The Blu-Rays I saw in Poundland/Dealz and One Below today.

they've had a 1/2 shelf at K Park for months, about five titles between 20 discs.
end of an era :-(

EDIT: i wonder if this is just because they lost a supplier? are big shops like HMV showing a drop in physical purchases? Wondering if all DVD sellers are going to slowly move on or die out. i still buy, but only from online now Poundland have given up.

I was walking by one of our local Poundland stores and noticed a big truck driving away. It was in the Poundland colours but it had Dealz written on it. A delivery from Ireland? I'm assuming that Dealz are also winding down their blus like Poundland. Can any of our Irish members confirm that?

Bri

they've had a 1/2 shelf at K Park for months, about five titles between 20 discs.
end of an era :-(

EDIT: i wonder if this is just because they lost a supplier? are big shops like HMV showing a drop in physical purchases? Wondering if all DVD sellers are going to slowly move on or die out. i still buy, but only from online now Poundland have given up.
I've always imagined that they have many suppliers. They just buy in stuff from companies who need to offload quickly for whatever reason. I doubt if the situation has changed drastically so I think they have just decided not to stock them anymore. That may change at some point in the future but it is indeed the end of an era. I'm missing that thrill of going in and hoping to find many new titles.

Bri

I was walking by one of our local Poundland stores and noticed a big truck driving away. It was in the Poundland colours but it had Dealz written on it. A delivery from Ireland? I'm assuming that Dealz are also winding down their blus like Poundland. Can any of our Irish members confirm that?

Bri
They’ve pretty much gone from the two shops that are in my town Bri, the last time I was in one of them the stock of discs had shrunk from having their own dedicated stand to occupying one shelf in one part of an aisle.

Nothing very recent either in terms of the titles they did have.

Last edited:
I've always imagined that they have many suppliers. They just buy in stuff from companies who need to offload quickly for whatever reason. I doubt if the situation has changed drastically so I think they have just decided not to stock them anymore. That may change at some point in the future but it is indeed the end of an era. I'm missing that thrill of going in and hoping to find many new titles.

Bri
could be, just seems everything i bought seemed to have a music magpie flier in it, so i thought they might have some deal w/ them; as you say, that might nothave been exclusive though.
yeah, was great seeing a wall of titles - ie, not footlong swathes of the same titles - and spotting the boxes upa height that no one else had seen :-D

I've just got back from Washington. As expected Poundland's disc choice was very poor and there no new titles. One Below didn't have anything new either. I also checked Bargain Buys as they've stocked discs before and a new place called Mega Deals. Nothing in those either. Even the Asda had a poorer selection than the Sunderland store. I even looked in the Market Village and I'd say about 40% of the units were empty. It's looking bad.

On the way back there was a broken down hearse with a coffin on-board so some poor beggar is going to be late for their own funeral.

😯
Bri

maybe the engine died.

thinking the only place that will have DVDs now will be the charity shops. they got about 200 of my old ones, anyway.

Just found this in a local Co-op convenience store, of all places. It's closing at the end of the month, so perhaps they've started clearing out the stock room, or something... never seen any discs there previously...

BatmanSuperman.jpg

Just watched The Fault In Our Stars on Disney+ a very moving and worthwhile little movie IMO if you don't find the emotional rollercoaster too much.

Now kinda regret not picking up the BD in Poundland when the opportunity was there... although I see it can be found (new) from £2.68 on ebay. I presume the UV code won't work anymore; the latest ones I've attempted to redeem were accepted by the movie studio site, but then declined as expired at Google Play, so the days of codes still working long after their published redemption dates might now be over.

Just received The Fault In Our Stars via ebay as above and pleased to find the UV code redemption at FoxRedeem still worked successfully with Google Play, nearly 5 years after its 2017 expiry date!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom