The Cycling Thread

Just had this pop up on my YouTube feed and hung now watched it i found it hits entertaining

Warning. Not for young ears

Just had this pop up on my YouTube feed and hung now watched it i found it hits entertaining

Warning. Not for young ears

I follow him and really enjoy just switching off from the outside sometimes and watching a few of his video's.

I follow him and really enjoy just switching off from the outside sometimes and watching a few of his video's.
im three videos on now

Managed to find the chainrings limit - 30,1 mph and that was spinning so fast my knees burst into flames :D

Ride.jpg

Last edited:
Confirmed no c2w scheme with my umbrella company at the moment.
Wouldn’t have been buying till BF anyway so will just keep perusing for now

Didn’t realise you were contracting, thought you’d gone permie.

XC/AM tyres? Looking to update the 5'ish year old Schwalbe Hans Dampf front/ Continental Rubber Queen rear combo on my Rose Granite Chief, any recommendations without breaking the bank please?

I'm doing a lot more XC than AM at the minute, but I'd like something that can cope with some bigger stuff too when I eventually get round to riding it again.

i had another nice little ride out last night, and one entrance is less than 100 yards from a house I used to live at about 14 years ago and had no idea that track existed - i thought it led to a farm / industrial units..! *doh* ..i ended up finishing there, but discovered it was there as i googled for routes to try out..

1594233584754.png

1594233700340.png

1594233713727.png

1594233733637.png

1594233751070.png

1594233765922.png

and when i finished the loop i went on a track that just turned into a boggy field, and wasn't 100% which way to go (as i backtracked a bit), so I took a left (should have went right..) and was a slightly longer way around, and when i got to the end i got chatting to an old fella who said he'd been watching me through his camera haha and said i should have turned right and I would have saw a sign a few hundred yards down...sigh... I'll try the route in reverse next time.. :)

XC/AM tyres? Looking to update the 5'ish year old Schwalbe Hans Dampf front/ Continental Rubber Queen rear combo on my Rose Granite Chief, any recommendations without breaking the bank please?

I'm doing a lot more XC than AM at the minute, but I'd like something that can cope with some bigger stuff too when I eventually get round to riding it again.

Whilst I hate to quote myself...

I've found the Specialized Slaughter rear and Purgatory front pair for less than £40 delivered from their own website, anyone got any opinions on them please? They seem to be quite well reviewed, but it's always worth an ask.

I've found the Specialized Slaughter rear and Purgatory front pair for less than £40 delivered from their own website, anyone got any opinions on them please? They seem to be quite well reviewed, but it's always worth an ask.
Got a link?

I've been using the (similar) Ground Control S-Works on my 29er for a while now and really rate them.
They grip well on the road as well as off road and last well.

That price is too good to miss tbh.

Last edited:
And ordered, I'm sure they'll be slightly more grippy than the Schwalbe G-One Bites that are currently on there...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200710-191550_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200710-191550_Chrome.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 25
nice 18 mile ride today to Waskerley Way... last time I cycled that was in the early 90s...and found the same Lowe bumbag I bought around that time (was in the loft), so 2nd time it's been there..? :) furthest ride I've done for many a year, and the first half was going against some very strong wind...

1594496204396.png

1594496222517.png

1594496237198.png

1594496248431.png

1594496259953.png

1594496270531.png

1594496281459.png

nice 18 mile ride today to Waskerley Way... last time I cycled that was in the early 90s...and found the same Lowe bumbag I bought around that time (was in the loft), so 2nd time it's been there..? :) furthest ride I've done for many a year, and the first half was going against some very strong wind...

View attachment 1332893
View attachment 1332894
View attachment 1332895
View attachment 1332896
View attachment 1332897
View attachment 1332898
View attachment 1332899

Nice looking trails and a decent distance.

How are you finding the Garmin.

Nice looking trails and a decent distance.

How are you finding the Garmin.

yeah, was great, went further than i planned, and as a result didn't take any snacks as was fairly tired at the halfway stage (was a there and back ride), but certainly helped having the wind on my back coming back...

the garmin...it's a godsend, love it :)

Looks like you're in a lovely part of the country for riding @reiteration, very nice.

yeah, was great, went further than i planned, and as a result didn't take any snacks as was fairly tired at the halfway stage (was a there and back ride), but certainly helped having the wind on my back coming back...

the garmin...it's a godsend, love it :)

I was terrible for that, but try to at least now carry some chocolate, apple and a bottle of liquid in a watertight bag.
Could be worth checking out natures snacks and goodies for your area when out riding, that could see you avoiding them wobbly stages on a ride :)

Glad you are enjoying the Garmin as much as I did :)

Another 50 k road ride today so I’m nearly a third into my 600k for July Strava challenge.

tomorrow is the usual weekly ride over on the trails at Danbury, normally around 30k

F8E13677-EB4A-4508-A796-918106176C7A.jpeg

I was terrible for that, but try to at least now carry some chocolate, apple and a bottle of liquid in a watertight bag.
Could be worth checking out natures snacks and goodies for your area when out riding, that could see you avoiding them wobbly stages on a ride :)

Glad you are enjoying the Garmin as much as I did :)

yep, I've started eating these as a sweet snack and they contain 30gr protein too... they're normally on sale (and quidco..) and I pay around 1.20 each and are tasty too..

this looks cool..!

Anyone currently using these on their road bikes?

A242D210-F98A-4125-A662-61156B7A62F8.png

I know they are well suited to mountain bikes too but I’ve got some one sided ones on my road bike at the moment (I thought there might be the odd occasion where I might ride in normal trainers but that has never happened) so thought these would be a decent purchase at £20

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom