The irrational and not-so-irrational annoyances thread

Blimey

5C2CFEA4-2DFB-4EE8-A5F5-443DF8DCB9BD.jpeg

Sports news.

I've always hated the fact that sports are included in the news at all, being totally unimportant and of no consequence whatsoever. Mrs. Miggins cat being stuck up a tree down the road would be infinitely more newsworthy.

It has however recently got even more ludicrous, the sports news is still continuing despite the fact that no sports are happening AT ALL. Every morning on BBC breakfast ; 'and now let's go over to Sally for the sports'.

NO! Lets's not! Let's see someone handing her her P45, bye bye Sally, you're out of here! 👋

Power cut at 4:00am this morning. Surly cow in the cul-de-sac hasn't got the common sense to turn off her house alarm.

Fair enough, at 4:00 she may not have heard it, But it is going off now and she is cleaning her windows. Special kind of stupid that...

IMBW, but I don't believe that there is a species of gull called a 'Seagull'. I'm not fact-checking myself (CBA), but I think I remember reading that years ago.

good point, tho I think most people just call the collective species of Gulls (or as google states, belong to the family Laridae..) as seagull as historically they're seabirds...tho, they're very adaptable..!

I recal watching some program years ago and for some reason a load of particular gulls ended up on a small rocky island, and within a single generation the chicks had adapted long beaks so they were able to feed in the small rocky crevices..!

Power cut at 4:00am this morning. Surly cow in the cul-de-sac hasn't got the common sense to turn off her house alarm.

Fair enough, at 4:00 she may not have heard it, But it is going off now and she is cleaning her windows. Special kind of stupid that...

I lived in a cul de sac once which comprised of 6 new houses with alarms fitted. The local sub-station went down and one by one all of the house alarms went off due to lack of mains. No one was able to switch them off as its meant to signal that power to them had been tampered with (as a burglar would do) so it may not be her fault.

Annoying thing was each house sounded one at a time until their back up batteries drained! I managed to stop mine by opening the alarm case and disconnecting what looked like a 12v motorcycle battery.

I told the neighbours who were around but they didn't want to "tamper with the alarm".

Still, they weren't quite so happy to be charged £150 ish by a security company to come out and swap the batteries out and do a reset (a new battery at the time was £35 or so, their own batteries could have been re-charged). I just had to re-connect and reset!

Last edited:
An ad for a game called 'League of Angels, Heaven's Fury' on a YouTube video, hearing stuff like "Oh you're so naughty, what do you want me to dress on" and yes, that's word for word the English used :rotfl: :eek:

well and truly broken.. :D

People who reply to you on email getting your name wrong. My name is clearly in my email address, and signed off at the bottom of the email. The reply "Hi Karl". ***. Attention to detail! This guy works in finance too!

People who reply to you on email getting your name wrong. My name is clearly in my email address, and signed off at the bottom of the email. The reply "Hi Karl". ***. Attention to detail! This guy works in finance too!

I get all sorts - my middle name used to be in my work listing and people often used that - took me ages to get it removed. My surname also kinda looks like a first name so people use that, or the first half of it. Double frustrating when they switch names half way through a long email thread. Generally it is when they are trying to prove me wrong and are sinking further and further from reality - I think the red mist descends and they start keyboard mashing. Just give up you wally.

FB_IMG_1590749828983.jpg

I get this all the time. Even from people I speak to on a regular basis. My surname is kind of a first name as well. "Great. Thanks Steven. I'll send you that email in a moment" then I get "Dear Doe..."

I usually reply by calling them by their surname "Thanks Smith. Got that..."

An apology comes through not long after :)

I get called 'Max' at least once a month by someone :laugh:.

I have made the error of writing to a supplier, using her given name of Kay. It turned out that Sam Kay was a bloke, oops!

I get called 'Max' at least once a month by someone :laugh:.

I have made the error of writing to a supplier, using her given name of Kay. It turned out that Sam Kay was a bloke, oops!

I'd take that deal

1590766648904.png

I remember emailing a guy called Duncan who liked to be known as "Dunc". My autocorrect changed this to "Dear Dunce"

Just found out - they jumped 60 metres 70 feet (misreporting in a newspaper)!

Last edited:
I guess this is not social-distancing-approved gawping

View attachment 1309339

AFAIK, the people on the beach were herded in that manner to allow both Air Ambulances to land near the scene.

I live near Durdle Door (about 30-45 mins or so) and in all the years I've lived in and around this area, I've never once seen the beach as crowded as this news article shows, it's ridiculous. I don't get the mentality of these people. Yesterday, my wife and I discussed going for a walk in the New Forest, which again, isn't too far to drive. When I looked online to find reports of it being really busy, we had a chat and decided it wasn't where we should head to.
Why can't others do the same? It's such an odd thought process 'They're doing it, so I must be allowed', instead of 'That doesn't look very sensible, I'll do something different from those people'...

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom