The best biscuit ever?

Jammy dodgers,nuff said.:smashin:

Squiffy said:
I have little choice. No chocolate covered goodness for diabetics like me.... :thumbsdow

Sorry to hear that Squiffy,must be torture at times.You'd think by now we could have developed a decent diabetic chocolate wouldn't you!
Regards
Ian

Squiffy said:
I have little choice. No chocolate covered goodness for diabetics like me.... :thumbsdow

Otherwise it would have to be Jaffa Cakes.

(Cue big argument on whether they are biscuits or cakes. All I'll point out is that you always find them on the aisle with all the other biscuits).
Actually there was a legal case about this and it was found to be cakes.

Garrett said:
people must have too much time on their hands...a court case for a Jaffa Cake...what next, a study to find out why Cornflakes go all soggy when you pour milk on them?

Garrett said:

Yes, but where in the supermarket do you find them?

On the biscuit aisle.

(I actually remember reading about this case. I think it was something to do with tax and some sort of different treatment dependent on whether they were classed as cakes or biscuits).

Decadence said:
people must have too much time on their hands...a court case for a Jaffa Cake...what next, a study to find out why Cornflakes go all soggy when you pour milk on them?
May be wrong on thet it could have been a EEC trying to get a ruling but it was found it was a cake. :D

A mention must go to Fig Rolls (Any make but I prefer Jacobs). I go through packets of these every night. Good for the bowels too - what more could you ask from a biscuit.

devon cloted cream chocolate chip shortbread!!! arrgghh (homer simpson stlye drool)

And for every day dunking got to be Mcvities digestive iam dunking one right now!

Cream Crackers!!

With butter and cheese. I've got some excellent stilton in the freezer and some rather poor brie and cheddar in the fridge but no biscuits to go with either of them. :(

I do have a couple of packs of Maryland Cookies from when they were BOGOF at the Co-op so perhaps I should experiement with cheese & cookies. :)

I was reminded of this (from The Guardian at the start of the season). I like almost all biscuits, but I hate Jaffa Cakes ;)

Attachments

• Biscuits1.doc
    77.5 KB · Views: 102
  • Biscuits2.doc
    80 KB · Views: 99
klaus said:
Jammy dodgers,nuff said.:smashin:

agreed!!! :smashin: although they have just changed the jam they use and its now a bit sticky!

I also like the Tunnocks Tea Cakes.... :thumbsup:

Valhoudini said:
A mention must go to Fig Rolls (Any make but I prefer Jacobs). I go through packets of these every night. Good for the bowels too - what more could you ask from a biscuit.

Oh man.... Fig Rollsmake me feel sick, even just thinking about them turns my guts! :rolleyes: :(

Nah...Fig rolls are great but if I wasn't on a diet I'd be stuffing myself with custard creams and chocolate hobnobs....mmmmmmm

At the moment I'm trying these delicious Mcvities go-ahead biscuits filled with oranges and sultanas. Ideal if you're on a diet but still crave something to eat late at night....

EDIT ....God I sound like an advert :)

mason said:
Oh man.... Fig Rollsmake me feel sick, even just thinking about them turns my guts! :rolleyes: :(

But it's impressive they can do their job from an un-opened packet!As to whether or not they are a biscuit though.........

Ps still no sign of SWMBO,these clotted cream cookies had better be worth it!

Carr's Table Water Biscuits....

unfortunately the factory (in Carlisle, I believe) was flooded out last January, and will I suspect be written off....

they're now "Made in Canada for Carr's"....

..................but they taste crap!

Mucky biscuits. My aunt made her own recipe of chocolate coated, toffee shortcake biscuits back in the early 70's. They were gorgeous! Called mucky because we got the first batch, and on the way down to Devon (where we lived) they were damaged and the toffee mixed in with the base. Made them taste even nicer! :D

Sadly she didn't patent the mixture and a major company's rep (who knew my uncle) took it and they produced their own version. She never saw a penny. They weren't as good, I might add, as my aunts..........

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom