The Boys Season 2 (Amazon) TV Show Review & Comments

We're going to watch these first three tonight. Loved the first series, so really ready for this!
SAVE THE WHA....oops, too late! :D

Thanks Tom, watched the first two last night, hasn’t lost its edge and far better than a number of superheroes type content out there, looking forward to how the season plays out.

The Boys Season 1 was one of my fave shows last year. I watched the first 3 eps yesterday still really good but not quite at the heights of last year. Let’s see how the next 5 eps go. Karl Urban’s daddy’s home had me smiling. As always with Amazon finding 4K HDR is a little hit and miss, ep 1 on ATV was ok, ep 2 on LG was ok and couldn’t find ep 3 with 4K HDR on either - george

Resisting the urge to watch straight away. The one episode a week roll out is painful. Will wait for the lot to be available. Must be strong!

Great episodes but only 3....was thinking they will realease all at once.

As always with Amazon finding 4K HDR is a little hit and miss

Amazon Prime UI is utterly terrible and I have no idea why they don't just do what other services to and pick the best quality based on bandwidth. Why they separate 4k and normal makes me frustrated as often really hard to find the right version.

I watched the first episode last night, I'll probably get round to the other two this weekend.There are still outstanding questions from season 1 that have (I hope) been deliberately left unanswered. But I am loving the slow but intense build up. It feels like it is holding itself back, just giving you glimpses of what's to come. That encounter between Homelander and that supe in the gym was classic Homelander. But that final confrontation with Homelander and
Giancarlo Esposito
was (sorry to use the word again) "intense".

I watched all 3 last night and I don't know, was ok, was nice to see it back but doesn't seem to have the impact of the first season. Will see how it progresses.

I had awful problems with 4K, it was constantly going between pixelated and 4k, even though the bandwidth is fine (200MB) and the connection was fine, not sure what was going on. I tried to change to HD but couldn't find anywhere to change to HD on prime so was stuck with it

Cheers Tom.

Only 8 episodes so happy to wait for them all to drop so I can binge. Ridiculous and bizarre from Amazon to choose to drop 3 and then do the other 5 weekly. Why not 4 and 4, or double bill and then 6? Especially when the first season dropped complete as well.

Cheers Tom.

Only 8 episodes so happy to wait for them all to drop so I can binge. Ridiculous and bizarre from Amazon to choose to drop 3 and then do the other 5 weekly. Why not 4 and 4, or double bill and then 6? Especially when the first season dropped complete as well.
Yeah, they've lost the plot with this one for sure.
Before I watched I was guessing that it would be like a 3 episode mini-arc but no. Not really. I genuinely can't fathom the thinking behind it.

Yeah, they've lost the plot with this one for sure.
Before I watched I was guessing that it would be like a 3 episode mini-arc but no. Not really. I genuinely can't fathom the thinking behind it.

Work experience boy must have pressed the wrong button and it was too late to go back.

painful choice to release these weekly - amazon do make watching their stuff painful which is a shame - but the first 3 eps were excellent - easy 9 for me

I watched all 3 last night and I don't know, was ok, was nice to see it back but doesn't seem to have the impact of the first season. Will see how it progresses.

I had awful problems with 4K, it was constantly going between pixelated and 4k, even though the bandwidth is fine (200MB) and the connection was fine, not sure what was going on. I tried to change to HD but couldn't find anywhere to change to HD on prime so was stuck with it
exact same problem on my lg b9 oled,4k and then 360p blurry mess for a few seconds every 10mins

exact same problem on my lg b9 oled,4k and then 360p blurry mess for a few seconds every 10mins

Seems I wasn't an isolated incident then. Were you using the "app" built into the tv?

Seems I wasn't an isolated incident then. Were you using the "app" built into the tv?
Me too. Exact same thing on an E6 through the app. Just checked Downdetector and there was a spike between 2000 and 2300 last night (very low numbers but still a spike) so maybe an issue at Amazon's end?

Me too. Exact same thing on an E6 through the app. Just checked Downdetector and there was a spike between 2000 and 2300 last night (very low numbers but still a spike) so maybe an issue at Amazon's end?

Quite possibly then, glad it wasn't just me! I was watching about 9pm I think

I watched the first 3 episodes last night. I also had quality issues with the 4k stream using the amazon app on my 4k blu ray player. I switched to the amazon on my virgin v6 box and it was noticeably better and consistent.

Just watched the first two episodes. Darker & slower building than Season 1, but still great.

Watched via the App on ATV 4K and absolutely zero issues with the 4K picture. Crystal clear throughout.

Last edited:
Using the app on my TV. Not even sure what i’m watching half the time as there’s no way to know when it’s Amazon. Info Button. Nothing (b/rate and res with nextflix). Every several minutes the quality goes crap (like my internet has switched to dial up).

Doesn't even make it clear whether it’s 1080p/4K when you select the programme.

Just like their web site. Utterly useless. All done on purpose (imo).

Great show though!

Using the app on my TV. Not even sure what i’m watching half the time as there’s no way to know when it’s Amazon. Info Button. Nothing (b/rate and res with nextflix). Every several minutes the quality goes crap (like my internet has switched to dial up).

Doesn't even make it clear whether it’s 1080p/4K when you select the programme.

Just like their web site. Utterly useless. All done on purpose (imo).

Great show though!
That's what I found with the app on the TV, couldn't see any stats or anything, just a messed up image every few minutes, ruined the programme for me

watched first two episodes great picture in 4k but not displaying hdr for me? on my bedroom hisense but the lg downstairs is?

I read somewhere that they are going to release all episodes now instead of weekly? Or was that a dream?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom