The Championship & EFL Thread

Of course

Tactical change at half-time. Naby Sarr, a fantasy manager's nightmare with an own goal and a yellow card is replaced by Jason Pearce.

An hour gone, still 1-1, a place in the Championship up for grabs.

Duchess the armchair fan has the best seat in the house?

20190526-161334.jpg

Championship play-off final build-up: Aston Villa v Derby County

A matter of hours now. Villa lost in the final last year - aside from Everton I think they've spent the most years in the top flight?

Guess I'd like to see them return but if Derby prevail it might be good news for Bournemouth who, should Fraser and Brooks leave, I fear for.

Couldn't imagine Derby staying up and certainly not Sheffield United, still - wait and see what unfolds this afternoon - best of luck to both teams.

It looks like Villa will be in the PL next season.

It's also looking probable that Lampard will also be there as the manager of Chelsea.

I'm glad Derby didn't steal anything in the end. They did naff all all game apart from gift Villa two goals. And the last time Derby were in the EPL twelve years ago they could only muster eleven points!

Pleased for Grealish too, he can be a Premier League player in his own right instead of moving to a slightly larger club like Tottenham. :D

Tbh we didn't play great today so thankful Derby weren't in form

UTV

Tbh we didn't play great today so thankful Derby weren't in form

UTV

I agree - although we did have the upper hand in the first half, but didn't kill if off when we were in the ascendancy.

Still, I guess it's a mark of progress - the Villa of old (or even relatively recently) would have folded under pressure and ended up giving it away.

Squeaky bum time for those last 10 minutes though! :eek:

I agree - although we did have the upper hand in the first half, but didn't kill if off when we were in the ascendancy.

Still, I guess it's a mark of progress - the Villa of old (or even relatively recently) would have folded under pressure and ended up giving it away.

Squeaky bum time for those last 10 minutes though! :eek:

Could have crushed a coconut, let alone walnuts, in the last 10

Partially nerves, partially Derby, but we didn't really put together any majorly good moves. Wings seemed to get space to cross but never seemed to be anyone to cross it too with Tammy still at half way line. We've had much better games against them this year

Don't even have to make a new thread for this year!

The immensely popular thread for those whose clubs aren't in the top flight continueth!

3 days to go until the first of more train journeys.

Aldershot Town take on the might of AFC Fylde at The Rec.

Tonight it'll be a lamb Madras, San Miguel and a film called Human Traffic that somehow I haven't seen yet.

calling-the-shots.com/category/vanarama-league/

My match video from Saturday. All-ticket tonight so not at Woking but listening on the BBC Sport app.

EFL CHAMPIONSHIP

Started Friday with Luton 3-3 Middlesbrough and ended Monday with Huddersfield 1-2 Derby.

Inbetween, Leeds won 3-1 at Bristol City, there were also away wins for Cardiff, West Brom, QPR and Charlton.

I've seen some bad referees but tonight's was the worst referee I have EVER seen. Not fit to run a bath. Utter disgrace, ought to be done under the Trades Description Act. The name? Richard Hulme. Should never be allowed near a football, field again. Up the Shots!

I've seen some bad referees but tonight's was the worst referee I have EVER seen. Not fit to run a bath. Utter disgrace, ought to be done under the Trades Description Act. The name? Richard Hulme. Should never be allowed near a football, field again. Up the Shots!
I pop in and watch Bromley once in a while. Didn't go last night though.
Been to Aldershot in the dim and distant past. Used to be a dodgy ground to go to if the squaddys were there on a jolly up.
I've moaned about Championship and prem refs but the standard is even worse in the national league.

I pop in and watch Bromley once in a while. Didn't go last night though.
Been to Aldershot in the dim and distant past. Used to be a dodgy ground to go to if the squaddys were there on a jolly up.
I've moaned about Championship and prem refs but the standard is even worse in the national league.

Yeah you're not wrong there. Fellow fans are reminding me about a ref called Gavin Ward too!

It's kind of refreshing not using last night's shenannigans by the ref as some excuse for a defeat - we managed that perfectly well by ourselves! My match report...

Aldershot Town 0-1 Bromley: Familiarity breeds despair

But you had to be there to see it to believe it - it was that bad we have to approach the Referees Association about it.

Bromley brought 63 impeccably behaved fans. I was in care mid-to late seventies in Mitcham and can tell you that I was in the Holmesdale on that famous night vs Burnley - 51,011 if memory serves and I will never forget being crushed and the immense heat from all those bodies!

Blimey, I was at the Burnley game that night as a kid..
The official attendance was 51,801 but it was nearer 60,000.
People were climbing over the walls and turnstile hopping as the gates shut at 6.30 I think. What a night.

Good luck to The Shots for the season.

Blimey, I was at the Burnley game that night as a kid..
The official attendance was 51,801 but it was nearer 60,000.
People were climbing over the walls and turnstile hopping as the gates shut at 6.30 I think. What a night.

Good luck to The Shots for the season.

Think it was a Friday night? Swindlehurst and Hilaire - Jim Cannon? Sketchy memories. I'd have been 12 therabouts. I remember it was exciting but scary at the same time. I also seem to have forgotten the second goal? For years I thought it was 1-0!

And good luck to the Eagles too.

Think it was a Friday night? Swindlehurst and Hilaire - Jim Cannon? Sketchy memories. I'd have been 12 therabouts. I remember it was exciting but scary at the same time. I also seem to have forgotten the second goal? For years I thought it was 1-0!

And good luck to the Eagles too.

Yep Friday night with The FA Cup final the next day.
Swindlehurst and Ian Walsh were the scorers. I loved Swindlehurst.
That was quite a team until it all went horribly wrong a couple of years later.
Oh and I was the same age as you.
Small world.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom