The Future of Gaming on PS5: 11th June 9:00pm UK time [Live Stream link in OP]

Performance modes I suspect will give players the option to play in 60 FPS with the caveat of not playing in native 4k

569816FD-415F-4C47-93AC-082E751356AF.png

BF6C976B-EF30-44DF-ADF7-3D21A8D3B7C6.png

F9EAE0AD-0DB9-42DB-B676-508420696C0B.jpeg

now i've had a few days for this to sink in. i have to say it was an amazing event. i've been watching the live reactions of youtubers. I had goosebumps watching that build up to the console reveal itself, after i watched it i just thought game over Xbox. i hope the console event and price follow really soon and they get that price up. In anticipation of this i have started a thread for deals and bundles today.

When are we expecting price announcements?

Is there another event coming up in the next few months that we can expect the price to be announced, or is it more likely going to be announced randomly one day?

Microsoft have a 1st party event in July. I think Sony by the end of July regardless of whether Microsoft have announced theirs but atm it seems they are both waiting for the other to go first

When are we expecting price announcements?

Is there another event coming up in the next few months that we can expect the price to be announced, or is it more likely going to be announced randomly one day?
I expect Sony to release prices at the end of next week.. £650 & £700.. Microsoft will come out gun blazing saying their console is only £575..

Sony will then come out saying "sucker" our console prices are actually £450 & £500 😂🤣

I expect Sony to release prices at the end of next week.. £650 & £700.. Microsoft will come out gun blazing saying their console is only £575..

Sony will then come out saying "sucker" our console prices are actually £450 & £500 😂🤣

Yeah let's hope they both keep doing that till we get down to £100 :D

Microsoft have a 1st party event in July. I think Sony by the end of July regardless of whether Microsoft have announced theirs but atm it seems they are both waiting for the other to go first

I doubt this. Both companies have a price in mind regardless of what the other does.

These are going to be within £50 of each other, it's not going to make a difference. Both will be sold out for the first few months regardless.

I think prices do need to be announced by about August, assuming a November launch, so that we can get preorders in. I think Sony will have an event to coincide with Gamescom and announce then, but I think we'll see a steady trickle of new information between now and then.

I doubt this. Both companies have a price in mind regardless of what the other does.

These are going to be within £50 of each other, it's not going to make a difference. Both will be sold out for the first few months regardless.

I think prices do need to be announced by about August, assuming a November launch, so that we can get preorders in. I think Sony will have an event to coincide with Gamescom and announce then, but I think we'll see a steady trickle of new information between now and then.

Fair few media commentators have suggested that neither want to announce price first. I think because these are both higher end consoles compared to last gen and therefore it’s a game of chicken. Don’t want to be too expensive relatively but also don’t want to take huge hits on hardware unnecessarily.

Both have talked value over price which is either a way to avoid a tricky question or to soften up the market for a potentially high perceived price.

Fair few media commentators have suggested that neither want to announce price first. I think because these are both higher end consoles compared to last gen and therefore it’s a game of chicken. Don’t want to be too expensive relatively but also don’t want to take huge hits on hardware unnecessarily.

Both have talked value over price which is either a way to avoid a tricky question or to soften up the market for a potentially high perceived price.

Which also could be the impetus behind the digital only model. If that comes in £50-100 cheaper then the adverts will state 'console from £xxx' and the consumer doesn't see the range as being so expensive. People will think 'its only an extra £xx for the uhd player' and will feel like they're getting better value for money.

Which also could be the impetus behind the digital only model. If that comes in £50-100 cheaper then the adverts will state 'console from £xxx' and the consumer doesn't see the range as being so expensive. People will think 'its only an extra £xx for the uhd player' and will feel like they're getting better value for money.

Maybe. It’s more just a sign that physical is on the way out and both will want to lock people into their digital stores.
You’re going to have Xbox cheapest with Lockhart. What happens after that is anyone’s guess.

Lockhart will be a different console though, it will look different and will be lower spec than the others. The PS5 models are the same except the disc drive.

People here forget that we're on this site because we're enthusiasts, the vast majority of people don't look into things in as much details as we do especially parents buying consoles for their kids. Sony will have done their research and the marketing advantage gained from the two consoles could be good for them.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom