Ted Lasso (Apple TV, Jason Sudeikis)

gavinhanly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Four episodes up already and new ones drop on Fridays. And it's just been renewed for season 2.

I've been really enjoying this, despite knowing next to nothing about football.

I thought it was a movie! Might give it a go as a tv show.

Up to episode 5 now - has been excellent all the way along. It's one of those heartwarming shows that's a bit of a joy to watch.

If you have Apple TV+, this is highly recommended.

Only watched 1 thought it was rubbish. Full of very old British/US jokes.
Jokes about Tea, every word that we say different, every cliche about an American coming to manage an English football team you could think of.
Poor character's.

Weve been spoilt over the last few years with really great, intelligent comedies. This isnt one.

Last edited:
This has been one of my favourite shows this year and hope they make a series 2, loved every episode, maybe i'm easily pleased but solid 9/10 for me

Yeah I watched all of this. Funny, sweet and really well acted across the board with some fantastic one liners (The captain reading 'A Wrinkle in Time' to his niece had me in stitches) and great characters.

Can't recommend it enough.

I also thought this was great. Reasonably funny in places with decent characters with an underlying heart.

Looking forward to season 2 already.

Saving episode 10 for the mo - but up til now this has easily been one of the shows of the year. Excellent all round, from the actors to the script - just wonderful. Very pleased it's coming back.

I struggled through the first episode tbh, but stuck with it after a mate's recommendation and glad I did, as pretty much from episode 2 onwards my wife and I were hooked and really enjoyed it. The character development is really nice, just a lovely show.

Watched the first 5 and it's OK. It tries a bit too hard to be what it is, namely a feel good dramedy.
I'm not a football fan but even I thought it needs more on pitch action to get behind the team and characters. and, when it did, it felt to gel more.
I'll stick with it for the simplicity of liking the female leads, Sudekis and a couple of the player characters - oh and, we could all do with a bit positivity of late, well, not that positivity!
The image quality is nice and popping too.

Just finished this. Loved it.

Was expecting it to be rubbish, just from the premise, nearly didn’t bother with it, glad i did. Glad it’s been renewed, bring in Season 2.

Apple TV+ may not have loads of content, but what they lack in quantity they certainly make up for in quality.

What a great show. Trailer is rubbish but show is great. This and Trying have been fantastic little shows on Apple +

Watched the whole lot in a couple of days. Somewhere in between Scrubs and Footballers Wives.
Nowhere as funny as the former but considerably better than the latter.
Mainly held together by a thoroughly charming performance from Sudeikis and one or two of the supporting characters.
Looking forward to S2&3. Great theme to.
8/10

Yes, this is fantastic. Highly recommended. Watched the first 6 last night in one sitting.

One of the best shows of last year. Very pleasantly surprised by how enjoyable this was. Queens Gambit and Gangs of London were my other standouts - all very different!

Finished it a few days ago. Took until the end for me to fall in love with it, episode 7 onwards. Reminded me of the American version of The Office, slow start but you a build a connection with the team and they feel like family.

Just finished watching season 1, and what a brilliant series it was.

When I saw the first promo pics for the show I assumed that it was some average comedy about some obnoxious US coach in American football. I'm no football / sports fan, and average comedy doesn't work for me either, so the whole thing was immediately kicked into touch.

Well as Lasso illustrates multiple times throughout the show - quite literally in one episode! - you can't judge a book by it's cover.

After it won the grammy for best comedy actor the other week, I thought I should at least give it 10 mins before turning it off ... well three hours later - and the surprising discovery that it was all set in London Zone 4 rather than Kansas - I was still sitting there watching episode 6.

Will definitely be tuning into season 2, no question.

As an aside, Juno Temple has been in so many american movies that I totally forgot she's actually a Londoner!

Finished this last night - thoroughly enjoyed it for what it was. Got some great laughs as well as some heart. Yes the football player characters are pretty much cliched but Sudekis' charm and comedy as well as Juno Temple really lifted this. Looking forward to S2

Won two more big awards yesterday - writers guild of america ; best comedy series and best new series.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom