The Batman (4 March 2022) directed by Matt Reeves

Rate me

• Total voters

raigraphixs

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Now confirmed Ben Affleck to direct, star and co-write the solo Batman film with DC Comics’ Geoff Johns.

Last edited:
Ben Affleck to star in 3 stand-alone Batman movies

A private screening of Batman V Superman was reportedly such a success, Warner is now planning three Batman films starring Ben Affleck...

Warner Bros clearly has big plans for its growing DC movie universe, with next year's Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice and Suicide Squad to be followed by Justice League, Wonder Woman and Aquaman. There's also the small matter of Ben Affleck's stand-alone Batman film, which he'll write and direct.

We've now heard, however, that Affleck's role in the DC movies is about to get even bigger.

According to an industry source who will remain anonymous, a cut of Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice was screened for the film's crew and Warner bosses within the past 24 hours or so. "It's a near finished cut but not locked," our source tells us.

That screening was, we're told, a glowing success - to the point where Zack Snyder's movie received a "standing ovation".

Warner is said to be so impressed with Affleck's performance as Batman that it's apparently in the process of making an extended, "Golden deal", which could see the actor play the Caped Crusader in a trilogy of stand-alone movies, not the single outing already announced.

All told, this deal could see Affleck in the role of Batman for the next 10 years or so.

"Basically, Warners are now working their movie universe around Ben's Batman," our source says.

As far as Warner's bosses are concerned, Affleck is considered to be the "definitive Batman" and could be the hub around which the DC movie universe will rotate in future movies.

Of course, this is all unconfirmed at this point, but if there's truth to the story, it's likely that an official confirmation will emerge fairly soon. We'll keep you posted as and when we hear more.

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/batman-v-superman/36495/report-ben-affleck-to-star-in-3-stand-alone-batman-movies

What I like about this is, he's an older Dark Knight. Affleck certainly brings a bit of prestige to the role. Certainly it doesn't sound insomnia inducing. Standing ovation eh? This film will go interstellar.

What I like about this is, he's an older Dark Knight. Affleck certainly brings a bit of prestige to the role. Certainly it doesn't sound insomnia inducing. Standing ovation eh? This film will go interstellar.
So what was it like when they first showed Fantastic 4? :D

I have faith in the Snyder. And the Affleck. Then again I thought the Trank could make a good Fantastic Four but anyway..

So what was it like when they first showed Fantastic 4? :D

the cast and crew got up, along with the studio bosses- and they all gave each other a pat on the back having been impressed with an early screening. Studio bosses were that impressed they wanted a cross over with the Xmen films.

Solo Batman Film Adapts Red Hood Story? | News | Dark Horizons

redhood_article.jpg

Now, this does sound interesting...

Personally felt Nolan's Batman films got progressively more inconsistent - the editing bugs me in the last two, they could've done with being a lot leaner. That's why I was so keen on Batman Begins, much more efficient. So I'm happy for a new story, no problem with compartmentalising the Nolan Batmans.

I love the Nolan films as I liked tim burtons stab back in the day . Problem with all though is the main character is/was always overshadowed by the villains of the peice. When I first saw the extended trailer of BvsS Affleck does seem to stand out . I was dubious at first of the whole concept of the film but the second trailer had that wow factor. Good news .

No wow factor for me. I'm tired and need a break from those types of films.

Presumably the plot revolves around him taking 6 months off and becoming a food critic? We see the full extent of what pizza, pasta, burgers, shrimps, and huge quantities of fries do to a middle-aged man. Kind of like Super Size Me with some dressing up.

SOLD.

Presumably the plot revolves around him taking 6 months off and becoming a food critic? We see the full extent of what pizza, pasta, burgers, shrimps, and huge quantities of fries do to a middle-aged man. Kind of like Super Size Me with some dressing up.

SOLD.
lol good one ;)

WB CEO Kevin Tsujihar confirms Ben Affleck directing solo batman movie

Last edited:
Looking forward to this. I hope they keep Batman's intensity from BvS, tone down his murderous side, and more importantly, show more Bruce Wayne sleuthing/detective skills. I don't think we have ever really gotten to see Batman as a great detective, nor how thorough he was. All the backup stuff he keeps around the city, and how even his mind is trained to go into a "default" mode if he is severely suffering. As much as I liked Nolan's trilogy, his Batman was "too human". I hope that this Batman is more developed and shows how much he perfected himself in every way as a crime fighter as a human possibly could. We got a glimpse of that in BvS, and I trust Affleck to do great things with his Batman.

Looking forward to this. I hope they keep Batman's intensity from BvS, tone down his murderous side, and more importantly, show more Bruce Wayne sleuthing/detective skills. I don't think we have ever really gotten to see Batman as a great detective, nor how thorough he was. All the backup stuff he keeps around the city, and how even his mind is trained to go into a "default" mode if he is severely suffering. As much as I liked Nolan's trilogy, his Batman was "too human". I hope that this Batman is more developed and shows how much he perfected himself in every way as a crime fighter as a human possibly could. We got a glimpse of that in BvS, and I trust Affleck to do great things with his Batman.

Spot on about Nolans take. Good films though they are, they weren't the Batman I have read for nearly 40 years.

I just hope the new Batman films show what happened to his parents. Again.

I'm all for this but I hope it's a prequel and not a sequel to MOS/BvS. I also hope rumors that Suicide Squads Joker is actually the dead Robin aka Jason Todd prove to be false!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom