The Fast and the Furious 4K Blu-ray Review & Comments

Casimir Harlow

Movies Editor
Reaction score
Thanks for the Review Cas. Just never got into the F&F Franchise; now, damn, you, I might have to!

Thanks Cas. I watched this 4k disc a few months back, cheesy as hell, but damn its entertaining. Those cars certainly glisten in 4k. Its a fantastic looking and sounding 4k disc.

I loved this at the time, and still rate it as a really original, fun film.

Wasn't keen on any of the sequels unfortunately.

I loved this at the time, and still rate it as a really original, fun film.

Wasn't keen on any of the sequels unfortunately.

Have you seen them all, or did you give up on 3? Because they really start paying off with fan service and genuinely exciting action once you get further in. But, somewhat ironically, you have to sit through the ones that might put you off, to get to the end of that road.

You can't fault the production values and truly incredible stunt work in these films, but christ, they're just so moronic!

I can feel my brain cells dying in real time whenever I watch one and, to me, there's little difference between this franchise and the "Transformers" one.

Admittedly, I am not the core demographic at all - if I were in my twenties and a petrolhead, then they'd probably be the best films EVER! And I do accept that they'd probably look and sound amazing on a quality HC set up, but I know I'd just get really depressed at the idiotic dialogue, paper thin characterisation and perfunctory plotting.

But what do I know? They're hugely successful and have clearly found an audience.

Loved the original. Has to be one of my favorite films of the early 2000s.

Vin still seems more interested in getting another Riddick. Perhaps he should spend some of his Fast $ to bribe a certain lady in her 80s back in before it's too late...
I recall seeing the first back around when the retool of Gone in Sixty Seconds (the original I saw at the flicks as a nipper - big cat car guard, anyone!) had been out. Fun movies with fast cars and faster women.

You can't fault the production values and truly incredible stunt work in these films, but christ, they're just so moronic!

I can feel my brain cells dying in real time whenever I watch one and, to me, there's little difference between this franchise and the "Transformers" one.

Admittedly, I am not the core demographic at all - if I were in my twenties and a petrolhead, then they'd probably be the best films EVER! And I do accept that they'd probably look and sound amazing on a quality HC set up, but I know I'd just get really depressed at the idiotic dialogue, paper thin characterisation and perfunctory plotting.

But what do I know? They're hugely successful and have clearly found an audience.

Agreed.

Staying with my daughter and son-in-law recently, we happened to catch part of the series whereby the only means of accomplishing the mission, was to air drop the cars. Neither of us could believe quite how bad the film was. And as for the dialogue: I've seen more riveting junior school plays. In our opinion- daughter, son-in-law and I, who all are petrol heads, considered it quite atrocious.

I was a massive fan of the proper Fast and Furious films - 1, 2, + 4...I was a street racer in my yoof and spent my life with modified cars so it was a big part of my late teens and early twenties. A great story and cast that evolved into a family.

It all went silly after the 4th one with airdropped cars, it lost its magic and gained a chav audience. Lost my interest, but I still watch them, and did shed a tear when Paul died.

I've just recieved the 4K boxset for my birthday!

The franchise was at it’s best with this small scale street film and I’ve got to pick this up knowing it’s full 4K, thanks for the review.

Side note: I was at Universal Studios in Summer 2001 and the Charger was there but being from the UK (where the film hadn’t launched yet) I had no idea what it was - but got a photo of myself with it anyway. Then returned home and saw the film at the cinema

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom