The Hello Thread part 2

I recently listened to Epica, Nightwish, Dimmu Borgir, Carach Angren, Septicflesh, Schwarzer Engel
just to name some bands ^^

I know the first three. Will have to check out the others :thumbsup:

I know the first three. Will have to check out the others :thumbsup:
you may like it or may not :D Carach Angren and Septicflesh are more like Symphonic Black/Death Metal & Schwarzer Engel is a bit like Rammstein but more Symphonic / Gothic Metal like ( + german lyrics :eek: )

I love Rammstein. Had tickets for this June in Cardiff, but is now going to be next year.:( You may be interested in this part of the forum Any heavy metal fans out there? :thumbsup:

Hiya, I'm sure all are welcome here!

Just be aware we are mostly European , this might come into play if you participate in the classifieds section

Welcome and there are more than previously.
We even have an Australian!

I'm one of the only few USA members that comes here. I'm not sure how many others of my kind are on here.

I'm one of the only few USA members that comes here. I'm not sure how many others of my kind are on here.

We like to keep the colonists out ;) :D :laugh::laugh:

Stifles laugh :)

Haven't been around this place since April. I don't think I've ever posted in this thread before, even back then when I was around, so I guess I'll give a little belated intro:

Heya, what's up. I'm a 30 year old Singaporean Chinese who spent the past few months trying to catch up with three '90s TV series (Simpsons, X-Files, and Buffy). I'm watching each season of these series on rotation, switching to the following series per season. Currently, I'm watching season 5 of X-Files alongside season 2 of Chris Carter's other series, "Millennium". Both are pretty great so far.

I'm also a big anime fan, currently watching two rather unconventional anime, "Beastars" and "Banana Fish". Beastars is a romance dramedy that explores the prejudice themes explored in Disney's "Zootopia", while Banana Fish is a crime thriller that deals with some pretty uncomfortable themes such as sexual assault and pedophilia (and the trauma one faces from them), but it's also a refreshing story about male homosexuality, something you don't normally see in Japanese animation (or in most American drama for that matter). And yes, the name is based on Salinger's novel.

Let's see, a little about me... I'm a pretty simple man with simple interests like movies and video games. I'm picky with my food, but my tastes in them are also simple, my favorites being French fries and cheeseburgers, though I've spent more time nibbling spicy chips. While I've recently made more effort to spend time on TV series, something I've always had trouble binging, my first love was movies, particularly all the big-name geek classics like Aliens, Terminator and Back to the Future. I'm not sure why I just decided to finally take time to watch popular series that are over 20 years old, but I guess it's just that phase in my life when I finally have time to spend two to three weeks binging season after season.

Anyway, thanks for having me. Hope to make some friends here. Ciao!

Last edited:
Haven't been around this place since April. I don't think I've ever posted in this thread before, even back then when I was around, so I guess I'll give a little belated intro:

Heya, what's up. I'm a 30 year old Singaporean Chinese who spent the past few months trying to catch up with three '90s TV series (Simpsons, X-Files, and Buffy). I'm watching each season of these series on rotation, switching to the following series per season. Currently, I'm watching season 5 of X-Files alongside season 2 of Chris Carter's other series, "Millennium". Both are pretty great so far.

I'm also a big anime fan, currently watching two rather unconventional anime, "Beastars" and "Banana Fish". Beastars is a romance dramedy that explores the prejudice themes explored in Disney's "Zootopia", while Banana Fish is a crime thriller that deals with some pretty uncomfortable themes such as sexual assault and pedophilia (and the trauma one faces from them), but it's also a refreshing story about male homosexuality, something you don't normally see in Japanese animation (or in most American drama for that matter). And yes, the name is based on Salinger's novel.

Let's see, a little about me... I'm a pretty simple man with simple interests like movies and video games. I'm picky with my food, but my tastes in them are also simple, my favorites being French fries and cheeseburgers, though I've spent more time nibbling spicy chips. While I've recently made more effort to spend time on TV series, something I've always had trouble binging, my first love was movies, particularly all the big-name geek classics like Aliens, Terminator and Back to the Future. I'm not sure why I just decided to finally take time to watch popular series that are over 20 years old, but I guess it's just that phase in my life when I finally have time to spend two to three weeks binging season after season.

Anyway, thanks for having me. Hope to make some friends here. Ciao!
Hi and welcome. I’m sure you’ll find like minded people here regarding your viewing tastes. I used to watch Buffy and Angel when the kids were younger. :)

@OriusFox - welcome.
We have a mixed crowd so I am sure you will find plenty to interest you here.

The music made a big difference to the series.

Yes but you are old. 😂

Hiya.
Pull up a comfy chair!

Out and proud!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom