The irrational and not-so-irrational annoyances thread

It's been a while since I posted in here as I'm trying not to moan so much but....

Bloody car adverts where they absolutely crucify a great song with a tuneless, souless, passionless female almost speaking the words accompanied by a generic awful piano backing. 2 current examples are 'Born To Be Wild' ruined by Volvo and 'Wonderwall' ruined by Renault.

Apologies if it's already been on this thread but it's probably a year since I last looking in :)

Amazon.

Very rare but I have seen this happen a few times, wondering whether anyone else has experienced it.

You have Prime membership and you order a qualifying item on Sunday and it says it will be delivered on Monday. On Monday you look at the order and sure enough it says arriving today by 9pm. But then you look at the tracking and it doesn’t look right, you can see it is not out for delivery.

So you have a chat with Amazon and they give the reassuring nods that it will arrive today, ignoring your observations that the tracking doesn’t agree.

And right up to 9pm, the order remains as ‘arriving today by 9pm’, but then at one second past 9pm it changes to ‘on the way but it is running late’.

Now this is where it gets odd.

It was promised for Monday (Prime next day delivery promise and all that), it gets to the local hub but misses the van. You would think the delivery would change to Tuesday by 9pm wouldn’t you. But it doesn’t, as soon as they have a delivery failure, it seems all bets are off, all promises gone, and they can now quote whatever delivery they want - so my delivery that was promised yesterday is now quoted as delivery by the end of Wednesday.

UPDATE - Just looking at my order, the tracking is completely removed and replaced by this.

516E41F2-A0A2-411A-BB11-E0CAFE0D74AA.jpeg

I guess on the flip side, it does say that it should come today (but no tracking and no promises) but if it turns up after Wednesday sounds like I get refunded and get to keep it for free.

Cheers,

Nigel

Last edited:
Doing my first online training course using Teams. Imagine a meeting where you have that one muppet that doesn't mute his mic.

Now imagine listening to someone clearing their throat and clicking their mouse...all. day. long...

I thought it'd be standard etiquette by now to mute your mic when not talking, but clearly not...

Doing my first online training course using Teams. Imagine a meeting where you have that one muppet that doesn't mute his mic.

Now imagine listening to someone clearing their throat and clicking their mouse...all. day. long...

I thought it'd be standard etiquette by now to mute your mic when not talking, but clearly not...
You'll know for next time...

:p

Companies that won't offer new customer deals to existing customer's.

Finally out of my corporate deal so moving to BT under the wife's account I get 100gb for £15 because it's a new SIM, the wife will only get 80gb because she's renewing her contract

Not if she'd use100 but not the point just give her the same option

Finally out of my corporate deal so moving to BT under the wife's account I get 100gb for £15 because it's a new SIM, the wife will only get 80gb because she's renewing her contract

Crikey, I’m obviously not using my phone right. I have a 5GB package but because of some deal when I joined I actually get 8GB. The most I have ever used in a month is 3GB, usually it is around 1.5GB, during Covid closer to 0GB.

Cheers,

Nigel

Crikey, I’m obviously not using my phone right. I have a 5GB package but because of some deal when I joined I actually get 8GB. The most I have ever used in a month is 3GB, usually it is around 1.5GB, during Covid closer to 0GB.

Cheers,

Nigel

If it works for you that's the most important thing.

I've hardly been in the house during lockdown due to work, so video calls, WhatsApp, films, sport, streaming music amongst other things chews mine up.

Edit:should add watch very little live TV , I'm down by the beach will catch up on a programme I've missed if I'm on my own. Today however to video calls with friends one in the US the other in Australia and neither will be short

Last edited:
It's been a while since I posted in here as I'm trying not to moan so much but....

Bloody car adverts where they absolutely crucify a great song with a tuneless, souless, passionless female almost speaking the words accompanied by a generic awful piano backing. 2 current examples are 'Born To Be Wild' ruined by Volvo and 'Wonderwall' ruined by Renault.

Apologies if it's already been on this thread but it's probably a year since I last looking in :)
I think I heard a lame version of "Half the World Away" by Oasis, sung by some girl who sounded all weak and pathetic. She murdered it.

Sorry that was me. It's just that your training session was sooo boring!

You can mute people I think? Like forced mute

You can mute people I think? Like forced mute

You can if you are the meeting owner. I normally just crash in and tell the breathers to mute themselves.

I tend to as well if needs be; sometimes takes a few goes, but someone will sheepishly mute after a while!

The app we use shows the hot mics, so a name and shame usually fixes pdq - or if I am feeling nice, a direct chat message

The app we use shows the hot mics, so a name and shame usually fixes pdq - or if I am feeling nice, a direct chat message
Yeah we can usually see, but sometimes if there's a large volume and you only get initial (teams) it's less simple.

Bad times when you know who it is based on how the dog barks.

Every.

Damned.

Meeting.

I have cancelled car insurance then re-apply as a new customer to get things like free Karcher car washer, better discount etc

I've often wondered if this is music that is made just to use in adverts or if it is a real genre? It makes me roll my eyes every time I hear one of these tunes, I wish advertisers would move on from it now.

I've often wondered if this is music that is made just to use in adverts or if it is a real genre? It makes me roll my eyes every time I hear one of these tunes, I wish advertisers would move on from it now.
It's marketing and designed to sound familiar and make you wonder why and where from.

Then you google "music from Volvo advert" etc and bam! Imprinted to your memory.

It's marketing and designed to sound familiar and make you wonder why and where from.

Then you google "music from Volvo advert" etc and bam! Imprinted to your memory.

It's had the oposite effect on me because I've told myself I will never buy a Volvo due to their crap advert ruining a classic such as Born To Be Wild :)

Had one today where the guy's dog tried to rip his trouser leg off. :D

I hold grudges against companies if their adverts annoy me.

I've not bought a Panasonic product since buying a G10 TV 10 years ago.

Infact showing potential customers the issues members of this forum and myself had hopefully will have stopped enough people buying their products

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom