Testing Not Going to Plan - Anyone Else Tried?

My daughter had a temperature on Friday afternoon so tried to book a test without luck. She woke up on Saturday with a cough. Family and friends then tried all morning to book her a test and at about 11 o clock loads of local tests became available at different places for that afternoon. She had a test and it has come back as negative.

Whatever she has has the exact symptoms of the virus so I can see how testing is being stretched if loads of people have what she has.

Doesn't someone have relatives near there?

Awesome!

Some cancers can be detected by dogs so this is possible.
They won't be detecting the virus itself but side effects on the body.

Yup plus sniffer dogs also used to detect malaria and Parkinson’s disease.

These reports were from back in May when they started training the dogs and they expected the trial to be complete by the end of September, so we might be seeing them in UK soon too 🐕

And the Finnish researchers have discovered that the dogs can detect the scent of someone who’s been infected with coronavirus a few days before symptoms even appear, which could make them an even more effective screening tool than PCR swabs!

" The patient who experienced this extraordinarily rare complication (only 1 reported in hundreds of millions of NP swab tests performed) had an undiagnosed skull base defect. " That's a relief, I think...

I go into the office about twice a week and someone has tested positive for COVID a few days ago and we found out yesterday so i was told by work at 2.15pm to get a test. I applied online etc and i was being test at 3pm (15 miles from home). From my experience it doesnt get any more efficient than that - pretty impressive in all fairness.

Apparently the army have been in the area today knocking on doors and asking if you'll take a test. On a local page only 2 said they answered the door and dozens said they didn't. If this way of testing is to work in a city like Birmingham then some notice that they are coming would help.

Maybe they need a persuader?

1602015060514.png

a53a74c27e82bd4956f3e49f8897f1cd.jpg

I bet the people doing the actual work there are on minimum wage or close to it.

Apparently... "Volunteers and RAF personnel distributed kits to households in those areas on Tuesday. "

delivered by amazon prime and had to make sure it's not already used ;). Cough is not serious but the fever is similar to malarial one ie cyclical with spikes of chill and cold sweat. Came very close to throwing up few times since Monday and this all started with bad stomach (not pain). No runny nose, sneezing etc.

Attachments

• IMG_20201014_180448.jpg
    IMG_20201014_180448.jpg
    301.2 KB · Views: 42
This is worryingly funny. These laminar flow cabinets are designed to prevent the user contaminating anything in it. They were never designed to protect the user from anything.

Yet an asshat says they are dangerous.

He's talking about biosecurity cabinet.

Brother ordered a home test kit.
Reposted back on the Friday, the negative result back to him on the Sunday.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom