The general football chat thread

So with Liverpools point record the multiple teams pushing them was?

I'll wait

I can't see many Liverpool fans going down the 'it was easier back then' route, as it would belittle their last period of dominance.

I'd say it's all pretty much swings and roundabouts.

Precisely. And I'm not saying their achievement now should be belittled now. Or City last year for that matter. My point was that calling either of them the greatest team ever is nonsense when so many great teams have come before them.

The old Arsenal v Man Utd, Fergie vs Wenger, Keane vs Vieira games were a lot more intense than the “battles” you see nowadays.

pizza-gate, Keown vs horseface.

Those games had an edge you don’t see anymore and surely no ones doubting the quality of those sides.

The old Arsenal v Man Utd, Fergie vs Wenger, Keane vs Vieira games were a lot more intense than the “battles” you see nowadays.

pizza-gate, Keown vs horseface.

Those games had an edge you don’t see anymore and surely no ones doubting the quality of those sides.

Dunno.That Chelsea Spurs 2-2 a few years ago. The one where Spurs kicked the crap out of Chelsea. That was quite a battle,

Dunno.That Chelsea Spurs 2-2 a few years ago. The one where Spurs kicked the crap out of Chelsea. That was quite a battle,
That one from 4 years ago, there were one or two yellows in that game iirc

Everyone’s too chummy nowadays, social media is to blame for that

Most City v Liverpool games too. They’re not kicking lumps out of each other but the intensity is incredible.

The 2-1 last year, unbelievably high quality game that.

Most City v Liverpool games too. They’re not kicking lumps out of each other but the intensity is incredible.

The 2-1 last year, unbelievably high quality game that.
Yeah that was a good game, could’ve been 4-4

So with Liverpools point record the multiple teams pushing them was?

I'll wait
Haven't got a points record yet......long way to go and all that !!

Its a pointless argument who's the greatest team ever.......its situational and subjective so you can never have a definitive answer,

Haven't got a points record yet......long way to go and all that !!

Its a pointless argument who's the greatest team ever.......its situational and subjective so you can never have a definitive answer,

Nope, it's the Liverpool 1984 team :smashin:

Would have done them 10-0 :D

Unlikely since the 84 team could only do a poor Spurs team at the time 7-0. :thumbsup:

(can't remember the exact year, but I'll never forget the slagging I had to endure)

Edit, it was actually '78. :eek: . I was far too young for that much abuse, nasty bullies those Liverpool fans. :laugh:

Unlikely since the 84 team could only do a poor Spurs team at the time 7-0. :thumbsup:

(can't remember the exact year, but I'll never forget the slagging I had to endure)

Edit, it was actually '78. :eek: . I was far too young for that much abuse, nasty bullies those Liverpool fans. :laugh:

Just the 7. Clearly an off day :laugh:

Unfortunately I was just a glint in the milkman's eye back in 78, and have no recollection of the 1984 side.

I had to watch them via the glory of VHS.

Just the 7. Clearly an off day :laugh:

Unfortunately I was just a glint in the milkman's eye back in 78, and have no recollection of the 1984 side.

I had to watch them via the glory of VHS.

Really?? I had you down as much much older ;)

11 yellow cards
Most of them were for Spurs players
Infact Spurs should have had about 3 or 4 reds too!
At 2-0 up they should relaxed but they completely lost their heads that day and ended up conceding 2 goals instead. Hazard had a great game IIRC

Most of them were for Spurs players
Infact Spurs should have had about 3 or 4 reds too!
At 2-0 up they should relaxed but they completely lost their heads that day and ended up conceding 2 goals instead. Hazard had a great game IIRC

IIRC it was the only game Hazard turned up for that particular season.

Leicester are struggling big time, form was crap before the restart and still awful now.

Leicester are struggling big time, form was crap before the restart and still awful now.
brand-dark.svg
About our ads
You may also like
Arguably worse now. Can't see them getting top 4 now the way the chasing pack are going

How long did it take for VAR to decide that was a clear and obvious error.........

brand-dark.svg
About our ads

You may also like
Arguably worse now. Can't see them getting top 4 now the way the chasing pack are going
Nope they’re looking very poor right now.

I said a few months back there was still lots for clubs to play for from 3rd place down.

Didn't think it was clear, hence why it took multiple views to confirm it was handball
That’s what I mean, if it takes several minutes and numerous replays to decide then it isn’t a clear and obvious error and they should stick with the on field decision.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom