The Championship & EFL Thread

Fulham not a bad away trip to be fair!

I bet Fulham couldn't believe how (word rhymes with "wit") Brentford were! Talk about what a lot of fuss about nothing!

After all that, Fulham just replace Norwich as next season's whipping boys.

Fulham not a bad away trip to be fair!

How do you rate their ground? Someone just tweeted it was one of the best grounds in the country. Nearly choked on this blueberry yogurt.

Must be a West London thing I reckon. Add Chelsea and QPR.

Plough Lane I liked. And Cold Blow Lane. Those were what I value as proper footy grounds.

The trip and the surrounding area is decent. Ground is average. It’s that neutral away end !!

Was hard not to be happy for Scott Parker after the game, was in tears pretty much, and has done a good job at regrouping the club.

They rave about that Benrahma but he hold onto the ball for far too long

Josh Onomah has looked decent.

With Mitrovic to come on you have to say Brentford need to take a chance sooner or later

Yeah, spot on about Benrahma. Seems to take an age to process what he's going to do with the ball whenever he receives it. Maybe he's better further forward but when he dropped deep to get on the ball he looked crap. He looked crap anyway but that weakness in his game was exposed the deeper he dropped back. Plus his deliveries from setpieces were terrible as well.

Dasilva and Mbeumo stunk the place out as well, particularly Mbeumo (ball running under his feet, losing possession, causing attacking moves to break down).

From Fulham both FB looked good, particularly Joe Bryan, but out of all of them I really liked Cairney. Great distribution, quick thinker, big lad. Could definitely make an impact in the Premiership next season.

Not sure about Ream though, and Hector isn't my cup of tea as a central defender either.

Yeah, spot on about Benrahma. Seems to take an age to process what he's going to do with the ball whenever he receives it. Maybe he's better further forward but when he dropped deep to get on the ball he looked crap. He looked crap anyway but that weakness in his game was exposed the deeper he dropped back. Plus his deliveries from setpieces were terrible as well.

Dasilva and Mbeumo stunk the place out as well, particularly Mbeumo (ball running under his feet, losing possession, causing attacking moves to break down).

From Fulham both FB looked good, particularly Joe Bryan, but out of all of them I really liked Cairney. Great distribution, quick thinker, big lad. Could definitely make an impact in the Premiership next season.

Not sure about Ream though, and Hector isn't my cup of tea as a central defender either.
Agree re dasilva & Mbeumo. A number of times Brentford broke and both of these were guilty, a number of times, of playing the wrong ball or slowing down the attack - infuriating to watch and I’m in no way affiliated with Brentford!

Felt sorry for Watkins last night, zero service and just wasn’t given anything to feed off (see above I suppose!)

Commentator kept going on about Odoi playing instead of Christie - I’ve always thought Odoi was a decent player - one of the only players to retain any credit when they were relegated from the prem. Christie is one of them fullbacks who actually can’t defend so cant see him lasting

Missed your point about Benrahamas deliveries, Jesus, absolutely woeful they were last night! So so bad

Just a small stat about “whipping boys” Fulham..:
7BDF9D9F-54FD-45F8-AAB0-2D250A9B734B.jpeg
The

Okay, I've finally caught up with the highlights as I already knew the result, despite my desperate attempts to avoid it!

Fulham were the better team, showed more composure and confidence throughout, and their possession-based game suited the occasion more.

The less said about the first 90 minutes, the better - it was the absolute definition of "cagey". Scoring first always opens up a game and changes the dynamic completely. In fact, both Fulham goals were good.

But you really don't want to save one of your worst performances of the Season to the Play-Off Finals, and Brentford did that. Or you could argue that Fulham were tactically better in nullifying their danger.

Either way, though I'm pleased for Scott Parker who's done a great job there, they are not Premier League quality and will be scrapping for survival come the end of the Season. Brentford needed the money more than they do and will probably lose key players now.

Anyway, see you all in less than a month's time!

Championship opening weekend fixtures:
  • Bournemouth v Blackburn Rovers
  • Barnsley v Luton Town
  • Birmingham City v Brentford
  • Bristol City v Coventry City
  • Cardiff City v Sheffield Wednesday
  • Derby County v Reading
  • Huddersfield Town v Norwich City
  • Millwall v Stoke City
  • Preston North End v Swansea City
  • Queens Park Rangers v Nottingham Forest
  • Watford v Middlesbrough
  • Wycombe Wanderers v Rotherham United
League one opening weekend fixtures:
  • Accrington Stanley v Peterborough United
  • Crewe Alexandra v Charlton Athletic
  • Doncaster Rovers v Milton Keynes Dons
  • Fleetwood Town v Burton Albion
  • Gillingham v Hull City
  • Ipswich Town v Wigan Athletic
  • Lincoln City v Oxford United
  • Northampton Town v A.F.C. Wimbledon
  • Plymouth Argyle v Blackpool
  • Portsmouth v Shrewsbury Town
  • Sunderland v Bristol Rovers
  • Swindon Town v Rochdale
League two opening weekend fixtures:
  • Barrow v Stevenage
  • Bolton Wanderers v Forest Green Rovers
  • Bradford City v Colchester United
  • Cambridge United v Carlisle United
  • Cheltenham Town v Morecambe
  • Mansfield Town v Tranmere Rovers
  • Oldham Athletic v Leyton Orient
  • Port Vale v Crawley Town
  • Salford City v Exeter City
  • Scunthorpe United v Newport County
  • Southend United v Harrogate Town
  • Walsall v Grimsby Town

National League?

But wait! I'm off to football tomorrow!

125 tickets available, 13 were left when I got on the site.
"WHEN I WAS YOUNG, THEY SAID TO ME, WE'RE RED AND BLUE, A. T. F. C"

UP THE SHOTS!!!

In regards to season ticket holders here on forum, what options have you been offered by your clubs if any? We have been offered Streaming or refunds on a monthly basis at Swans

Our club would probably say "we've got your money, now jog on".

I don't think they've said anything concrete yet, to answer the question.

Still waiting for the new home shirt which "will be delivered mid-August".

Strange one, quality player for my rivals team, i also wonder what hes been up too??
It must’ve been bad to be sacked over it. He’s deleted all his social media as well (according to reports)

second time he’s left a club under a cloud

The rule of six comes in and then they allow a thousand to return to stadiums 🤷‍♂️

Crowd Pilots: EFL confirm 10 upcoming games will host fans - Fan pilots at 10 EFL games this weekend

And Middlesbrough amongst the worst covid hotspots in the country with the North east about to enter some sort of local lockdown/curfew on Friday (apparently)

And Middlesbrough amongst the worst covid hotspots in the country with the North east about to enter some sort of local lockdown/curfew on Friday (apparently)
It's crazy how Middlesborough are going to be allowed a thousand fans into a stadium when it's a hotspot 🤷‍♂️

It's crazy how Middlesborough are going to be allowed a thousand fans into a stadium when it's a hotspot 🤷‍♂️
"Other restrictions, which are set to be announced but have not yet been confirmed, include sports fans being advised not to attend games."

Having said that they may be lucky despite being a hotspot

"the areas affected are likely to be Newcastle, Northumberland, North Tyneside, South Tyneside, Gateshead, County Durham and Sunderland."

Boro are technically Yorkshire, about 50 metres over the river from Co Durham

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom