• with sugar or other sweeters

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • without milk and sugar - black and not sweetened

Votes: 34 27.9%
  • no coffee at all

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Thanks i will have a look at that one

That’s the one I’m considering as well. Great looking machine and they do one with a milk frother if needed.

That’s the one I’m considering as well. Great looking machine and they do one with a milk frother if needed.

Yeah i have been looking and saw the one you mentioned. not sure i need it as don't drink Lattee etc and it is about another 100 quid.

I did look on the Melitta website and they do some refurbished ones but literally nothing in stock either with or without the milk frother in any colour

Prices seem to go up and down a bit. I got the one with the milk stuff even though we seldom use it It was actually cheaper than the one without.
Ours came from Hughes Direct with a voucher code offer. The price I paid was in a much earlier post in this thread as I put up some details at the time - a couple of years back iirc. Too awkward to look on the phone.

Hughes direct are often included in the eBay offers so worth looking to see if they sell it in their eBay store.

When I brew Coffee in my B2C machine I save all the grounds in a large plastic container prior to spreading them on my garden borders on a weekly basis.

By comparison, when making a Nespresso Coffee, I save a large quantity of spent capsules in another sealed plastic container until it’s full. I then transfer the now putrid/pungent mass into a Nespresso recycling bag prior to disposal at my local Nespresso Boutique.

Now, though, Dualit have introduced a useful widget (£12.49) for separating a sealed Nespresso capsule. This will enable me to easily extract the Coffee grounds for disposal in my garden. The remaining (clean) capsules can then accumulate prior to disposal at my local Nespresso Boutique.

The widget should be available for free to anybody who buys their machine or who can prove they have bought one

Which might be a complete faff for some people. This gadget allows people who want to recycle the coffee grounds an option to do that locally. And then either post the empty capsules back or recycle them locally too.

Yes but it shouldn’t be free cos you want the coffee grounds. Nespresso let you post back for free or will arrange a courier to pick up for free. They give you the bags and postage labels for free. They couldn’t make it any easier.

The device is from Dualit not Nespresso - having watched the video on their page it looks like a really neat solution. Given the number of capsules they mention in the video anything that makes it easier is surely a good thing?
I can imagine quite a lot of people don't collect them and courier them away - my main client uses them and just chucks them in the bin.
Couriering waster doesn't sound as efficient as local composting and using local recycling collection

I gave up reusing coffee grounds when I couldn't actually find anything concrete about the benefits. I drop all my pods at the local coop for the collect+ collection, so carbon footprint will be minimal as the collect+ picks up twice a day anyway.

The crema system on my Delonghi stopped working so I've just had one of these delivered, it's pretty good, makes a very good foam, better than the crema

1578825522908.png

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
The crema system on my Delonghi stopped working so I've just had one of these delivered, it's pretty good, makes a very good foam, better than the crema

View attachment 1243777
I'm sure crema is the foam on top of a shot of coffee when its pulled, rather than the milky foam when steaming the milk.

Like in this video of mine...

I'm sure crema is the foam on top of a shot of coffee when its pulled, rather than the milky foam when steaming the milk.

Like in this video of mine...

You're right, I was meaning the in built frother which I thought was called the latte crema system but looks like it's a name for the whole thing, froth, espresso shot etc

Don't forget, if you have the milk too hot it can burn and spoil the taste a little.

Don't forget, if you have the milk too hot it can burn and spoil the taste a little.

True but I’ve read a lot of reviews of milk frothing attachments to coffee machines that say the milk is cold to tepid at the most. Warm milk would be good ;)

I use a thermometer when I add milk for guests. Much simpler to just drink espresso. :)

I use a thermometer when I add milk for guests. Much simpler to just drink espresso. :)

True if you like espresso. Similar to people who drink black tea like my Dad, can’t stand it.
Milk or no milk it’s all coffee :) :smashin:

I’m probably considered strange in that I drink black tea but white coffee. I hate milk in tea and don’t really like black coffee

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom