The Division 2 (X1)

I don’t believe it...are we finally going to see Faye Lau in action???

So Episode 3 launches tomorrow for season pass owners (19th for everyone else) and then the reworked gear system drops along with the Warlords of New York update. Makes a bit more sense now!

So Episode 3 launches tomorrow for season pass owners (19th for everyone else) and then the reworked gear system drops along with the Warlords of New York update. Makes a bit more sense now!
Esp when its a paid DLC......

This is on sale at the minute - £8 in the UK store but much cheaper elsewhere. $3 in the US store.

I had a very small amount of Brazilian credit left from years back and was able to pick it up for the equivalent of less than £2.

I quite enjoyed the SP aspects of the original and even played a few games of co-op with AVF-ers (but steered well clear of the Dark Zones). Is this more the same and worth me giving it a go.....? I have precious little interest in tweaking builds to the n-th degree and grinding for marginally better loot, but if there's a decent story like the first one I may give it a go.

This is on sale at the minute - £8 in the UK store but much cheaper elsewhere. $3 in the US store.

I had a very small amount of Brazilian credit left from years back and was able to pick it up for the equivalent of less than £2.

I quite enjoyed the SP aspects of the original and even played a few games of co-op with AVF-ers (but steered well clear of the Dark Zones). Is this more the same and worth me giving it a go.....? I have precious little interest in tweaking builds to the n-th degree and grinding for marginally better loot, but if there's a decent story like the first one I may give it a go.

I'd say exactly the same as the first one. Enjoyable up to the level 30 point, and then it's all downhill from there. As the devs clearly learned nothing unfortunately.

However it might be worth getting at that price now too, given that in the next week or so it may be worth checking out beyond the campaign again. Given what the lads are talking about above and on the previous page. Will probably load it up myself again after the 19th to have a look.

It’s funny that Ubisoft couldn’t manage to convince people to buy the base game yet now they think they can convince folk to pay for a £26 expansion, good luck with that.

I just grabbed it in the sale with some Xbox credit from MS Rewards. Looking forward to getting stuck in.

I actually quite liked the Dark Zones in the first game. Do they still function pretty much the same this time around?

Well I delved back into this last night for a few hours.

To be honest I was overwhelmed. It's not right to really criticise a game for being too detailed, but it's absolutely nuts what's on offer here and the amount you can do. You just get lost amongst all the screens and possibilities.

Ended up playing what looked like a new mission on the left of the map, and then did a few side missions and then opened up the new "Pentagon" area. And then left it there.

It looks beautiful, and it's still fun to play. I love my TP cover shooters, and Ubi know how to do it when they do it right.

As for the gear. Same old story I'm afraid. I'm level 498 now, and so much of what I picked up was useless. There is now some new "targeted gear" options, but I didn't have time to delve too much into that. But it looks like certain areas drop certain weapons now amongst the bosses. Not a bad idea. Although I may have this wrong.

But in the inventory you can still waste hours trying to pimp your gear out and equipping the correct sets. And it's so awkward to navigate and work it out amongst your, damage, armor and skill. And that's before you get to the calibration bench.

They're never going to be able to make it as accessible as it should be. Really they just need to max it so everyone can get there, finish the faffing, and then concentrate on new content and challenging areas for people. This way it gives the game longevity still, and there's no frustration with not getting what you want. Only thing you need concern yourself with is what weapons and weapons mods you want to play with.

Well I delved back into this last night for a few hours.

To be honest I was overwhelmed. It's not right to really criticise a game for being too detailed, but it's absolutely nuts what's on offer here and the amount you can do. You just get lost amongst all the screens and possibilities.

Ended up playing what looked like a new mission on the left of the map, and then did a few side missions and then opened up the new "Pentagon" area. And then left it there.

It looks beautiful, and it's still fun to play. I love my TP cover shooters, and Ubi know how to do it when they do it right.

As for the gear. Same old story I'm afraid. I'm level 498 now, and so much of what I picked up was useless. There is now some new "targeted gear" options, but I didn't have time to delve too much into that. But it looks like certain areas drop certain weapons now amongst the bosses. Not a bad idea. Although I may have this wrong.

But in the inventory you can still waste hours trying to pimp your gear out and equipping the correct sets. And it's so awkward to navigate and work it out amongst your, damage, armor and skill. And that's before you get to the calibration bench.

They're never going to be able to make it as accessible as it should be. Really they just need to max it so everyone can get there, finish the faffing, and then concentrate on new content and challenging areas for people. This way it gives the game longevity still, and there's no frustration with not getting what you want. Only thing you need concern yourself with is what weapons and weapons mods you want to play with.
There's big changes coming with the new loot system. I'm waiting for that to land and hear how it is before i re-download it.

There's big changes coming with the new loot system. I'm waiting for that to land and hear how it is before i re-download it.

Isn't that tomorrow though? As what I thought I saw was stuff on the map that was there ready but not unlocked yet.

Isn't that tomorrow though? As what I thought I saw was stuff on the map that was there ready but not unlocked yet.
Theres a new paid expansion coming. I don't know the dates of Gear 2.0 or the expansion though as i've not paid too much attention other than seeing a video on youtube.

EDIT: DLC drops 3rd March.

Patch notes for TU8 and WoNY...

I've spoilered it so it doesn't take up half the page!

Keep meaning to get around to this expansion and delving into the new gear system, but between Control, Two Point Hospital and CoD I just don't have the time. Add Ori to the mix from next week as well

Any views/opinions on the expansion and new gear system from those that have spent some time with it?

@rowedav Opinions seem very mixed on Reddit. Some think it has killed build diversity, whereas others think it has improved it (since it now encourages more specific roles rather than just tanky DPS builds). I think people are just trying to get used to what's changed at the moment so it will be interesting to see what kind of builds become popular and what ends up as the new meta.

I'm still working my way through the story mode at the moment though (level 21) so not really paying much attention to gear, just chucking on whatever has the best armor and damage stats. Must admit I did like to face tank in the first game... I used a hybrid Striker-Nomad-NinjaBike "vampire" build that healed on kills but I'm probably going to have to aim for something different this time around.

I keep thinking the expansion has been out a while, but it only released yesterday I think? I might be getting mixed up with Ep3 that came out a week or two ago. Interesting to hear the early views though

Worth jumping on this game now as a complete beginner? still plently of players?

Definitely. The good thing about starting now as a beginner is the new Gear system is all you'll ever know, rather than having to readjust from how it was previously. As for playerbase, there was a big sale on recently which brought in a lot of new players (myself included, although I was longtime D1 player) and the new update has brought a lot of players back.

Definitely. The good thing about starting now as a beginner is the new Gear system is all you'll ever know, rather than having to readjust from how it was previously. As for playerbase, there was a big sale on recently which brought in a lot of new players (myself included, although I was longtime D1 player) and the new update has brought a lot of players back.
Just picked up the base game for £6 odd so nothing really thought i would give it a try. thanks

Just picked up the base game for £6 odd so nothing really thought i would give it a try. thanks

Yeah it's a steal at the price! Definitely more than enough content to keep you busy for a good while! Enjoy ;)

Best £6 ive spent in awhile this played it last night and couldnt get off it. Not to sure what im doing on it yet... I like the drone on the skill perk what would you guys recommend weapon wise and skill perk wise?

Thanks

Loads to do and an absolute bargain if it's that cheap now for anyone looking for an involved shooter.

Sadly however the gear system is still a mess. It's gone, and they'll never be able to make it acceptable. May as well just leave it now and let people at least do what they're going to do without worry that they will change something again.

And rewards are still rubbish, nothing has changed there. You get a lot more, but when I'm level 505, I don't even want to see a Purple drop of 460. Which 99% of the time on inspection it has nothing of use. Just a waste of time picking it up and looking, and then disposing of.

Sometimes you can spend more time messing about with your loadout than you do actually playing the game. In my opinion, that shows the balance isn't right. It never has been since the first game.

HI, does the division 2 support VRR on xbox one X? thank you

finished the warlords of new york and i enjoyed it more than i thought i would :thumbsup: also sure the season 1 pass is free to get? well it was when i looked last week

Thought i'd see if Keener was still as dumb as ever, this time on Xbox.

So i thought i'd start a new game on Xbox to see if they had fixed the Keener glitch but on a different platform, he was easier to kill this time with an average build, the only thing i did differently was to get the 3 components plus the bluprint for the Chatterbox and wait till level 40 to craft it. Once i halted the missle launch something weird happened, normally you would get electricuted, but i never i ended up chasing him around the map which is why there's loads of drops all over the place, eventually i died, so onto round 2 which is what you see in the video, its still broken. I had done it on PS with some directives on.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom