The Hello Thread part 2

Hi all, greetings from Perth, Western Australia (originally from the U.K.)
I've just joined as I have recently bought a new receiver and also managed to get a free HD projector and screen from a friend who is upgrading to 4K/Atmos before he dies (sadly has a serious illness). I bought him Planet Earth II and The Martian 4K Blu-ray Discs so he has something to watch when his system is finally installed. Can't wait to see and hear them.

I'm not ready for 4K yet due to costs as I'd need a new screen and source player, and am very happy with my last-gen Pioneer Kuro plasma, still looks great after 7 years. The new receiver has Atmos so hope to get some ceiling speakers this week to add to my Kef 5.1 set up.

Thanks for the help I received in the VSX-1131 forum!

G'day mate, greetings and welcome.

G'day Simon!

Still playing with the new Pioneer VSX-1131 amp, getting used to the network features a modern amp can offer. Just swapped out a Denon AVR-2809 which only had one HDMI out.
I also have a Pioneer Kuro 50" plasma, Kef 5.1 speakers of various vintages, Epson projector, AppleTV, Mac Mini, Sony CD-X3000 cd player from 1997, Project turntable and a no-name projector screen. (Can't add them to my signature yet)

I hope to pick up a pair of Episode ceiling speakers from Gumtree later this week.

Last edited:
你好

Hey guys! I’m Brad -- a Community Manager for Among Giants who’s working on Distortions, a story-driven musical psychodrama game for Steam! I'm new to the forums so I just wanted to say “hey” and hope to get to know the community. Thanks! :)
Welcome!

Greetings, all! I'm 23, Australian, and legally blind. Despite my disability, I try to keep a wide range of interests and keep up my spirits. Am looking forward to posting here and hopefully making some new friends. Also, I recently got a guide dog (see avatar), and while he's been awesome, and a great boon for my independence and sociability in general, he's also quite expensive and has upcoming vet visits, I've started a gofundme to try and ease the strain. Click here to support Supporting Me and My Guide Dog organized by Joshua Greentree At the very least, it has another picture of him.

Hi there all,

Newcomer to the forum, needed some advice on fitting a turntable into the current setup. Thanks for the hep and advice received.

Had chance to look around the place now and it looks like a great place to be. Looking forward to spending some time here :hiya:

Hello everyone, I'm Thanh anh this is the first time i take part in this forum, i hope will add many friend to talk :) share to the other one about my passion

Hey y'all! I'm glad to find such an active forum! I look forward to getting to know this place and participate in the discussions! I hope to become a regular user on the site, but that may take a while, haha.

Noobs. :D

It's funny how people say hi then disappear, never posting again.

and a lot of them look like this

Hello everyone, newbie here. It is great to be here. An active community. Might ask a few question later.

Hi guys I'm 36 years old from Milan, Italy. I'm a passionate about technology, enthusiast amateur photographer and musician.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom