• with sugar or other sweeters

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • without milk and sugar - black and not sweetened

Votes: 34 27.9%
  • no coffee at all

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
It measures at 150 degrees which I believe is just about right

Thanks. Think I might go for a decent but not too expensive bean to cup espresso maker (which most likely will come with a milk frother of some kind anyway) and then just get the Lavazza or similar if the built in one is no good.

Just need to work out exactly which model to get from the growing list I'm making :)

I never heat above 65c which is 150f so sounds right.
When I heat milk on mySage Duo-Temp, I heat to 60c and find it keeps heating little after I turn the steam off - so probably maxes out about that too. Plenty hot enough if you're adding it to a warmed cup.

I paid Algerian Coffee stores in Soho Yesterday & walked out with a espresso shot glass (£2.50 which I thought was cheap) & these: (see the pic)

Australian Skybury Coffee, I never thought I'd get hold of Australian coffee as Their coffee scene is more established than it is over here, so I thought that it would be kept for domestic consumption so I assumed. Not the case but Algerian Coffee stores has been around for 133 years so its reputation in the coffee world must be respected.

Attachments

• IMG_20200202_075750.jpg
    IMG_20200202_075750.jpg
    316.1 KB · Views: 32

another vote here for rCUP, the lid is fantastic design
Looking on Amazon, there's a few people commenting on the "taste" of the cup itself affecting the contents (tea/coffee). Have either of you experienced this?

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Greased the sleeve and piston (ooh err) of my Londinium-R last night, some graphic nude photos...

Xb0xL2r.jpg

cDFemdI.jpg

I was surprised how tiny the inlet ports were inside the sleeve, didn't even see them at first and you can't even see them in the photo - four of them perhaps 2mm in diameter, and was hugely confused as to how the water actually got in there.

Oh that is rude wow thats awesome, I didn't realise need to grease lever on group head on mine for ages, deff needs doing after running cleaner through it! I got same grease good stuff!

Last edited:
£3,439.00 :eek:

And it still serves Nespresso!
I drink Nespresso most days at work but there is no way any machine should be that much that uses pods.

Those are all over most EMEA office locations at work. They make a worse coffee than the little Nespresso machines you get in hotel rooms in my experience (which are presumably the same as home ones that use the "cups" rather than "tablets"... if that makes any sense at all), but still mainly passable for an office-based caffeine fix.

It's more drinkable than at the UK HQ where they went big on a £15k on a bean-to-cup machine that makes coffee I'd be offended to sniff, let alone drink.

Last edited:
That's just reminded me I'm on the last legs of my current supply and need to reorder.

I need to get more organised, as Foundry is moving to one roast day per week - I usually manage to misjudge how many days-worth I have left, and order too late and run dry for a day. This is in spite of the fact that I've been reliably ordering 1.25kg every 2-3 weeks from Foundry since the last forever.

I'm looking for a cheap but decent espresso maker, and came across the gaggia brera... anyone used it? better alternatives around the same price point?

I was going to post this anyway but possibly another one to look at?
A work colleague just bought one, can;t seem to buy them over here and says it's really good (and a decent price). Only does 3 types of coffee but the great thing is the milk frother is an attachment that is really easy to clean.
I'm giving him a few weeks with it and then might grab one myself

I'm looking for a cheap but decent espresso maker, and came across the gaggia brera... anyone used it? better alternatives around the same price point?

I picked up a Brera last year to replace an old Delinghi manual espresso machine (that eventually died after 11 years) - it’s my first bean 2 cup machine so I’ve nothing to compare it against but I’m very happy with it. It makes a nice espresso with a decent crema, and its much less hassle than my manual machine was. Only downside I would say is the small water tank (will make 3 long coffees), however I wanted a machine with a smaller form factor so have to take that on the chin.

I found it gets good reviews and so was happy to go for it against other alternatives at the sale price point, I also managed to pick it up direct from Gaggia for £349 at the time

I picked up a Brera last year to replace an old Delinghi manual espresso machine (that eventually died after 11 years) - it’s my first bean 2 cup machine so I’ve nothing to compare it against but I’m very happy with it. It makes a nice espresso with a decent crema, and its much less hassle than my manual machine was. Only downside I would say is the small water tank (will make 3 long coffees), however I wanted a machine with a smaller form factor so have to take that on the chin.

I found it gets good reviews and so was happy to go for it against other alternatives at the sale price point, I also managed to pick it up direct from Gaggia for £349 at the time

yes, I've seen it advertised for 349 now (but will also check gaggia site) but the site it's on has less that great reviews on trustpilot… have emailed them anyway...

If you're looking around that kind of money, check out the Sage Duo Temp Pro (and have some change for a decent grinder).
I've had mine for a few years and it makes great espresso and looks good in the kitchen.

I have a Melitta Caffeo Solo Perfect Milk which I bought for about £300 a few years back.
I have nothing to compare it to either as we moved on from a grinder and filter machine when it became impossible to buy filter machines that stayed on.
My folks bought the same one recently and also rate it.

Makes a variety of decent lengths of coffee and has all the milk bits too.
My only real gripe is the bean hopper doesn't take a full bag of beans as my old grinder did.

They're available refurbished here - and cheaper if you don't want the milk stuff - wish I'd known!

Here's the links to my experience when I first bought it.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom