The irrational and not-so-irrational annoyances thread

Queue of traffic, slight incline.
Stuck behind dick who can't move off without rolling back a little first.
I want to throttle him.

Rust!
Went out in the rain to replace the anti roll bar drop links on my civic, should be a 5 minute job I thought; I thought wrong!
I gave up in the end, the nuts are just pure rust!
I'll have to wait for a better day :(

Expecting a parcel today and they gave me a "delivery slot" of between 730am and 6pm.

:mad:

I have just signed for it ..... 634pm.

I have just signed for it ..... 634pm.

:mad:

Recently I had to wait in all day and an extra half hour after the estimated time so I went out at 6:30pm, and return to find a little card saying that they tried to deliver at 8:00pm!!!

Working my notice and them thinking I'll take it out, after they have dicked me around for 3 years. Did get a pay rise, won't do me much good for 1 month :laugh:

A film that an actor is plugging on bbc news. They made it black and white to make it 'authentic' as it was set in 17th century. I can't believe they haven't asked him if the world was black and white back then!

Introducing yourself as "Dave" and then being called "Steve" for the rest of your days!
Anybody else here named Dave but gets called Steve occasionally?

Introducing yourself as "Dave" and then being called "Steve" for the rest of your days!

Tragically, very similar kept the cast of 'Only Fools and Horses' going for years.

Not sure what you mean Steve.

407586d1372839974-irrational-not-so-irrational-annoyance-thread-part-13-trig.jpg

attachment.php

Attachments

• dave.JPG
    dave.JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 429
  • trig.jpg
    trig.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 399
Last edited:
My cousins husband is called Graham but when my Nan was alive she kept calling him Raymond by mistake. She was getting on a bit and used to get a little muddled.
20 years later the whole family still call him Raymond to wind him up :)

Tragically, very similar kept the cast of 'Only Fools and Horses' going for years.

let me guess...is this another great british tradition you don't like..? :)

DJs on the radio that insist on singing the last words of the song they've just played. Steve Wright does it pretty much every time, normally in a **** taking voice. Arrrrgh!

Spare the word tradition for that pile of tripe.
There were more laughs in 12 episodes of Fawlty Towers than 63 episodes of this cack.

haha...I'm a geordie and even I love OFAH's...

what about auf weidersehen pet then?

I introduce myself as "Neil", the other person usually says something like "Ian", the Mrs is called "Belinda Whiteley" she is often called "Linda Whitley, Wippley, Wimley, etc, etc"...
Really annoying...Definitely worth a Glasgow kiss to repeat offenders...:D

Never watched it.

you should watch it...about a bunch of geordie guys who work in germany...series 1 if the best tho...

written by Dick clement and Ian la Frenais who wrote porridge... :)

I'm a Geordie , yet every time I hear a Geordie accent on TV, films etc it causes me to wince. :)

Ya nar what I mean like reiteration pet

I'm a Geordie , yet every time I hear a Geordie accent on TV, films etc it causes me to wince. :)

Ya nar what I mean like reiteration pet

aye, well ,the likes of cheryl and ant and dec... and the people the local news interview about the toon (i.e. during the daytime haha!) - but the guys in auf weisdersehen pet are spot on like... :)

Aw man, ah reet luv tha geordie accent leik.

what aye man...just long as no one thinks we say 'oop north' up here... ! :laugh:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom