Votes: 60 49.2%
  • with sugar or other sweeters

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • without milk and sugar - black and not sweetened

Votes: 34 27.9%
  • no coffee at all

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Am I the only one who hates froth on their coffee? I don't know what froth is supposed to add to the drinking experience other that coat my moustache necessitating a face wash to negate a lingering smell of milk.
If it's not an espresso, I don't drink it anyway. :D
I only use the milk wand for my wife or guests. I didn't literally mean froth, but heated textured milk, which is what I use one for.

It's more that those wand frothers seem like they might be a pain to clean and Iv'e heard they don;t really warm the milk much.
The auto milk frother I was thinking of is one of those separate ones:

In all honesty I have yet to see details on how to clean these machines anyway. If only using twice a week or so I don't want to be taking things apart and hand cleaning it all each time. I do like the look of those Melitta's though.
Don't worry about cleaning. I live in the hardest water area in the country and I descale mine once every 6 months and it takes about 20 minutes of effort.
With a milk wand, once you have finished, wipe it with a damp cloth and send a fresh shot of steam through the wand. Voila, clean. :)
By the way, I have the De'Longhi Dedica machine (around £170). Done me well for 4 years. It may be on it's way out, not quite sure yet, but even if it is, it was so cheap that lasting 5 years it owes me nothing.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Don't worry about cleaning. I live in the hardest water area in the country and I descale mine once every 6 months and it takes about 20 minutes of effort.
With a milk wand, once you have finished, wipe it with a damp cloth and send a fresh shot of steam through the wand. Voila, clean. :)
By the way, I have the De'Longhi Dedica machine (around £170). Done me well for 4 years. It may be on it's way out, not quite sure yet, but even if it is, it was so cheap that lasting 5 years it owes me nothing.

Nice one thanks :smashin:
Definitely prefer to have a smaller one as I'll probably keep the Dolce Gusto for the time being until I have the wife converted :D

Have found a few cleaning videos of them and doesn't seem too bad and not too often so that's good.
Will single out a few models and have a look at the January sales and see what is on offer.

It's more that those wand frothers seem like they might be a pain to clean and Iv'e heard they don;t really warm the milk much.
The auto milk frother I was thinking of is one of those separate ones:

In all honesty I have yet to see details on how to clean these machines anyway. If only using twice a week or so I don't want to be taking things apart and hand cleaning it all each time. I do like the look of those Melitta's though.

There's no taking apart to clean the milk frother. As KyleS1 says it's just blast through with clean water and a wipe. Can't comment on the effectiveness - passing steam through should be enough I'd have thought but I don't like milk in coffee, let alone hot milk :)

That said I have friends with a similar milk thing to yours and they're happy. They have a crazy expensive Italian hand pump coffee machine which needs an engineering degree to operate.
When they started AirBnB they bought a Nespresso for the guests to use and the frother to go with that.

We also have very hard water 5 out of 5 on the test kit. I use Brita filtered water in the tank.
The machine pops up a descale warning light when it feels the need and it's easy enough to do. I do end up referring to the manual each time but that's because it needs doing so infrequently.
There is also a cleaning light that pops up every 200 cups or so. The machine moves coffee grounds inside and there is inevitably a bit of spillage and build up of oils in there.
You pop out the main brewing unit and give it a rinse and brush. Then pop in an oxygen cleaning tab to get rid of the oils. A few minutes flushing through and job's a good'un.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Loving the snobbery around coffee and frothed milk...should've known before I posted lol :rotfl:

I am a poorly peasant who only drinks Lattes or Expresso Martinis...apologies ;)

I use the milk Wand on lowest setting to warm milk and add a bit of air I guess then pour onto a double shot of espresso, about 1/3 milk to my coffee perfect for my taste not a latte lover here.

I've just looked at the one you have on Amazon and have to be honest i like it.

i currently use and aero press and whilst i like it i can't help but feel i am ready to take my coffee making to the next level and buy a machine of some description but no idea where to even start lol

Very pleased with the De’longhi ECAM 45.760 I bought from Amazon, fully adjustable to perfect your own brew
Makes very good milky drinks selections and back down in price on Amazon today

I've just looked at the one you have on Amazon and have to be honest i like it.

i currently use and aero press and whilst i like it i can't help but feel i am ready to take my coffee making to the next level and buy a machine of some description but no idea where to even start lol
It’s a good inexpensive machine. You will need to buy a grinder too or buy already ground coffee. I descaled it and the damn this is back to full form again. I want it to die so I can buy the sage! :D

It’s a good inexpensive machine. You will need to buy a grinder too or buy already ground coffee. I descaled it and the damn this is back to full form again. I want it to die so I can buy the sage! :D

Thanks for that, i do own a grinder already so got that covered. i have looked at the price and checked and they have regular dropped to around the 100 mark and at times below so will keep an eye out.

i genuinely am happy with my aero press and wondered if it offers much more than that ?

Aeropress is great but an espresso machine is a step above.
Cheapest I’ve ever seen it is £119 so sub £100 is a bargain.

Aeropress is great but an espresso machine is a step above.
Cheapest I’ve ever seen it is £119 so sub £100 is a bargain.
That's kind of what i was hoping as i want the next step in all honesty

My sister has just comeback from a visit to India and brought me back these beans , I think that they are only available in India, looking forward to trying these
704D6C82-DBD7-4A88-A35F-FE4DF3259B81.jpeg

Does anyone have any recommendations for a coffee machine for me in the £200-£300 bracket ?

Not that it is a huge deal but i use a large cup for my morning coffee but can always change if needed lol.

Not bothered about a milk further as i drink expression and Americanos only
not bothered about it being a bean to cup or having a built in grinder.

I just want something that is reasonably priced and makes nice coffee and so far the one mentioned here in the Delonhi Dedica looks a good bet

Just been looking as i have nothing to do and have 2 options

Sage Bambino Plus or Delonghi Dedica. The sage is on offer at the moment for £199 and the Dedica is £150 ish, any ideas what would be the best one to go for ?

Thanks

Not sure if you know, but I believe both those machines will just do you an Espresso or a double Espresso. So if you’re using a large mug then you will always have to froth milk to make it into either a Cappuccino or a Latte.

There are machines that will do all this and also allow you to do a Long Coffee.

He did mention he doesn’t drink coffee with milk, but you are right they don’t make a long coffee.

Yeah to be honest the milk thing is a bonus and would be more for others than myself. I am all about the americano and like a decent amount, especially for the morning coffee

The Melitta caffeo solo I mentioned earlier here will make a mug or two of Americano sized coffee or can dial down to an espresso shot.
It’s bean to cup which is a big advantage. I wouldn’t go back to using preground coffee. Getting a grinder for our previous filter machine was like night and day to the flavour of the brew.

The Melitta caffeo solo I mentioned earlier here will make a mug or two of Americano sized coffee or can dial down to an espresso shot.
It’s bean to cup which is a big advantage. I wouldn’t go back to using preground coffee. Getting a grinder for our previous filter machine was like night and day to the flavour of the brew.

Thanks i will have a look at that one

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom