The Blu-Rays I saw in Poundland/Dealz and One Below today.

brian s

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
I've picked up several BDs in Poundland over the last several months. I thought it might be a good idea to have a thread on it as you can't go to wrong for just a quid. Today one of the Sunderland city centre Poundland stores had a film called Cedar Rapids.

Cedar Rapids (2011) - IMDb

On Friday the store next to the new Tesco Extra had Bride Wars.

Bride Wars (2009) - IMDb

Bri

I picked up Cedar Rapids yesterday in Old Swan Liverpool, don't know much about it but as you said for £1 its worth a punt.
Also last week in Huyton Liverpool I picked up Prom night and The Omen.

I picked up Cedar Rapids yesterday in Old Swan Liverpool, don't know much about it but as you said for £1 its worth a punt.
Also last week in Huyton Liverpool I picked up Prom night and The Omen.

I picked up Prom Night about 3 or 4 weeks ago. There was a sign up at Halloween saying they had The Omen but they didn't have any.

Bri

Last edited:
Paranormal activity 3
Paranormal activity 4
Marmaduke
Dragon ball evolution

Saw that they had 2 copies of Juno in my local store yesterday.

Cedar Rapids is a lot of fun - definitely worth £1. Juno, not so much.

Got the Omen for a pound and also the hills have eyes 2.
Also picked up Gallowwalkers with Wesley snipes, apparently it went straight to video, ahem...

Unfortunately I also bought Gallowwalkers. It was total rubbish but I've bought even worse films at much more money.

Bri

Not watched it yet. What's the worse film you've ever bought then? I will admit to transformers 2. Utter dross.

Not watched it yet. What's the worse film you've ever bought then? I will admit to transformers 2. Utter dross.

Ah Transformers. I was very surprised that I actually quite liked the first one. I agree with you that the second was utter dross. I haven't even considered looking at any more in the series. The worst ever? Too many to mention and recall. Avatar was really bad for a huge budget "quality" film but there's even worse than that. There was a really low budget Nazi zombi film of which I've forgotten the title. It had a senior female SS officer with augmented breasts and a shirt that was far too small for her. The film even had a black person going into Germany undercover as a German soldier. If I remember the title I'll get back to you.

Bri

Ah Transformers. I was very surprised that I actually quite liked the first one. I agree with you that the second was utter dross. I haven't even considered looking at any more in the series. The worst ever? Too many to mention and recall. Avatar was really bad for a huge budget "quality" film but there's even worse than that. There was a really low budget Nazi zombi film of which I've forgotten the title. It had a senior female SS officer with augmented breasts and a shirt that was far too small for her. The film even had a black person going into Germany undercover as a German soldier. If I remember the title I'll get back to you.

Bri

That's sounds an absolute shocker.

I think Watchmen was my biggest 'huge budget' disappointment.

I love Watchmen. I know some regard it as quite poor compared to the original comic but I thought it was superb.

Bri

I didn't hate it, It was just so hyped at the time and I felt they missed a few things. I remember pre ordering the ultimate version from Amazon USA and then left a bit flat that some parts from the novels were missing. Then again I suppose they couldn't include everything.

Ok I will change it to Norbit or Pluto Nash, uber uber crud!

On Hot Deals that you can get the Alan Partridge Box Set for £1 at B&M Bargins. Theres supposed to be quite a lot of discounted DVDS, Box Sets and Blu Rays as well.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
I picked this up at the store near the Tesco Extra.

20160316_112423.jpg

They still had several copies of Bride Wars. The other two stores have nothing at the moment.

I thought one of them had the Tom Cruise version of Vanilla Sky but it was a DVD in a blue cover.

:facepalm:
Bri

I know it's not exactly a pound but on there website they are selling select Disney/Marvel Blu-Ray's for £5

I know it's not exactly a pound but on there website they are selling select Disney/Marvel Blu-Ray's for £5

And instore. They have signs up saying everything's £1.00. So I was really hacked off when I decided to buy Avengers Assemble and they said it was a fiver. Even worse I had to buy something else with it to get this "special offer" so at least £6.00 to buy an item in Poundland!

I do not regard paying £6.00 for an item in a shop that claims everything is £1.00 as a special offer.

Bri

Bri

Sounds like dead snow? Looks like they made DS2!

Amazon.co.uk: dead snow

Transfomers got better after 2. 3 was not as good as 1 but better than 2, and 4 was pretty good, 2 was a mess, I own 1, 3 and 4.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom