The Inpatient

Oh, I’m sure I would’ve been the same had I had one since launch :)

I’ve definitely been guilty of buying stuff just because it’s VR and because it’s bit stupidly priced.

Grabbed Skyrim because I know it’s a “proper” game so don’t mind paying silly price.

Don’t think I’ve paid more than £17 for anything yet (Skyrim aside) which is fine, it just struck me there seem to be not many full games and a lot of “experiences” which isn’t a problem if priced accordingly.

Thankfully me and a mate share the cost for VR games as we share our library (multiplayer title excluded), would have been quite miffed paying over £30 for this.

Its not even so much the length as nothing happens and its so scripted there is little replay value in my eyes.

Hi all,
Sorry I'm going to sound really dim here and I'm sure the answer is very simple but I'm stuck in the upside down room on The Inpatient. I'm at the box picking up my character but no idea what im supposed to do with it?

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

Hi all,
Sorry I'm going to sound really dim here and I'm sure the answer is very simple but I'm stuck in the upside down room on The Inpatient. I'm at the box picking up my character but no idea what im supposed to do with it?

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

Pick
up your character and then I think I put it back in the box and another guy appeared behind me in the box and in real life. I then headed for the real guy down the corridor.

Pick
up your character and then I think I put it back in the box and another guy appeared behind me in the box and in real life. I then headed for the real guy down the corridor.

Oh that's weird I've already seen the guy and followed him but now I cant seem to get anywhere. I wonder whether my game has glitched or i'm missing something else?

Think I eventually went back to the room and slept.

Yep my game was glitching but all sorted now thankfully, finished it and disappointed really, it seemed to have much more potential in the beginning and just slowly faded from then on. I got quite bored by the end but i enjoyed the first bit where there was more interactive character choices. Oh well, Onwards and all that.

I'm pretty much finished with the game now just need two trophies for the Platinum, will require another play through to get them, There is a nice tie to Until dawn for one of the endings if you go down a particular path which I thought was neat as a fan of until dawn.

but yeah this game had a lot of potential that i feel was wasted as mentioned the beginning is decent but once your out of your room it goes down hill it's like they gave up on it and just did what ever to get it finished, Makes me wonder why they needed to delay it for two months nothing in it makes me think yeah that was worth the wait.

I'm pretty much finished with the game now just need two trophies for the Platinum, will require another play through to get them, There is a nice tie to Until dawn for one of the endings if you go down a particular path which I thought was neat as a fan of until dawn.

but yeah this game had a lot of potential that i feel was wasted as mentioned the beginning is decent but once your out of your room it goes down hill it's like they gave up on it and just did what ever to get it finished, Makes me wonder why they needed to delay it for two months nothing in it makes me think yeah that was worth the wait.

I agree, you're spot on there. I'm left disappointed, i imagine there will shortly be a price drop which will only serve to be a kick in the teeth lol

Guys, will playing this game spoil any revelations that occur in the main Until Dawn game?

For example I always recommend people to watch Star Wars saga in order of theatrical release, not in chronological order because otherwise the greatest revelation in Empire Strikes Back would be spoiled if you watch the prequels first.

Is there a danger of such an example, if I play Inpatient first?

Thanks

there really isn't anything in it that's a spoiler for Until Dawn, one of the endings has a neat tie to until to dawn if you have played that game but that's as far as it goes, this one is a prequel of sorts set 60 years before so none of the characters etc in Inpatient are in Until dawn or anything like that for there to be any spoilers.

Until Dawn is one of my favourite PS4 games ever and I loved Rush of Blood too. Unfortunatly The Inpatient was where it started to go wrong for Supermassive Games, Man of Medan was also a big disappointment.

I've had this since launch and dispite 3 or 4 sessions on it i've still not completed the story. A play through should only take 2 and a half hours but this game is so boring it feels like it's taking forever. It's only the fact that i want to complete some trophys thats stopping me from binning it.

Looking at a guide I'm only an hour in and theres only been one jump scare in all that time, this is probably the worst VR game I own.

I've not played my PSVR in ages and todays not been a good reintroduction to it.

I still haven’t played until dawn :eek:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom