Quantcast

The Blu-Rays I saw in Poundland/Dealz today.

DrapedInDarkness

Distinguished Member
On Sunday Gateshead had quite a few. The White Queen, Wonders Of The Universe, The Hatton Garden Job and Poetry. I bought the last Poetry. There were other other titles but I can't remember what they were. The Newcastle store in Eldon Square had nothing and the other one only had Pay The Ghost and Shut In.

Bri
Got to love the dedication to poundland Bri, even on Christmas day :laugh:

brian s

Distinguished Member
Got to love the dedication to poundland Bri, even on Christmas day :laugh:
I'm just lying in bed working up the energy to get out of it. My chest is quite blocked up and I need to exercise before I can I can can even think about starting Christmas Day aproper. That includes wrapping the wife's presents. :eek:

Merry Christmas
Bri

DrapedInDarkness

Distinguished Member
I'm just lying in bed working up the energy to get out of it. My chest is quite blocked up and I need to exercise before I can I can can even think about starting Christmas Day aproper. That includes wrapping the wife's presents. :eek:

Merry Christmas
Bri
Sorry to hear Bri and shocked too lol, hope you are feeling better and are having a great Christmas otherwise :thumbsup:

brian s

Distinguished Member
Sorry to hear Bri and shocked too lol, hope you are feeling better and are having a great Christmas otherwise :thumbsup:
Ah I need to do a lot of heavy breathing these days. The trouble is it puts the phone bill up and starts a police investigation. They nearly caught me the last time.:eek: So today I tried a bit of weight training instead. That helped a bit. Joking aside many thanks. My chest is pretty bad at the moment.

Bri

Ste7en

Distinguished Member
Hope you're feeling better Bri :(

Over the last few chaotic days I've managed to snag:

Fant4stic
The Last King Of Scotland
Much Ado About Nothing
The Counsellor
Gulliver's Travels 3D
Horrible Bosses
The Hatton Garden Job
Pride and Glory
The Expendables / The Expendables 2 double pack
Gone Girl
Wonders of the Solar System
A Single Man

Fred Smith

Called in to Reading stores today or at least tried too! The Friar Street store was closed for refurbishment, now whether that is for Poundland or another it did not say but the store is still listed on the Poundland website.

So onto the other store, total of three Blurays:

Blair Witch
Karl Pilkington
Snow Queen

Only the first was of any interest to me.

Loads of DVD's in cardboard boxes on the bottom shelf including boxes marked 'Walsall', so maybe they are moving stock around?

Ste7en

Distinguished Member
I got some today, pretty sure I have some of them but I got excited :)

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes 3D (with slip)
Fantastic 4 (HMV Jessica Alba slip)
The Watch
Mortdecai
Immortals 3D
The Event (complete series)
Hotel Transylvania 2 3D (with slip)
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 3D (with slip)

imnotrich

FD3A5D19-3A73-4ADF-9DB0-8A47E93B2F60.jpeg F90693AC-6EB0-484B-887E-9084899D5623.jpeg

One of stores in Farnborough had some of the new HMV stock (mixed in with old stock), see pics.

Picked up Fantastic 4, Snoopy 3D and Great Barrier Reef.

Others from the above photo are:
21 Jump Street
Shrek The Final Chapter
X-men First Class
Paranormal Activity 2
Inbetweeners The Movie
Lawless
House Of Cards (Complete First Season)
Limitless
Due Date
Good Luck Chuck
Devils Due
Expenables 1&2
Kings Speech
American Hustle
Redacted
The Watch
Amusements
Shut In
Magic In The Moonlight
The Dark Knight/Batman Returns Boxset
Alvin And The Chipmunks
The Dark Knight
National Treasure 2
The International
Twilight
Hurt Locker
Oceans Thirteen
The Unborn
Oblivion
Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes
The Box
Keith Lemon
Bruno
Sherlock Holmes: Game Of Shadows
Youth In Recruit
Legion

Last edited:

DrapedInDarkness

Distinguished Member

imnotrich

Hey dude, really cheeky request, after somebody slashed the tyres I can't get up to Farnborough, any chance you could pick up any of the following pretty please. :D
Sorry to hear about your car, can't believe somebody did that!?

I don't live in Farnborough so won't be able to get there until Saturday, pm me on Friday if you still want me to go and see what's left.

DrapedInDarkness

Distinguished Member
Sorry to hear about your car, can't believe somebody did that!?

I don't live in Farnborough so won't be able to get there until Saturday, pm me on Friday if you still want me to go and see what's left.
Get's worse they actually scored the tyres, they blew as we were coming off the motorway, first and hopefully last time I am ever that scared I hope!!

Appreciate it dude, will check out the Newbury stores and see if they got lucky too ;)

brian s

Distinguished Member
Get's worse they actually scored the tyres, they blew as we were coming off the motorway, first and hopefully last time I am ever that scared I hope!!

Appreciate it dude, will check out the Newbury stores and see if they got lucky too ;)
God that's terrible. @Ste7en also had a big motorway incident not too long ago.

Bri

DrapedInDarkness

Distinguished Member

brian s

Distinguished Member
I picked up a copy of The Last King Of Scotland. Other than that there was nothing of interest. They had a couple of the older titles at the new £2 price. If they couldn't sell them at a quid they've got no chance at double the price.

Bri

Fred Smith

Picked up the following in Canterbury tonight:

Alex Cross
Amusement
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
Devils Due
Great Barrier Reef
The Watch

DrapedInDarkness

Distinguished Member
Managed to get some today, ironically none of the ones I asked for a few posts above :laugh:

Adjustment Bureau
5 Days Of War
Gangster Squad
Hirokin
Jumper
Life Of Pi
Safe House
Vengeance

Ste7en

Distinguished Member
Another three yesterday:

West is West
Ice Age a Mammoth 3D Christmas (at a whopping 26 minutes long)
Devil's Due

dts

Distinguished Member
Some poundland pick ups...nice to see the shelfs all stocked up again.

Attachments

DrapedInDarkness

Distinguished Member
Some poundland pick ups...nice to see the shelfs all stocked up again.
Continuing my ongoing theme of cheekiness any chance you could pick up any doubles of the top row and Assassin please ;)

DrapedInDarkness

Distinguished Member
The White Queen is quality, well written and superbly acted :thumbsup:

Got two at lunchtime:

The White Queen (yes! finally got one)
The Interceptor (which I think I've already got)

DrapedInDarkness

Distinguished Member
It does look good. One I would have happily paid full price for off Amazon, but when people started picking them up last year I thought I'd hold out for one :)
I originally bought it at Sainsburys sometime in 2013? and I have rewatched it a few times so when I saw it on Blu last year I upgraded it, really is very good, lots to see on a rewatch (or two)

I have said previously that if anybody ever wants anything from my local Poundlands......when they have some that is; I am always happy to pick them up, feel free to ask anytime duder :thumbsup:

dts

Distinguished Member
Continuing my ongoing theme of cheekiness any chance you could pick up any doubles of the top row and Assassin please ;)
I'm back in town tomorrow morning,if there are any left then I will gladly pick them up for you.