The Future of Star Wars Movies

SDMDAM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So Disney has announced a third anthology film by 2020 as part of a trilogy including Rogue 1 and the Solo movie. This suggests to me that they will all be around the same time period - between Sith and A New Hope. An Obi-Wan or Boba Fett movie? Yoda? All three somehow?

Personally, I cannot see a Yoda movie around this time zone as he landed in Degobah at the end of Sith and I imagine will not leave.

Obi-Wan may be difficult for similar reasons although there may be scope for him to leave Tatooine while Luke was a baby.

Boba-Fett is possible although I do wonder if he will turn up in the Solo movie.

Also, post these movies - what next, a completely new Trilogy or more Skywalker saga? Personally, for me it would be time for something completely different but with familiar SW aspects.

Thoughts?

http://www.gamesradar.com/star-wars-movies-2021-beyond

I would of liked a trilogy of Bounty Hunter films leading up Empire Strikes back

Knights Of The Old Republic era would be good. Showing The Sith at their peak and before the 'rule of two', so we would see multiple Sith Lords. A mass Lightsaber battle would be epic. We've only seen one-on-one, two-on-one duels and multiple Jedi v droid battles.
A trilogy of Young Yoda films would also be good. Apprentice Yoda against a previous Sith uprising could be brilliant.

Knights Of The Old Republic era would be good. Showing The Sith at their peak and before the 'rule of two', so we would see multiple Sith Lords. A mass Lightsaber battle would be epic. We've only seen one-on-one, two-on-one duels and multiple Jedi v droid battles.
A trilogy of Young Yoda films would also be good. Apprentice Yoda against a previous Sith uprising could be brilliant.
As long as we don't get Yoda fighting anyone with a lightsaber. God that made me cringe and the rest of the audience at the cinema laugh out loud.

I wonder would Disney back a Boba-Fett or bounty hunters movie? These guys are villains, not even anti-heroes so i can't see a whole film revolving around them on Disney's watch.

I reckon we'll get an Obi-Wan film (or two as Ewen Mcgregor suggested). Maybe the bounty hunters could crop up in that. Personally I'd love to know what happened to Obi-Wan in the years he spent watching over Luke. He obviously knew the wretched hive of scum and villainy, and knew that the cantina can "be a little rough". I've always been curious about Vader's line "a presence I've not felt since...." Surely he doesn't mean the burny incident?

i would vote for going back to the knights of the old republic. i really enjoyed the game many years ago and the whole SW world needs a fresh start after the main stories are done.

For me the future is bright because unlike the MCU or DC universe the SW universe can expand in many ways as it's not held back by comic book lore to an extent. There is no need to reuse charectors ( as seen in R1 ) and a certain freedom to add charectors and storylines not tied down. " A Long Time ago in a Galaxy Far Far Away " adds a limitless freedom in the universe.

I believe comic book films are saturated - as a non-fan, I enjoyed the early ones from 10-15 years ago, but now there's a barrage and I believe quality is at risk. There's some good ones but a few sub-par ones (according to my obsessive friends).
I feared Disney would do the same with SW, but rogue 1 was awesome - exceeded expectations. The SW universe is vast and they could produce a few interesting releases from the past, present and perhaps future before the horse is flogged dead (I am curious about the past of the jedi and the sith - darth bane etc), but I think the inevitable result will be overkill.

I wonder would Disney back a Boba-Fett or bounty hunters movie? These guys are villains, not even anti-heroes so i can't see a whole film revolving around them on Disney's watch.
I thought when the house of mouse took over the franchise it would be more kiddified. Rogue 1 was the most "adult" so far.

I think the last two films were the first time we've seen actual blood.

ive been watching some fan theories regard the future of star wars story and a few points i like are,
Rey is related to obi-wan kenobi and if Snoke is Darth Plagueis, he created the skywalker bloodline.

I thought when the house of mouse took over the franchise it would be more kiddified. Rogue 1 was the most "adult" so far.

I think the last two films were the first time we've seen actual blood.
Oh for sure, me too - I'm amazed by some of the things that happened story wise in the first two disney entries in the series. I'm just not convinced Fett is a character to drive a whole film. I guess they were up until whatever really happened with Josh Trank.

I reckon we'll get an Obi-Wan film (or two as Ewen Mcgregor suggested). Maybe the bounty hunters could crop up in that. Personally I'd love to know what happened to Obi-Wan in the years he spent watching over Luke. He obviously knew the wretched hive of scum and villainy, and knew that the cantina can "be a little rough". I've always been curious about Vader's line "a presence I've not felt since...." Surely he doesn't mean the burny incident?

It might have happened if Suicide Squad had worked. I'm not sure after that cluster**** Disney will be in any hurry to go that direction. Would be a great backdrop for an Obi Wan film though, I agree.

Surely any Han Solo spin off film would contain lots of Bounty Hunters in it so no need for a Boba Fett spin off. Besides they gave him and his dad enough exposure in one of the prequels.

I agree an Obi Wan film is also merited. I want to see what he was up to after he had that fight with Anakin and before he came out of retirement for Star Wars.

with regards to comments around Darth Plagueis, has that character ever been mentioned in the films because I don't recall hearing the name? If not I think it would be daft to introduce this character without some explaining of who he is as most people would not have read or watched the Cartoon Star wars stuff, like me :)

with regards to comments around Darth Plagueis, has that character ever been mentioned in the films because I don't recall hearing the name? If not I think it would be daft to introduce this character without some explaining of who he is as most people would not have read or watched the Cartoon Star wars stuff, like me :)
It's a common thing. Pretty much everything in the Star Wars universe have names but it comes up through buying toys or collecting stickers etc.

The ewoks were never actually called ewoks in the film though everyone knows that's their name.

with regards to comments around Darth Plagueis, has that character ever been mentioned in the films because I don't recall hearing the name?

He was named by Palpatine in this excellent scene (one of the standout prequel moments).

He was named by Palpatine in this excellent scene (one of the standout prequel moments).

That's why I don't remember it as after I watched the prequels I went to Anchorhead to have my memory erased :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom