The Boys (Amazon UK) renewed for S3, S2 September 4, 2020

Hard to pick which one's the better show, this or Peacemaker.
Must be The Boys, by a hair. It does have the finer satire, methinks.
Peacemaker has the better soundtrack, though :)

And hot dog, Starlight looks amazing :love:
...or maybe this is why The Boys comes out on top :D
I think she's lost a tiny bit of weight since season 2, not that she needed to but you won't hear me complaining :rotfl:
What was it that Maeve said to her back in season 1? Something along the lines of "I was just like you, a$s you could bounce a coin off it..." :facepalm:

Last edited:
I'm going to do my level best to wait till they've all aired and then binge it.

For shows that are simply too good, one episode a week is just hell on earth.
I’m positive I’ve heard you say something similar, not so long ago. The Severance thread, maybe?!

I much prefer weekly releases - bingeing destroys my productivity and sleep pattern.

Managed to watch E1 last night before bed for an early start today. Diabolical!

had me from the "previously on" - fabulous staccato sequence of people gettng blatted.

I'm going to do my level best to wait till they've all aired and then binge it.

For shows that are simply too good, one episode a week is just hell on earth.

Yeh I would 99% normally be the same and if it was only 1 episode available, i’d have waited. For 3 though, I caved. If it’s only 1 a week now for the next say 5 weeks, i’ll wait till the end then binge the rest.

...or maybe this is why The Boys comes out on top :D
I think she's lost a tiny bit of weight since season 2, not that she needed to but you won't hear me complaining :rotfl:
What was it that Maeve said to her back in season 1? Something along the lines of "I was just like you, a$s you could bounce a coin off it..." :facepalm:

Yeh I was thinking that (weight) but since its been a while, wasn’t sure. Now that you mention it as well though…100% convinced.

I was going to spread them out but by the end of ep1 there was no way that was happening, so watched all three last night. I enjoyed it probably more than is healthy TBH.

The gory bits are as shocking and funny as ever, but I really enjoyed the pretty even handed satire of just about everything and so many blink and you miss it gags - “Woke Wok” had me in stitches. I just hope they can keep up the quality for the rest of the series.

Last edited:
I’m positive I’ve heard you say something similar, not so long ago. The Severance thread, maybe?!

I much prefer weekly releases - bingeing destroys my productivity and sleep pattern.

Ah but to be fair Severance is the best thing since sliced bread. So there was no chance you could hold out on that one once an episode appeared :)

E6 comes with an interesting warning at the beginning. Let's see how much more messed up they can go!

I don't know what the comic book is like for the E6 episode title, but it wasn't as bad as this show is capable of. Epic ending though. Bring on the last couple of episodes!

So, S3 is finished and for me, it went out with a fizzle and not a bang. Onto S4 I guess.

Still watching s3, but I have to say that the satire is razor-sharp, and they don’t give a fudge. Superb series.

7833D5A2-FF07-4AAE-AA89-90E0105A8F95.jpeg

Urban and Starr are two of the best on TV right now.

It is slightly insane (in a good way) that pretty much all of the comments on this are in character (spoiler for season 3 just in case)...

Looking forward to it with fingers crossed 🤞

This isn't the redband trailer, but viewer discretion still advised:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom