The irrational and not-so-irrational annoyances thread

Think schools are different now (at least when not in lockdown). My eldest (9) has only ever played games and similar on the final day of term
After returning from the activity week (rock climbing etc) in the Peak District during my final year of primary school. There were three weeks left and we just did cleaning as the b!tch of a headmistress we had said we misbehaved during the year - we couldn't think why and this was our punishment. My parents and many others were not exactly pleased.

My friend walks past a McDs on the way to her work (supermarket) and about 10 days after they closed, she walked past it to see a man putting a bag of dog poo into one of the bins in the car park! I wouldn't been emptied for another 2 months. Yet there's a council bin 40 metres in the direction where he was walking.

Delivery drivers with 4 doors on their van that deliver 2 loads of items to the nearby nursing home, but somehow open and (very loudly) close 83 doors on their van o_O

When I worked from a van early in the morning, I never found it difficult to simply push doors shut almost silently, so as not to disturb nearby residents sleeping. Not all people think the same though I guess...

Further noise related annoyances :D:

People that can't use garden or hand tools that spin, i.e. grass strimmers and drills/ electric srewdrivers in what I call a 'normal' manner (or how I do it lol) - turn the tool on, use it, turn it off.

When strimming, I hold the trigger and walk around the perimeter of the garden, cutting the grass close to the fence/ path. When I reach where I started, I let go of the trigger and I'm done.
When I screw a screw into a piece of wood, I put the bit into the head, click the trigger, hold until the screw is fully home, then stop.

I've got 2 different neighbours that seem to think the correct way to use their tools is to 'rev' it in very short bursts.

Bzz bzz bzz bzz bzz bzz bzz

How the fudge do they get anything done if it take 5 minutes to put a bloody wood screw into a pallet? My other neighbour sounds like he's about to start a strimming race every time he used it, bzz bzz bzz bzz - half an hour to strim a patch of grass that's about 10m square :rotfl:. He honestly power cycles his strimmer so quickly that I wonder if the plastic cutting wire/ blade actually gets up to cutting speed or not...

God I feel bloody grumpy lately! My wife asks if I'm 'Manstruating' when I'm like this.

I obviously feel that this is not a very woke thing for her to say, it is 2020 after all, I'm allowed to be as upset as any other gender without her making me feel like I'm not special and not validating my feelings and stroking my ego.

Actually, typing that nonsense and realising that some people actually talk that way made me smile :D

Again, trying to get tradesmen to quote for jobs. Four landscapers I've contacted and they either fail to turn up or don't get back to me. Also contacted a decorator who failed to turn up. Starting to think I'm blacklisted somewhere

Again, trying to get tradesmen to quote for jobs. Four landscapers I've contacted and they either fail to turn up or don't get back to me. Also contacted a decorator who failed to turn up. Starting to think I'm blacklisted somewhere
It is very frustrating. I know a lot of tradespeople are busy (especially at the moment), but it takes two minutes to respond saying something like "Really sorry, am too busy at the moment, but thanks for your interest and please consider me again in the future"

God I feel bloody grumpy lately! My wife asks if I'm 'Manstruating' when I'm like this.

I obviously feel that this is not a very woke thing for her to say, it is 2020 after all, I'm allowed to be as upset as any other gender without her making me feel like I'm not special and not validating my feelings and stroking my ego.

Actually, typing that nonsense and realising that some people actually talk that way made me smile :D
there there dear

I carry a bag of dog excrement with me at all times so people will think I am a responsible owner, even though I don't have a dog.
a friend of mine knows a guy who carries a bag of plasticine around so it looks like he is clearing up after his do... muppet

a friend of mine knows a guy who carries a bag of plasticine around so it looks like he is clearing up after his do... muppet

That's terrible! I think the police should introduce a "stop and sniff" policy to prevent this kind of deception.

I was once walking the dog with my sister's ex, I picked up the dog miss and was carrying it. He gestured for me to pass it to him, I thought, okay...he then threw it into a bush...was no getting it back :(

The supermarket - not my work, where I do my shopping, if do need to queue, you do it down the side of the store. There's also a row of parking bays next to the queuing area. I simply don't understand why a couple of drivers reverse into the bay when parking in the line of bays. They could be at their car putting their shopping away when the queue is in line with their car.

EE sent me an upgrade offer, free early upgrade basically.

Yep had a look only applies if I want an iPhone.

🙈

The supermarket - not my work, where I do my shopping, if do need to queue, you do it down the side of the store. There's also a row of parking bays next to the queuing area. I simply don't understand why a couple of drivers reverse into the bay when parking in the line of bays. They could be at their car putting their shopping away when the queue is in line with their car.

My local Tesco has removed the use of the bay nearest the queue.

nice.jpg

Further noise related annoyances :D:

People that can't use garden or hand tools that spin, i.e. grass strimmers and drills/ electric srewdrivers in what I call a 'normal' manner (or how I do it lol) - turn the tool on, use it, turn it off.

When strimming, I hold the trigger and walk around the perimeter of the garden, cutting the grass close to the fence/ path. When I reach where I started, I let go of the trigger and I'm done.
When I screw a screw into a piece of wood, I put the bit into the head, click the trigger, hold until the screw is fully home, then stop.

I've got 2 different neighbours that seem to think the correct way to use their tools is to 'rev' it in very short bursts.

Bzz bzz bzz bzz bzz bzz bzz

How the fudge do they get anything done if it take 5 minutes to put a bloody wood screw into a pallet? My other neighbour sounds like he's about to start a strimming race every time he used it, bzz bzz bzz bzz - half an hour to strim a patch of grass that's about 10m square :rotfl:. He honestly power cycles his strimmer so quickly that I wonder if the plastic cutting wire/ blade actually gets up to cutting speed or not...

Aren't you a biker..? I'm sure you know that if you don't blip the bike while sat at a set of traffic lights, the bike gets sad :( Maybe it's the same thing with a strimmer :thumbsup:

Dons flame suit, ready for the onslaught against Bikers because we kill kittens. :p

I'm still confused about the lockdown rules, well, the rationale behind the decisions. So, we can be furloughed, our kids can't go to school, we can't go to the gym, but as of 06:00hrs tomorrow morning we can go the pub and get pissed?

Why open the pubs? Every fudger near me has been building bars in their gardens from old pallets for the last 3 months :rotfl:

Aren't you a biker..? I'm sure you know that if you don't blip the bike while sat at a set of traffic lights, the bike gets sad :( Maybe it's the same thing with a strimmer :thumbsup:

Dons flame suit, ready for the onslaught against Bikers because we kill kittens. :p

I never rev my bike at the lights. I didn't realise my bike might be getting sad though. I'll make sure I do it the next time I'm out, thanks for the protip :thumbsup: :rotfl:

I'm still confused about the lockdown rules, well, the rationale behind the decisions. So, we can be furloughed, our kids can't go to school, we can't go to the gym, but as of 06:00hrs tomorrow morning we can go the pub and get pissed?

Why open the pubs? Every fudger near me has been building bars in their gardens from old pallets for the last 3 months :rotfl:

is there any better way of making it fail than opening the pubs @ 6am of a morning? why not their usual time of 11am?

this was a pub in newcastle 8:30 this morning...mind, it's a sh*thole of a pub...

1593856057667.png

Last edited:
Deciding to freshen up the garage with carpet and paint as spending more time in there on zwift and potentially will put a desk in there for long term home working. Got a ply stud wall covering the garage door. Start painting it and realise what an awful piece of crap it is. Delaminating all over the place. It’s pine ply. Makes painting it much harder. Just hope you can’t see the crap bits once painted and all the stuff back in there.
I was blissfully ignorant before I started painting.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom