Quantcast

The coffee fanatics thread...

reiteration

Inaccurate: you can indeed modify the strength and length of its dispensed Coffee - but from just 7 grams.
well, will just have to do double shots :D

what did you replace it with?

I was also going to buy this one -

but when saw the eletta for 300 it seemed like a no brainer... as i only wanted to originally spend upto 350 but was like going down a rabbit hole...

spinaltap

Distinguished Member
what did you replace it with?
I replaced it with a Jura A9 (far superior).

I now own a Miele B2C - with variable brewing quantities between 6 grams to 14 grams per portion, variable grinding, variable brewing temperature, simultaneous 2 cup serving, plus pre-brewing ability, 5 year manufacturer’s warranty.

Cheapest Miele at Costco, £567. At Peter Tyson, £649

reiteration

but on this video it mentions increasing the amount of grounds of beans per cup...

I replaced it with a Jura A9 (far superior).

I now own a Miele B2C - with variable brewing quantities between 6 grams to 14 grams per portion, variable grinding, variable brewing temperature, simultaneous 2 cup serving, plus pre-brewing ability, 5 year manufacturer’s warranty.

Cheapest Miele at Costco, £567. At Peter Tyson, £649
ah yeah, i looked a jura but dismissed them for some reason, forget now, maybe the price or the reviews...Meile sadly never popped onto the radar when i was looking, but it was like a rabbit hole, as I was initially just after a semi automatic one for 3-350 quid, then it soon jumped upto 500 quid...

and i almost bought the gaggia anima as that had different quantities from 7-11grams(?), and delonghi were also on my radar...the reviews are great on it, and only seems to be a very small percentage of people who don't like it, so... :)

koeman

Has anyone been to one of the Nespresso stores? How do they work? Can you buy individual pods or do you have to buy a sleeve full?

KyleS1

Distinguished Member
I think it is full sleeves.

mcbainne

Sleeves of 10 capsules only, incidently Nespresso closed all of their outlets today but you can still order online or via the app

IronGiant

but on this video it mentions increasing the amount of grounds of beans per cup...

ah yeah, i looked a jura but dismissed them for some reason, forget now, maybe the price or the reviews...Meile sadly never popped onto the radar when i was looking, but it was like a rabbit hole, as I was initially just after a semi automatic one for 3-350 quid, then it soon jumped upto 500 quid...

and i almost bought the gaggia anima as that had different quantities from 7-11grams(?), and delonghi were also on my radar...the reviews are great on it, and only seems to be a very small percentage of people who don't like it, so... :)
The Delonghi (at least the Autentica does) has 5 strength settings extra mild, mild, standard, strong and extra strong. Not sure what size dose each of those is but extra strong is what I'm using.

reiteration

The Delonghi (at least the Autentica does) has 5 strength settings extra mild, mild, standard, strong and extra strong. Not sure what size dose each of those is but extra strong is what I'm using.
thank,s yes, I'm still a bit confused by Delonghis terminology as it implies there here's more grounds, but I can't see anywhere where it states that you actually get more grounds of coffee?

if worst comes to the worst, then I'll add 2 shots of espresso per drink :)

IronGiant

Tell you what, I'll do an extra mild and and extra strong and see what the difference is :)

spinaltap

Distinguished Member
It’s the strength of Coffee derived from using 7 grams. That is, the amount of water utilised/forced through the Coffee.

At the time, DeLonghi confirmed that the Eletta was only capable of dispensing 7 grams - the same amount as a standard Nespresso capsule.

IronGiant

Ok, bear in mind I'm weighing a damp "puck" but extra mild is 9g and extra strong is 17g. This is for the Autentica ETAM29.66X

IronGiant

No way was I going to drink an extra mild "straight", I dispensed them into the same cup :laugh:

WeeScottishLass

I haven't been through the whole thread but just wondering if anyone has a smeg coffee machine and what their experience is, please?

I like the idea that it accepts ground beans and pods and reviews seem to be largely positive.

But haven't seen anyone mention it on here on the pages I've read.

Thanks 😊

reiteration

well, got my eletta coffee machine, and just had a double espresso with this -

and certainly got no complaints... had it on the strongest setting... :)

Last edited:

reiteration

I have this and find it makes excellent coffee , it alters the amount of coffee it grinds as the wife likes mild and I like strong and there is a difference in the thickness of the waste pucks that are produced
thanks, and it;s more compact that I thought too - fits under a cupboard in the kitchen... just had that double espresso and no complaints so far :)