline then please map it out.

Not really a of anything he's done so far, and found the humour in the third Thor VERY grating. Don't get the praise for this guy. My gut says keep him well away from a new SW film...

No, still have that pleasure to come in March. I've seen three of Waititi's films and couldn't gel with them or his 'quirky' style.

Great choice. I'm in.

What We Do In The Shadows still his best work for me. Will be watching that film again before the new series.

No, still have that pleasure to come in March. I've seen three of Waititi's films and couldn't gel with them or his 'quirky' style.

it's much more dialled down in The Mandalorian - so it's probably the best comparison at the mo.

Thor Ragnarok is a fun-filled comedy blast and is easily the best of the Thor series. Never seen What We Do In The Shadows, but from @richp007 's recommendation I'm going to give it a go. The BBC iPlayer states there are 14 days left to watch, so I've just bookmaked it.

Thor Ragnarok is a fun-filled comedy blast and is easily the best of the Thor series.
Despite the high praise for part 3, I felt it was the shear volume of 'comedy' that ultimately sank it. Give me the far superior first Thor movie any day. I would loved Branagh to have returned for more, as he seemed to get the balance of everything spot on.

Despite the high praise for part 3, I felt it was the shear volume of 'comedy' that ultimately sank it.

All the people who liked it thought that was its strength. Thor 1 was far more serious and Shakespearean in nature, but I liked that as well. Thor 2 not so much and that was the worse of the bunch.

I thought Ruffalo and Hemsworth were brilliant together in Ragnarok. Plus the supporting cast were all good. That Flash Gordon retro feel helped as well, and that closing little scrap to the tune of Led Zeppelin was a thing of beauty.

And obviously it set up Infinity War with a more powerful Thor.

One of the MCU's best to date.

Thor Ragnarok is a fun-filled comedy blast and is easily the best of the Thor series. Never seen What We Do In The Shadows, but from @richp007 's recommendation I'm going to give it a go. The BBC iPlayer states there are 14 days left to watch, so I've just bookmaked it.
Watch the film and then the series - Waititi directs some of the episodes in that, it's very good. Particularly enjoyed Matt Berry. Thor Ragnarok was fantastic, breath of fresh air in a series that became incredibly pompous and dull. If he's making a star wars film that's hugely exciting and given his involvement in the Mandalorian it's difficult to see him getting the boot as with Josh Trank, Lord and Miller, Treverrow.

Watch the film and then the series - Waititi directs some of the episodes in that, it's very good. Particularly enjoyed Matt Berry. Thor Ragnarok was fantastic, breath of fresh air in a series that became incredibly pompous and dull. If he's making a star wars film that's hugely exciting and given his involvement in the Mandalorian it's difficult to see him getting the boot as with Josh Trank, Lord and Miller, Treverrow.

Side note: I think we may have dodged a bullet with Trank and Treverrow

Side note: I think we may have dodged a bullet with Trank and Treverrow
If losing Trank meant gaining the Mandalorian/Jon Favreau then so be it. Jedi.

Completely agree, he nailed that episode. He posted a cheeky picture on twitter of the Fleetwood Mac 'Rumours', so I wonder how true this is. I really hope it does come to fruition, he rescued Thor so maybe he can do similar with cinematic Star Wars...
Disney desperately need Waititi to pull the films out of the dirge they've become. So glad this has turned out to be true.

It sounds like this could well be the next big screen SW outing...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom