The Devil All the Time (Netflix) Movie Review & Comments

You have to read my good lady-wife's reviews for that.
She did cover this a while ago:

View attachment 1371129

Only sunshine and lollipops for the first half though.

As Lucas says a bloodbath in the second half. Can't believe they resorted to cannibalism after killing the cat, and then it came back from the dead and killed them all at the end.

I watched this in three sittings (not out of choice).

An episode of True in between each would have been nice intermezzo palate cleansers.

It is dark as all hell, and impressive for Netflix. Oddly reminded me of the underrated Paperboy.

Dark americana. Nice. 8/10 is spot on, although maybe I'd have gone for 8.13/10 if we're going to be pernickety. Seriously Tom, only an 8? AN EIGHT?

I watched this in three sittings (not out of choice).

An episode of True in between each would have been nice intermezzo palate cleansers.

It is dark as all hell, and impressive for Netflix. Oddly reminded me of the underrated Paperboy.

Dark americana. Nice. 8/10 is spot on, although maybe I'd have gone for 8.13/10 if we're going to be pernickety. Seriously Tom, only an 8? AN EIGHT?

When I watched the trailer of this i could not help thinking or getting past , oh thats very " Lawless " looking film and a couple of actors i admire being in both films .

What I got from this is one hell of a bloody serious upgrade and the only film this year to stay with me long after seeing it . I would compare it to the not so rosy 50s LA Confidential in the city . This however shows the exploitation of religion and perversion of rural 50s America that runs much deeper on a local community .

Really enjoyed it

This is a marmite type of film. If you like the way it's filmed etc, it is definately one for you. If you're like me however, you will fast forward a lot to see what happens. End.

I enjoyed it, first decent movie in a while on Netflix, dark and depressing movie though.

8/10

Watched it last night and enjoyed it as it’s quite a dark film although PQ annoyed me in places as it was grainy (only have HD rather than 4K Netflix) unless it was by design.

When it finished I thought it’s the only the 2nd Netflix original where I didn’t think it was a Netflix original (usually rubbish!)

Watched it last night and enjoyed it as it’s quite a dark film although PQ annoyed me in places as it was grainy (only have HD rather than 4K Netflix) unless it was by design.

When it finished I thought it’s the only the 2nd Netflix original where I didn’t think it was a Netflix original (usually rubbish!)
It was shot on 35mm and not processed to heck so the grain is an intentional thing on this occasion.

Dark, dark, dark. Watching this was like the visual equivalent of Nick Cave’s Murder Ballads. That’s not to say I didn’t enjoy it, I did, in a macabre sort of way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Watched this last night, really enjoyed it.
Solid 8 from me.

Just watched this last night. What a film, certainly one of the best movies I’ve watched in sometime, highly recommended.. up there with 3 Billboards..

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom