The AVF PS4 Bargain Hunters (Penny Pinchers) Thread

Ignorant question alert! Is the Days Of Play promotion only for physical media, e.g. whatever is available has to be bought via a third party store, or will there also be offers on the PS Store as well? I've got some credit burning a hole in my virtual pocket! :D

EDIT : Yep, pretty dumb question. As I've now followed your link and actually read the article I can see it says "What’s more, PlayStation Store will also be offering awesome deals for blockbuster games, along with deals on PS Plus and PS Now subscriptions***, from 3rd June through 17th June.".

:blush:

Just topped up with £45. Might bite if Final Fantasy Remake takes a drop.

I believe PS+ is £30 for the year atm, preempting days of play me thinks..

You not played it yet!!!???

Worth the money, it's like playing the original as you remember it it your head even though it's nothing like that lol

Took me just over 100 hrs to platinum it (took me over 80 just to finish it as I took my time and explored every nook and cranny) pretty sure that it longer that ff13 took lol

You not played it yet!!!???

Worth the money, it's like playing the original as you remember it it your head even though it's nothing like that lol

Took me just over 100 hrs to platinum it (took me over 80 just to finish it as I took my time and explored every nook and cranny) pretty sure that it longer that ff13 took lol
I was hoping to get it free with work but didn't happen.i was also going to hold off for the pc version as I thought it may have been announced by now. I really want to okay it but with Last of Us coming soon I need to not be into anything else at that point. Although I'm sure I'll be into the new season on Destiny 2 no doubt too........

I'm assuming PS Now subs can be lumped on top of each other to extend time like you can with PS+?

Almost tempted with Days Gone for £15.99 on the PSN Store. Credit burning a hole in my pocket!

And A Plague Tale : Innocence for £12.99...
And Metro Exodus for £13.99 (but still have the first two to start!)...
And Vampyr for £9.99...

Always wonder if I buy something whether it's due to appear on PS+ next month. :D

Unfortunately what I was really interested in - Untitled Goose Game - isn't discounted. :(

Last edited:
Metro Exodus is on that PS Now so if anyone's thinking of that then perhaps a month or 2 of Now would be cheaper.

12 month PS Now is currently £34.99 in Days of Play
12 month PS+ is currently £29.85 on shopto courtesy of days of play
Coincidentally, £35 psn credit on shopto is also £29.85 so you should be able to get PS Now for £29.85 if that helps anyone..

12 month PS Now is currently £34.99 in Days of Play
12 month PS+ is currently £29.85 on shopto courtesy of days of play
Coincidentally, £35 psn credit on shopto is also £29.85 so you should be able to get PS Now for £29.85 if that helps anyone..

12 month PS Now codes are £29.85 on ShopTo as well anyway so it's quicker to just buy that.

Picked up Days Gone & Blood & Trust for psvr (to add to the unplayed pile of shame) and topped up with a years PS+

12 month PS Now codes are £29.85 on ShopTo as well anyway so it's quicker to just buy that.

Or if you are lucky enough to be able to snaffle some it's even cheaper picking up some credit from the Classifieds at 80% of face value. Not exactly a guaranteed way of doing it though as the vultures are always circling! :)

Was going to go for the Bioshock Collection but then realised its not the remasters

Was going to go for the Bioshock Collection but then realised its not the remasters

I'm not sure there's any difference between the games in the Bioshock Collection and the individually released "Remasters" - but somebody please correct me if I'm wrong as I've not found a satisfactory answer about this yet!

I've only ever had Bioshock : The Collection and what's "curious/interesting" is when I look at my trophies (via My Playstation) it's now labelled as "Remastered".

1591273104115.png

They are remasters..

So the individual releases are completely new versions from those in the collection? Or did you mean the collection contains the remasters? Sorry for the daft question, but your post is a little vague (what does "They" relate to?) to my coffee deprived brain! However this is why I caveated my previous post as I needed someone to put me right! :blush:

I'm not doubting you, but I've not read anything anywhere that says they've been "redone" since the previous PS4 releases. As a natural cynic I'd have said they were remasters the first time on PS4, too, as the originals were on a different platform.

Perhaps Sony have borked the trophies then, if mine are now showing as relating to a version of the game I don't own.

Have you a link to the differences? Of course this may well end up making me triple dip (especially if they're now Pro Enhanced...) 🤣

EDIT : this article suggests they're the same versions, but perhaps take it with a pinch of salt. Also mentions Pro support. Again, caveat emptor!

Last edited:
Bioshock Collection includes the 3 Remastered Games, no difference if you buy them individually. This is just a collection of the Remastered Versions.

I know this is the Xbox Store but should be the same on PSN.

1591276237199.png

From the PSN store:

Description
Return to the cities of Rapture and Columbia and experience the award-winning BioShock franchise like never before. BioShock: The Collection retells the epic journeys of the BioShock universe beautifully remastered in 1080p. BioShock: The Collection contains all single-player content from BioShock, BioShock 2, and BioShock Infinite, all single-player add-on content, the “Columbia’s Finest” pack, and Director’s Commentary: Imagining BioShock, featuring Ken Levine and Shawn Robertson.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom