The Apprentice (BBC) new series 5th January 2023

raigraphixs

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Lord Alan Sugar confirmed on Twitter the next series of The Apprentice has been pushed back until autumn 2014.

The BBC has taken the decision to delay the transmission of the show's tenth series to avoid a scheduling clash with next summer's football World Cup coverage.

already probably shot/shooting ... so we have two useless muppets hanging on for a year now
- similar to 2010 (delayed for stupid BBC compliance rules due to the gen election and Sugar being a labour peer ... one of those muppets being the now much derided Stella English iirc)

You've been busy Rai :)

BBC YouTube playlist for above vids
fudge me! 20 candidates?!?! What is this Big Brother? Is it still the same fudgeed up format with the anticlimactic interview finale?

Couldn't have delayed it anymore with an election due and Brady now, disappointingly, a Tory peer, so all three of them are party political ****s (Nick's a long time Labour man).

Last edited:
You've been busy Rai :)

BBC YouTube playlist for above vids
**** me! 20 candidates?!?! What is this Big Brother? Is it still the same ****ed up format with the anticlimactic interview finale?

Couldn't have delayed it anymore with an election due and Brady now, disappointingly, a Tory peer, so all three of them are party political ****s (Nick's a long time Labour man).

Damn i was looking for those video beforehand, but nothing came up
Edit - have they just been posted online, lol

Steven Ugoalah - "i can deliver in minus 50; I can deliver in plus 10. If we went to Mars right now, I'd find a way to be excellent."

What a ****er.

Completely accurate though, but he has held back re KH who still pretends she's a businesswoman/employer on various low rent topical discussion shows even though Katie Hopkins Limited appears to not actually be a going concern and her income is purely from her spouting turd.

Given up on this show format is stale and no longer entertains.

Yep, what a total bunch of Gareths. Would probably murder Steven if I had to work or live with the noisy sulky drama queen.

Should have fired Decadence's PM too ... don't see why the broader firing remit couldn't have accommodated that decision, would have been unexpected but absolutely called for.

I hate to be a troll but why does anyone watch this? The constant ads have been more than enough to put me off these bunch of tossers. They're all mouth and I'd be horrified if any of them were been seriously considered for a position of power in any organisation.

Bri

I watch it as a guilty pleasure Bri, it is mostly car crash. Probably because I've done or do what most of the candidates claim to excel at, it is quite pleasurable to see the cocksure egotistical morons utterly bugger things up.

I do tend to watch stuff that others might not because of some personal connection e.g. Morse/Lewis/Endeavour because I lived/worked in Oxford during the noughties.

Last edited:
For a first episode – it was great. I hope both Steven and Sarah have longevity – both will cause friction, Steven with his pursing lips and Sarah who is clearly on her own planet with business skills (“lots of make up ladies”). It was a shame that was not mentioned in the Boardroom – I’m sure Karen would have had a few things to say, or at least raised a singular eyebrow…

Highlights .... thinking of nothing of arguing in front of clients they are try to sell too – Mark stopping the negations to tell Scott to stop interrupting! Naughty boy! The lads running, only to stop as they realise they've forgotten the t shirts, then running back, the girls forgetting to take the money, sorry 'seed capital' for the tshirts, offering £200 for a mop and bucket!...

I hate to be a troll but why does anyone watch this? The constant ads have been more than enough to put me off these bunch of tossers. They're all mouth and I'd be horrified if any of them were been seriously considered for a position of power in any organisation.

Bri

As Krish said, there is no other show like the Apprentice that can crush a 'billy bull 'ego’s. The candidates must watch the show back with embarrassment as they relive the horror of how they behave, especially in the board room, squabbling over selling a tin of beans or whatever.

The most important and crucial element of the show is not Lord Sugar’s gentle manner or the candidates howlers – it’s the very clever editing, creating a story from what must be only 4 cameras (assumed 2 per team, then split 1 per sub group etc). They can’t capture everything – every eye roll, pout or scathing remark – but remarkably they do seem to managed to capture everything. Authentic timeline? Pah! – We’ll find what we need, and stick it in!

I love it. Always have done, even though it's a purely entertainment programme now.

I hate all the candidates but there's something deeply pleasurable about seeing yuppie city-types struggle

They're not even yuppie city types, they're failed wannabes who probably knock one out to Wall Street, Glengarry Glen Ross, Boiler Room and now The Wolf of Wall Street
- more Gareth Cheeseman than Gordon Gekko

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom