Votes: 60 49.2%
  • with sugar or other sweeters

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • without milk and sugar - black and not sweetened

Votes: 34 27.9%
  • no coffee at all

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Inaccurate: you can indeed modify the strength and length of its dispensed Coffee - but from just 7 grams.

well, will just have to do double shots :D

what did you replace it with?

I was also going to buy this one -

but when saw the eletta for 300 it seemed like a no brainer... as i only wanted to originally spend upto 350 but was like going down a rabbit hole...

what did you replace it with?
I replaced it with a Jura A9 (far superior).

I now own a Miele B2C - with variable brewing quantities between 6 grams to 14 grams per portion, variable grinding, variable brewing temperature, simultaneous 2 cup serving, plus pre-brewing ability, 5 year manufacturer’s warranty.

Cheapest Miele at Costco, £567. At Peter Tyson, £649

but on this video it mentions increasing the amount of grounds of beans per cup...

I replaced it with a Jura A9 (far superior).

I now own a Miele B2C - with variable brewing quantities between 6 grams to 14 grams per portion, variable grinding, variable brewing temperature, simultaneous 2 cup serving, plus pre-brewing ability, 5 year manufacturer’s warranty.

Cheapest Miele at Costco, £567. At Peter Tyson, £649

ah yeah, i looked a jura but dismissed them for some reason, forget now, maybe the price or the reviews...Meile sadly never popped onto the radar when i was looking, but it was like a rabbit hole, as I was initially just after a semi automatic one for 3-350 quid, then it soon jumped upto 500 quid...

and i almost bought the gaggia anima as that had different quantities from 7-11grams(?), and delonghi were also on my radar...the reviews are great on it, and only seems to be a very small percentage of people who don't like it, so... :)

Has anyone been to one of the Nespresso stores? How do they work? Can you buy individual pods or do you have to buy a sleeve full?

Sleeves of 10 capsules only, incidently Nespresso closed all of their outlets today but you can still order online or via the app

but on this video it mentions increasing the amount of grounds of beans per cup...

ah yeah, i looked a jura but dismissed them for some reason, forget now, maybe the price or the reviews...Meile sadly never popped onto the radar when i was looking, but it was like a rabbit hole, as I was initially just after a semi automatic one for 3-350 quid, then it soon jumped upto 500 quid...

and i almost bought the gaggia anima as that had different quantities from 7-11grams(?), and delonghi were also on my radar...the reviews are great on it, and only seems to be a very small percentage of people who don't like it, so... :)

The Delonghi (at least the Autentica does) has 5 strength settings extra mild, mild, standard, strong and extra strong. Not sure what size dose each of those is but extra strong is what I'm using.

The Delonghi (at least the Autentica does) has 5 strength settings extra mild, mild, standard, strong and extra strong. Not sure what size dose each of those is but extra strong is what I'm using.

thank,s yes, I'm still a bit confused by Delonghis terminology as it implies there here's more grounds, but I can't see anywhere where it states that you actually get more grounds of coffee?

if worst comes to the worst, then I'll add 2 shots of espresso per drink :)

Tell you what, I'll do an extra mild and and extra strong and see what the difference is :)

It’s the strength of Coffee derived from using 7 grams. That is, the amount of water utilised/forced through the Coffee.

At the time, DeLonghi confirmed that the Eletta was only capable of dispensing 7 grams - the same amount as a standard Nespresso capsule.

I know 7 grams is the 'standard' size for an espresso (nespresso or not), think people have just got used to having stronger coffees now.. :)

Ok, bear in mind I'm weighing a damp "puck" but extra mild is 9g and extra strong is 17g. This is for the Autentica ETAM29.66X

interesting..! and taste wise?

No way was I going to drink an extra mild "straight", I dispensed them into the same cup :laugh:

I haven't been through the whole thread but just wondering if anyone has a smeg coffee machine and what their experience is, please?

I like the idea that it accepts ground beans and pods and reviews seem to be largely positive.

But haven't seen anyone mention it on here on the pages I've read.

Thanks 😊

well, got my eletta coffee machine, and just had a double espresso with this -

and certainly got no complaints... had it on the strongest setting... :)

Last edited:
just won this on ebay for 300 quid...great condition too.. :)

I have this and find it makes excellent coffee , it alters the amount of coffee it grinds as the wife likes mild and I like strong and there is a difference in the thickness of the waste pucks that are produced

I have this and find it makes excellent coffee , it alters the amount of coffee it grinds as the wife likes mild and I like strong and there is a difference in the thickness of the waste pucks that are produced

thanks, and it;s more compact that I thought too - fits under a cupboard in the kitchen... just had that double espresso and no complaints so far :)

some videos on Dalgona Coffee have just popped on my youtube page...anyone tried it before?

looks interesting, if a bit sweet...

my lady having a double espresso to try and stay awake haha

1585344945791.png

1585344957957.png

I'm having one with rum...lovely :)

Has anyone used

I have following bean to cup machine

they look interesting...since getting my machine i got a couple of bags from whittards (before the lockdown) which were nice, then some cheap bags of own brand from tesco - not as nice, and I've just ordered this, but that and another order won't get delivered for a few more weeks... :(

which beans you thinking of going for? my understanding is that you're only supposed to use medium beans for the delonghi's as the darker (oily) beans can clog of the grinder over time...

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
they look interesting...since getting my machine i got a couple of bags from whittards (before the lockdown) which were nice, then some cheap bags of own brand from tesco - not as nice, and I've just ordered this, but that and another order won't get delivered for a few more weeks... :(

which beans you thinking of going for? my understanding is that you're only supposed to use medium beans for the delonghi's as the darker (oily) beans can clog of the grinder over time...
If that last bit is true, oops. I always get the darkest strongest beans I can get hold of. Until now from mainly Waitrose.

from the link I got the attached. I only drink espressos.

Attachments

• 6ACC101D-1C67-476D-9ECB-D82839ED4241.jpeg
    6ACC101D-1C67-476D-9ECB-D82839ED4241.jpeg
    522.1 KB · Views: 27
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
yes, i found that info when i was researching been to cup machines a while back, but can't seem to find it now..., but it's the type I will continue to use anyway :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom