Votes: 17 18.9%

Votes: 11 12.2%

Votes: 7 7.8%

Votes: 1 1.1%

Votes: 3 3.3%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I went to see this again, same IMAX screen, same seat etc.
The sound mix has changed...100%
I heard every word & my friend who hadn’t seen it before understood everything, no issues, that wasn’t the case for me last time. There were even people complaining to the ticket ripper about the dialogue issues as I was leaving last time.
has anyone else experienced this in recent re watches? Or am I losing it?

I watched it at two different cinemas and the sound was the same; the dialogue that was difficult to hear the first time, was still difficult to hear the second time, despite being aware of this and trying to focus on those pieces of dialogue more.

I've seen it 3 times so far (in IMAX 15/70mm, IMAX 4K Laser and 70mm). The audio issues were definitely most noticeable in the 70mm screening at Picturehouse Central (no fault of the cinema as I had seen Rebuilding Paradise in the same screen just before it and had no issues at all) but not enough to make it as unwatchable as some seem to claim.

Am planning to see it again this weekend at the BFI IMAX as it looks like they're finishing up the 15/70mm screenings soon.

Last edited:
^^^^ 4 times is dedication, I'll give you that!

You'll know the story better than Nolan at this rate!

Supporting the cinema by going to see this [Second viewing] at the BFI IMAX on my birthday next week.

Looks like I have plenty of choice at the biggest screen in the UK (?) - not a single seat booked at 4pm.
Screenshot 2020-09-29 at 12.15.45.png

Supporting the cinema by going to see this [Second viewing] at the BFI IMAX on my birthday next week.

Looks like I have plenty of choice at the biggest screen in the UK (?) - not a single seat booked at 4pm.View attachment 1373619

£10.75 including booking fee! I feel like I've just paid for someone to play violin on the decks of the Titanic!

Saw it a third time at the weekend just gone. I like it. Do think it’s a weaker Nolan effort (although its still better than most drivel) and not one I’m in a hurry to see again.

Now made £15million in UK ticket sales, not too bad (under the circumstances) compared to the £24m total tally of the similarly niche Interstellar...

Now made £15million in UK ticket sales, not too bad (under the circumstances) compared to the £24m total tally of the similarly niche Interstellar...

Has made just shy of $285 million worldwide. That is not bad, considering conditions as you say.

It is isn't in profit though. I wonder if the case is there for James Bond, say if No Time to Die could run from November, through Christmas and maybe January? More popular franchise, fans gagging for a big movie. I wouldn't like to be the finance team making that call personally.

It's hard to say re Bond because all the marketing is still full steam ahead based on a November date.

The could be trying to get it out in November asap, with a premium VOD just before Xmas. If that happened, they could pretty much guarantee a purchase from me TBH, if I could watch it on Xmas Day...

It's hard to say re Bond because all the marketing is still full steam ahead based on a November date.

The could be trying to get it out in November asap, with a premium VOD just before Xmas. If that happened, they could pretty much guarantee a purchase from me TBH, if I could watch it on Xmas Day...
I like your positive thinking.

I agree, I think simultaneous releases are the way to go. Enough with the cancel culture, let the people choose !

I agree, I think simultaneous releases are the way to go. Enough with the cancel culture, let the people choose !

I think they'd want to give cinemas exclusive access first, to be fair to them; they need bums on seats so badly. Don't give people the option to watch it at home until Xmas holidays maybe.

For home viewing, I'd charge £30 too. Rental, with repeat viewings allowed for 30 days.

For home viewing, I'd charge £30 too. Rental, with repeat viewings allowed for 30 days.

I think the danger with that is that the people of AVF in general have good disposable income and put a lot of value on film entertainment.

But we represent a tiny part of the cinema audience, while £30 might be acceptable to AVF members I suspect it would be soundly rejected by the general public.

Cheers,

Nigel

I think the danger with that is that the people of AVF in general have good disposable income and put a lot of value on film entertainment.

But we represent a tiny part of the cinema audience, while £30 might be acceptable to AVF members I suspect it would be soundly rejected by the general public.

Cheers,

Nigel

Yes, what you're saying is true I guess. I guess if you are used to going to the pictures in London or other bigger cities and there are more than two of you at home, the £30 might not seem to bad.

But I think people's choices on price are usually relative to similar products, and there is a lot of entertainment on Netflix, Amazon, Disney, which while not free, is already covered by people's sub money. It's a test of product we have not seen run yet! As, we would all agree Mulan was not considered tip-top premium/had its audience issues.

Just to thrown my 2 cents in, I think most normal cinema goers are typically happy to pay to see a film on the big screen if they really don't want to wait for the - and let's be honest here - DVD because it's usually quite rare for them to do so and they will normally get an experience that simply cannot be replicated in the home, despite what some people on here might insist. So the cost is less of an issue. I doubt that this kind of person would view a PVoD release as an enticing proposition in the same way.

If the release of No Time to Die does go ahead in November, then Universal will stick to cinemas only to comply with the UK 16-week exclusivity window.

Last edited:
Seems a click bait tabloid piece?

What has done it for cinemas and live performance is a contagious virus currently without a cure except for 'distancing'

Tenet could be viewed as bringing in £15m for UK cinemas and kept some jobs going a couple weeks longer

In the current climate, $341 is not bad at all.

Also:

John Stankey is the CEO of AT&T, that owns Warner Bros, and he gave an update to shareholders last week on how things were going. Specifically when it came to Tenet, he said that “I can’t tell you we walked away from the Tenet experience saying it was a home run”.

Not that he’s necessarily mournful about that. “I’m happy we did it. I think the team was incredibly creative. I think we learned a few things about what we can do”, he added. But he also cautioned that he’s “not optimistic” cinemas will be turning around anytime soon.

get it released onto home format asap... they'll get a lot back from that.

i know they usually try and time it around 3 months to give the cinemas time but given everything going on and most cinemas closed... might as well throw it out there..

yep agreed. Absolutely no point faffing around now, plus it would be a pretty big disc as it's the only blockbuster that's been released in the summer to even go to disc!

Disappointing if we don't get it before Xmas.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom