Terminator: Dark Fate 4K UHD

RedDevil85

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Links: Amazon.co.uk - HMV - Zavvi - Zoom.co.uk

Release date: 02/03/2020

T_DF_4K.jpg

Steelbook option, thread: Terminator: Dark Fate (HMV Exclusive) (4K UHD/Blu-ray Steelbook)

Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
UK UPC: 5039036095266

As a massive Terminator fan I'm not sure what to make of this looks like it's full of pensioners to keep me happy and the rest of the cast look like they work in McDonalds.

I watched a teeny bit of the trailer and it looks OK.

I just wish they'd let it die........................................

I just wish they'd let it die........................................

I am kind of looking forward to seeing a 3rd movie, it's been a while. The trailers look very good and McKenzie Davis looks like she is on her way to superstardom. She was superb in Halt and Catch Fire.

Seems like a very expensive coaster.

This film looks truly atrocious. A confused, gender-politics motivated shitfest. Ghastly dialogue (Sarah Conner saying "I'll be back", I mean for god's sake...these philistine filmmakers will do anything for a cheap laugh), awful visual effects (the morphing effects seem inferior to T2's from what we've seen thus far) and the most charmless cast imaginable.

Hopefully this'll be the last time we have to bemoan a crap Terminator film...

I enjoyed all the Terminator films, so looking forward to this. None have been anywhere near as good as the first two, but that is a very high bar to meet. The only thing that came near was The Sarah Connor Chronicles.

Off to watch this tonight.

Just back from seeing this. It’s a good movie. I enjoyed it. Better than terminator - gennysmith. Good action. A little plodding in the middle. But overall I felt the pacing was good. A few dark scenes that I hope the 4K disc will make it clearer to see what was going on. Id give it a 7.5/10 and will be picking this up on UHD

Saw this last night and I will agree it's the best film since and a true sequel to T2, however i can't exactly say it's the story I wanted to be told...

The first 5mins threw me a bit and I took a while to warm back to the plot. It's a bit simple in itself (as was T3), which i suppose does make it easy to follow, but after the time looping complexity of Genisys i suppose i was expecting a little more science fiction here than a simple 'lets jump 30yrs on from T2 and see what happens'. It was often a basic bare bones action flick reshaping key elements of T1 & 2, just without the finesse, originality or a single plot twist in sight.

I know genisys is hated on, there's to much cheese and it's a bit messy, but i liked the idea of it all and the intended twist, even if it's execution was flawed. Arnie's inclusion and write into the plot was much more purposeful and enjoyable than it was in Dark Fate, at least for me anyway. It was nice to have him there, but his arc wasn't exactly storytelling gold nor was it really integral to the plot. I did enjoy seeing Sarah again and the character development of Dani in particular was great. The attacking 'terminator' was completely uninspired though, brought nothing new to the table, just a rehash of T2. Grace was a little hollow as well, felt like she was one half of a whole character and arnie was the other.

Not that i was expecting anything else, but there's absolutely no way in your mind you can try to tie this in with 3, 4 & 5, which does annoy me. At least with 5 you could kind of say it came after 4 and looped back round to 1 (or after 3 if you view salvation as a prequel to the original), giving you some sense of a complete story arc. Where as Dark Fate can only be viewed as an 'instead of' T3, bringing you into a future where Genisys couldn't possibly have taken place. Some loose tie in or at least not total ignorance of the others would have sat better with me for a series that's 6 films into it's franchise! Even the slightest wisp of x-men days of future past wouldn't have exactly killed them :rolleyes:

Technically it looked and sounded great, except for an abundance of dark scenes, that hopefully fair better on UHD at home. The acting, editing and effects where all solid and what plot it had, was paced well. I tried to appreciate it for what it was, a 3rd film, but ended up resenting it for not accepting the wider franchise that came before it.

It isn't a story that needed to be told now. It is perhaps the story that should have been told in 2003.

Last edited:
release date on 31.12.19 showing for 4k on my rental list

Not a chance that'll be the UK release date. Bit bloody early for the US as well tbh, even if it is for the digital only.

I was hoping Mario et al may have some early copies on eBay, unfortunately I can’t see anything.

The earliest I’ve seen Mario have advance copies is from around two weeks before release so they might start showing up next weekend.

Having said that, considering some of his prices recently for the privilege of an early copy I think I’ll still wait.

I'm going to hope and pray for the small (and unlikely hope) that the UK release includes the digital only extras from the US disc.

Not sure if this is legit, but Zavvi have this in their latest ‘2 for £30 - 4K’ offer!?

It’s on a pre order but could be a mistake.

I’ve ordered 2 copies anyhow with a plan to sell one for £20 thus costing me £10.

I was gonna buy the Blu at £15 but this seems like a no brainier.

Order has been accepted. Let’s see if they cancel it between now and release date!!

Last edited:
Mario on eBay has now got copies of the U.S. release for $29.99 shipped.

I ordered Dark Fate too and I already received the other disk I paired it up with (T2), so if they do cancel it might be a bit awkward for them to refund now, so I suspect they will honour it. Apparently it has been removed from the 2 for £30 offer, so it was either a mistake or a limited time offer.

I don't often buy from Zavvi, is it usual for them to have pre-orders mixed in with multi buy offers like this?

I ordered Dark Fate too and I already received the other disk I paired it up with (T2), so if they do cancel it might be a bit awkward for them to refund now, so I suspect they will honour it. Apparently it has been removed from the 2 for £30 offer, so it was either a mistake or a limited time offer.

I don't often buy from Zavvi, is it usual for them to have pre-orders mixed in with multi buy offers like this?

no it’s very rare (if ever( they would include preorders in such an offer - normally they are always older titles that have at least been out several months or back catalogue stuff. Guess it was an error so will see what happens!

Got my US one today,but their seem a problem with the HDR kicking in ?,using a Panasonic 9000,it starts of ok,but as soon as i press play on menu no HDR,after about 6 goes it finally did,and lasted ok the rest of the movie.
Anybody else had this ?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom