Question Techwood 65" 4K 65AO4USB Faulty??

geordieboy25

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, i've just been given a Techwood 65" 4K 65AO4USB TV. Physically the TV is in great condition but when you turn it on, the blue power light flashes, the screen comes on like a black/white ish (you know, the colour it shows when it first powers on....) then turns off.

Thought id make a post to see if anyone had any experience of Techwood TV's doing this and if there are any ideas on whats wrong with it?

Thanks

The TV is detecting a fault at switch on, it activates it's safety circuits and shuts down.
Unless you're experienced in electronics servicing, have test gear and the circuit diagram and can fault-find the only thing you can try is board replacement.

The TV is detecting a fault at switch on, it activates it's safety circuits and shuts down.
Unless you're experienced in electronics servicing, have test gear and the circuit diagram and can fault-find the only thing you can try is board replacement.
Thanks for this. Is there a main board and a power board? Would you say it the power board?

Is there a main board and a power board? Would you say it the power board?

I've no idea of the layout inside this particular model but usually the psu is on a separate board.
The fault could be on either board...this is where you need to decide if it's worth spending money on sourcing replacement boards and being prepared to be out of pocket if the one you suspect as being faulty turns out to be okay.

I’ve bought a power supply board to try and fix the issue. It was £20 so if that doesn’t work I’m not massively out of pocket. Will post back when it arrives.

I have the same problem on my TV, same model too. Did that new power board fix your problem?

I have a techwood 50inch tele that turns off and back on like it loses the HMDI connection any ideas?

I have a techwood 50inch tele that turns off and back on like it loses the HMDI connection any ideas?

More info required.
Only on HDMI sources or does it do it on other inputs or the internal tuner?
Tried a different HDMI cable?
Tried different equipment on the same HDMI port?

Not ganna lie. Guess how I fixed mine. I left the TV unplugged in with no power for a week was going to do a software update as it took a week to source. I turn the TV on and its been fine since!! It's pure madness. I now make sure the TV is switched off at the plug each night. Not sure if it was something to do with some type of power build up on the board. It's strange as I did leave it unplugged for over 24hrs before and it didn't fix the problem. Anyway left off for a week and turned back on and like magic it's been fine since.

I’ve bought a power supply board to try and fix the issue. It was £20 so if that doesn’t work I’m not massively out of pocket. Will post back when it arrives.
I have the 40" model and it is doing exactly the same. Did replacing the PSU Board resolve your fault?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom