The Blu-Rays I saw in Poundland/Dealz and One Below today.

Not Poundland but the Fopp-type store in Liverpool St Johns seconds from the Poundland had sealed copies of Hangover 1& 2 box set for 50p :eek:

One of the 2 Newbury stores had some additions today....

Headshot
Homeland S2
Stations Of The Cross
Gone Girl

I was in Durham during the week. They didn't have much but I picked up a French film Love Crime. We went just a short distance to the British Heart Foundation and they had several blus at £2.99 each. All of them were titles that had been previously available in Poundland at a quid.

Yesterday the Sunderland store had several second hand DVD sets at £3 each!

Bri

The £2 pound range is continuous going forward I believe but the range and quality is meant to be better.

Got Gone Girl myself :).

I think I'm going to put all my Poundland cheapies in a Case Logic binder. I really need to free up some space.

One of the stores had quite a few of the new £2 titles, ones I can remember they had....

Jurassic Park
Breaking Bad : Season 1
Breaking Bad : Season 3
House Of Cards : Season 2
House Of Cards : Season 3
Fantastic Four (latest one)
X men Days Of Future Past 3D
Lost : Season 4
Bridget Jones Baby
Expenables 1&2

I'm sure there were others but there were quite a few copies of each title except the last three.

As expected, nothing in my locals. Even rung up the one furthest away and they specifically said they had a delivery of dvds but no blurays. Didn't even attempt to look in the 2nd one in town as there's a fayre going in on and it's absolutely f***ing mental in that area on a Saturday. Not even going to bother looking again in any stores until at least after Christmas. Pointless.

There’s a few in my local, this seems the better value for a stocking filler for the youngling.

0F6884D8-A18B-43A3-8BFE-7B4BCF780E72.jpeg

One of the stores had quite a few of the new £2 titles, ones I can remember they had....

Jurassic Park
Bridget Jones Baby
Expenables 1&2

I'm sure there were others but there were quite a few copies of each title except the last three.

Exactly what one of the Farnborough stores had too!

I picked up Hotel Transylvania 2 (3D) replay last week... because it was still £1 and because it was 3D and because I was bored of finding nothing else... not yet seen or purchased the first Hotel Transylvania though!

Jurassic Park
Bridget Jones Baby
Expenables 1&2

The last Fantastic Four isn't worth £2 as it was terrible unfortunately. I'd half consider buying it if it was the 4k though. :laugh: I still haven't completely given up on the idea of a
Poundland 4k. I picked up a couple of 4k discs from Currys PC World at about £6 or £7 each a while back so why not one from Poundland at a fiver?

Bri

The last Fantastic Four isn't worth £2 as it was terrible unfortunately. I'd half consider buying it if it was the 4k though. :laugh:

Bri
LMAO didn’t you know you can’t polish a turd, you can sprinkle glitter on it but it’s still a turd underneath :rotfl:

LMAO didn’t you know you can’t polish a turd, you can sprinkle glitter on it but it’s still a turd underneath :rotfl:

Actually I quite enjoyed the alternate origin story at the start but once they got their powers the film kind of stopped as I recall. Nothing seemed to happen for an age then they tagged on a lame action scene at the end.

Bri

Actually I quite enjoyed the alternate origin story at the start but once they got their powers the film kind of stopped as I recall. Nothing seemed to happen for an age then they tagged on a lame action scene at the end.

Bri
I thought it was a load of codswallop throughout, transporting to an alternate dimension and someone whos suppose to be a fantastic scientist rather than someone that does not have two brain cells to rub together, sticks his hand in some green shit that he know zilch about apart from it being green sums the film up writing.

I'll keep an eye out for A Simple Life been wanting to see that one for a while, A Single Man is bloody excellent Bri did you pick that up, I can't usually stand Colin Firth but he was brilliant in this.

I think I got the only copy of A Simple Life but I'll keep an eye open for another copy for you if you don't manage to find it. I didn't get A Single Man as it's never appealed to me. I might be going back into Newcastle before Christmas so I might consider getting it. Again I think there was only one copy. I didn't manage get to the Gateshead store this time but they've always had an interesting selection on my previous visits. I'll try and get in there if I do go back.

Bri

Seen Gullivers Travels 3D (Jack Black), The Hatton Garden Job, Monsters University (Pixar) amongst the ones already mentioned on here.

On Sunday Gateshead had quite a few. The White Queen, Wonders Of The Universe, The Hatton Garden Job and Poetry. I bought the last Poetry. There were other other titles but I can't remember what they were. The Newcastle store in Eldon Square had nothing and the other one only had Pay The Ghost and Shut In.

Bri

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom