The general football chat thread

And I wouldn’t want a points deduction, win it fairly on the pitch and I have no problem at all, same as I wouldnt want a medal I’ve not won on the pitch because of some alleged accounting misdemeanour.
If City were stripped of the titles they wouldn't be alleged misdemeanours would they?

Not going to happy though, as funny as it would be.

If City were stripped of the titles they wouldn't be alleged misdemeanours would they?

Not going to happy though, as funny as it would be.
And with a points deduction next season handing Liverpool the title for another year or two !

But the team that finished top in this case wouldn’t have won it ‘on merit’ would they? Therefore it should go, deservingly, to the second placed team.
On the pitch they have won on merit, but I guess you could then argue they had them players "allegedly" purchased not fairly in the first place, so they wouldn't of been as good.
So yeah it's a proper grey area.

On the pitch they have won on merit, but I guess you could then argue they had them players "allegedly" purchased not fairly in the first place, so they wouldn't of been as good.

Black and white for me - if you’re proven to have cheated the rules you forfeit the trophies.

Black and white for me - if you’re proven to have cheated the rules you forfeit the trophies.
Would you want LFC to win the trophy from last season, sounds ridiculous but I wouldn't ?
The way we have steamrolled this season and showing what a dominant team we have been is 10 times more fitting, plus it's a nice round 30 years not 29 lol

Come of it they are accused of 70 million worth irregular payments not £700 MILLION.

And have the EPL found them guilty.

Would you want LFC to win the trophy from last season, sounds ridiculous but I wouldn't ?
The way we have steamrolled this season and showing what a dominant team we have been is 10 times more fitting, plus it's a nice round 30 years not 29 lol
It would have been a 2nd place finish you managed behind MC from 11-16 so much sooner than 29 years.

It would have been a 2nd place finish you managed behind MC from 11-16 so much sooner than 29 years.
It’s 2012-16 mate FFP, it was only introduced in 2011 and they do it every 3 years as you can lose so much over a three year period.

Shouldn't matter if it's £1 or £1 billion. Rules are rules.
the punishment has to fit the crime so to speak, if you steal an Apple should you get 25 years the same as someone who does an armed robbery?

Shouldn't matter if it's £1 or £1 billion. Rules are rules.
It does if you claim you could produce a multi-title winning team with a 70 million spend.. and of course, it matters if it's a £ or a billion of them.

the punishment has to fit the crime so to speak, if you steal an Apple should you get 25 years the same as someone who does an armed robbery?
That's hardly a fair comparison lol

A fairer comparison would be if an accountant stole tens of thousands or millions then it would be the same crime.

Petty theft and armed robbery are hardly the same :facepalm:

It’s 2012-16 mate FFP, it was only introduced in 2011 and they do it every 3 years as you can lose so much over a three year period.
As a fan of a Championship club who has a owner worth a few Billion we had a FFP problem with £50 million worth of debt , we have sold are better players and bought cheaper and we are debt free now .. so we can now stop selling and buy bigger.

Also i will make the odd mistake due to not looking up basic facts..i try not to and use what i have actually learnt instead .. which is often bugger all.

To a point.

But if you've effectively cheated to win the competition, what punishment is acceptable? How do you discourage others from cheating in the future if City can break the rules (which has 100% resulted in City getting the upper hand in the transfer market and in the competitions they've won). How do you put a financial figure on that? What about the prize money they've won and the (genuine) sponsorship money they've won on the back of the success? It's fraud surely?

I'm not particularly comfortable with stripping titles, but if not that then absolutely harsh punishment.

These clubs are multi million pound businesses and City in particular has an army of lawyers. If it turns out they've broken the rules, they've absolutely done it in a premeditated manner and deserve everything they've got coming.

If this is a UEFA set up then I'm sure City will be cleared.

Imagine if the internet existed in 89 and a Liverpool forum, came up with all these conspiracy that the papers and government were covering up what really happened at Hillsborough and other fans laughing saying I want some of what you are smoking. They’d look stupid now wouldn’t they? What do you expect City fans to be doing, we’ve been attacked from UEFA since we got our money for no other reason than having rich owners in the name of fair play and you don’t like it, oh dear that’s life.
wow you have sunk to new depths imo why on earth would you being this into it

According to reports City's CEO Ferran Soriano (whoever he is) has told the squad "this will be dropped" be interesting to see if City have legitimate claims for that, or if it's just arrogance and cockiness somehow.
Oh and Pep will still be there if they were playing in League 2 .... hahahaha

As MC have already been punished £49 million fine , restriction on transfer , and a reduction in squad size for CL.. reading a piece in the MEN it would suggest that since that rebuke MC sponsorship deals have been sourced worldwide.. right or wrong?

According to reports City's CEO Ferran Soriano (whoever he is) has told the squad "this will be dropped" be interesting to see if City have legitimate claims for that, or if it's just arrogance and cockiness somehow.
Oh and Pep will still be there if they were playing in League 2 .... hahahaha
Apparently the Pep quote is legit .

Incorrect again, this refers to the same period they were fined for, please dont engage unless you even know what your talking about.
Why were you found guilty then??and I'll engage when I want to.

wow you have sunk to new depths imo why on earth would you being this into it
Because you accuse us of all been paranoid and that’s what would’ve happened back then, Liverpool fans above all should know how corrupt things can be and how media can get everything wrong either through choice or incompetence, yet you are going along with all the sensational headlines without even knowing what it’s about, the same as many believed Liverpool fans had only themselves to blame in 89, due to believing newspaper reports and trusting and obvious corrupt police force and government.

Thread tidied. Keep it on track please gents and refrain from personal attacks, or more warnings will be issued.

Thanks

Ok I apologise for my analogy, it obviously didn’t come across of how it should, my point was that don’t believe everything you read in headlines and certain establishments.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom