Tesla Movie Review & Comments

Casimir Harlow

Movies Editor
Reaction score
Thanks for the review Cass , no light bulb moments then, no spark of inspiration? Shame as i was quite looking forwards to this.

Last edited:
Shame, Cas.
I don't think I'll be bothering to go to the local offie to get some 50's for the meter.

One of the very few films in my life I've given up on half way through and I really enjoyed The Current War. As the review suggests, its just dull and lacking in ambition. For context, I have sat through Burn Hollywood Burn so it takes a lot to make me give up on a film.

Thanks for the Review, Cas

Makes sad reading - your statement on Bowie in The Prestige totally mirrors my feelings, so I was really hoping for something that might seem like an "offshoot" of that.
So, won't dash so quick to see it. :(

Thanks for the Review, Cas

Makes sad reading - your statement on Bowie in The Prestige totally mirrors my feelings, so I was really hoping for something that might seem like an "offshoot" of that.
So, won't dash so quick to see it. :(

I think Nolan had a better handle on the whole 'magician' aspect. Probably the facts, just the facts ma'am, wasn't the right approach here. And Bowie was just genius casting. Much like his cameo in Last Temptation of Christ (different character, but again genius casting)

It'll be on prime soon enough. Be interesting to see how many make it through to the end.

Thanks for the review. I was looking forward to this as Tesla is a persona that crops up in a vast number of programmes I've watched over the year - always portrayed quite enigmatically but none better than by Bowie. Seems I might be let down.

"In Christopher Nolan's The Prestige, a perfectly-cast and supremely, innately, enigmatic David Bowie superbly brought the mysterious inventor Nikola Tesla to brief life in what was little more than a majestic cameo appearance."

That is spot on. I know what I'm watching again tonight.

I think Nolan had a better handle on the whole 'magician' aspect. Probably the facts, just the facts ma'am, wasn't the right approach here. And Bowie was just genius casting. Much like his cameo in Last Temptation of Christ (different character, but again genius casting)

It'll be on prime soon enough. Be interesting to see how many make it through to the end.
Couldn't agree more.

We watched this last night as it was the iTunes 99c Movie. Very strange - at times it felt like a Movie made by a Student of David Lynch, and not a good student either!
As Cas said, Hawke & Maclachlan put in good performances, and it was also interesting to see Jim Gaffigan put in a solid performance as Westinghouse; I wonder if he will take the Eddie Izzard route & get involved in more Movies as a separation from his Comedic career?
Tesla was considered a bit of a Showman, but we saw none of that here.
Anyway, next up is The Current War - I am interested to see how that goes!

Last edited:
We watched this last night as it was the iTunes 99c Movie. Very strange - at times it felt like a Movie made by a Student of David Lynch, and not a good student either!
As Cas said, Hawke & Maclachlan put in good performances, and it was also interesting to see Jim Gaffigan put in a solid performance as Westinghouse; I wonder if he will take the Eddie Izzard route & get involved in more Movies as a separation from his Comedic career?
Tesla was considered a bit of a Showman, but we saw none of that here.
Anyway, next up is The Current War - I am interested to see how that goes!
quite enjoyed current wars.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom