The beer lovers thread...

And finally it's time to sit down with a beer, phew.
IMG_20191225_202200_resize_66.jpg

This time of year there's nothing better than a rich dark Stout to warm ones cockles. This is really good. Creamy mouth feel. Dark coffee & chocolate. Vanilla with a bitter finish. Quality
IMG_20200110_123911717.jpg

Last edited:
Am I missing something here?

A keg from Tesco's. 5L, £3.00 litre.

1579876722904.png

In bottles, you could buy two packs and it will be 6L and £17. It seems you are better off buying bottles or cans and each bottle can be opened when you want it. What's the advantage in a keg?

1579876771436.png

It's supposed to taste more like a pint pulled in a pub. But you're right, as a cost saving bulk buy, it just isn't.

It's supposed to taste more like a pint pulled in a pub. But you're right, as a cost saving bulk buy, it just isn't.

exactly. I think most people buy them for the theatre/show-y aspects.

It's as infamous as a bottle of Blue Nun.

Mr. Smoketoomuch: Their blothed backs and their bardigans and their transistor radios, complaining about the tea or they don't make it properly, do they? And stopping at endless Majorcan bodegas selling fish and chips and Watney's Red Barrel and calamaris and two veg. And sitting in their cotton sunfrocks, squirting Timothy White Suncream all over their puffy, raw, swollen, purulent flesh, 'cos they overdid it on the first day.

Mr. Bounder: Yes, I know just what you mean! Now, what we offer is...

Mr. Smoketoomuch: Being herded into countless Hotel Miramars and Bellevues, Bontinentals with their international luxury modern roomettes...

Mr. Bounder: Oh, yes.

Mr. Smoketoomuch: ...and swimming pools full of draft Red Barrel and fat German businessmen pretending to be acrobats and forming pyramids and frightening the children and...

Mr. Smoketoomuch: ...barging into the queues. And if you're not at your table...

Mr. Smoketoomuch: ...spot on seven you miss your bowl of Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup, the first item in the menu of International Cuisine.

Mr. Bounder: Absolutely. Now what we have here is...

Mr. Smoketoomuch: Every Thursday night there's a bloody cabaret in the bar featuring some tiny emaciated dego with nine-inch hips and some fat bloated tart with her hair Bryll-creamed down and big arse presenting flamenco for foreigners.

Mr. Bounder: Will you be quiet, please?

Mr. Smoketoomuch: And an adenoidal typist from Birmingham with flabby white...

Mr. Bounder: Will you be quiet?

Mr. Smoketoomuch: ...legs and diarrhea trying to pick up hairy, bandy legged, whop degos called Manuel.

Mr. Bounder: Be-be quiet!

Mr. Smoketoomuch: And once a week there's an excursion to local Roman remains, where you can buy Cherry Aid and melted ice cream...

Mr. Bounder: Be quiet!

Mr. Smoketoomuch: ...and bleedin' Watney's Red Barrel.

Am I missing something here?

A keg from Tesco's. 5L, £3.00 litre.

View attachment 1249084

In bottles, you could buy two packs and it will be 6L and £17. It seems you are better off buying bottles or cans and each bottle can be opened when you want it. What's the advantage in a keg?

View attachment 1249086
As others have answered, it's mostly for the theatrical aspect. But rather than use the inbuilt tap you can get refrigerated dispensers for them where you force the beer out with co2 which results in a perfect pint (after a bit of practice). Worth every penny.

I don't have family or friends who'd appreciate craft beer so the whole can to myself.

This is geogous! Oily mouth feel. Cherries, black forest gateau. Herbal and grassy. Resinous bitterness with toffee at the finish. Plus you can't taste the alcohol. 5 out 5.
IMG_20200124_150329574.jpg

I was going to give it a break for the next few days but had to make a special trip into town for this. Dark chocolate nutty bitterness soft fruit with some tartness. 3.5 out of 5. Another one off my beers to try before you die.
IMG_20200126_120441730.jpg

just ordered these today, looking forward to trying them next weekend.
I heard today of 'The Cannonball Run' which involves drinking of, in one sitting

Cannonball
Human Cannonball
Neo-Human Cannonball
Un-Human Cannonball

I believe the 2020 versions of the above will be out during the month of May. I know what I'm planning to do the last bank holiday during that month.

Been doing dry January, which I can highly recommend.... you stay well clear of! Doing it mainly for the weight loss (I'm 6'2 and was 231lbs), managed to lose 20lbs so far with just a few days of Jan left to go.

Off out on Saturday, but I have a few of these to crack into when the time comes.

Missed it last year so super excited about this, for those that don't know it's Verdant Putty.

IMG_2239.JPG

I did Dryanuary a couple or years ago but then I thought about all the pubs closing year on year. I now try to visit as many pubs as possible during January. 'Use it or lose it':)

For the record 5 different pubs this January.

A post-Dry January (which I didn't in the least bit observe) present to myself.

IMG_20200207_183317.jpg
IMG_20200207_183307.jpg

Out in Spain at the min, up near Barcelona snowboarding (I know it’s a hard life).

Found a craft place right out in the mountains for this belter;

23AA6692-4C59-4C93-8FEE-18BFD35322DE.jpeg

What's the strawberry beer like? Seen it around but thought it would be too fruity

Finally ventured to Tesco yesterday.

Holy crap wow.Not cheap, but I usually spend more at my local beer shop.

Bosting
IMG_20200520_120323.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom