The Devil All The Time (Netflix) 2020

raigraphixs

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
A dash of True Detective season 1, and a little bit of Lovecraft, then mix in some of Earth’s Mightiest Heroes and a certain Pennywise the Clown actor, The Devil All The Time, “A midwestern gothic involving a serial killer couple, a faith-testing preacher, and a corrupt local sheriff in a story told across two decades,” reads the synopsis, drawing us in with potential images of Lovecraftian horror and those sorts of eerie landscapes you only ever seem to come across in rural Americana.

The movie stars Chris Evans, Tom Holland, Robert Pattinson, Bill Skarsgard, Mia Wasikowska, and Eliza Scanlen.

Based on a 2004 book of the same name, by Donald Ray Pollock, which sees the story span across two decades.

entertainment-2011-07-devil-all-the-time-devil-all-the-time_300x430.jpg

Great cast and they had me when they described it as True Detective season 1ish.

The opposite reactions to True Detective Season 3 tv thread, saying S3 is too similar to S1 in its approach, cant win!
I’ve not started TD S3 yet, but weren’t people complaining S2 wasn’t like S1 and it ressoundly dumped upon.

One to keep an eye on this for sure. The way Netflix are hitting it out the park these days too. No expense spared!

foreshadowing....

Sebastian Stan
is set to replace Chris Evans in The Devil All The Time

In the 1960s after World War II in Southern Ohio, bizarre, compelling and mentally disturbed people suffer from the war’s psychological damages.

Mark your calendars for Tom Holland Bill Skarsgard Riley Keough Jason Clarke Sebastian Stan Robert Pattinson Haley Bennett Mia Wasikowska Eliza Scanlen Harry Melling Pokey LaFarge in THE DEVIL ALL THE TIME, from director Antonio Campos, coming to Netflix globally 16 September.

Yeah that definitely has my attention. Love these kind of small town America thrillers.

Heavyweight cast too.

Stopped watching around half way, I was already in and it was giving to much away.

i like it because it actually leaves a shed ton of questions by the end and, for me, its not massively clear where its gonna go... fingers crossed the movie delivers on the trailer.

Sitting at 65%

Just finished watching this , fantastic viewing and right up there for one of the best films I've watched this year.

Gritty bleak film

When Spider-Man .-----kills.----- The Batman and The Winter Soldier but not Pennywise

what's not to love 8.8/10

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom