The irrational and not-so-irrational annoyances thread

Spending a couple of hours washing both cars as they were well overdue, then two hours later they were both covered in pollen.

Finding mice have been attempting to eat through the plastic buckets of bird seed. I put the seed in plastic buckets for exactly this reason as they ate through the plastic sacks of seed before that!

Finding mice have been attempting to eat through the plastic buckets of bird seed. I put the seed in plastic buckets for exactly this reason as they ate through the plastic sacks of seed before that!

I have had mice eat through the packaging to get to the mouse poison inside :facepalm:

they were probably full off the plastic..!

they were probably full off the plastic..!
They left all the little plastic peelings on top of the lid. They seemed to think the lid the was the way to go. They had a bloody good go at it!
image.jpg

Don’t have a vermin problem. I have a very efficient cat. He loves a mouse / rat sized snack.

Don’t have a vermin problem. I have a very efficient cat. He loves a mouse / rat sized snack.
I’ve only ever seen two tiny mice near me. But we might be getting a car soon anyway...(not for that reason)

I’ve only ever seen two tiny mice near me. But we might be getting a car soon anyway...(not for that reason)

are you going to run them over? :D

Last edited:
Having to watch a shitty quality South park episode from a streaming site on my phone because its been removed from all the legitimate sources for depicting Mohammed in it.

I've posted before about our nursery's whole approach during the pandemic. They're still refusing to communicate other than through facebook, but they've now started lying and saying they are sending emails out to people who have asked. We said we've not received any (as did a few others), and they've now started posting messages calling us unsupportive and saying we're belittling their efforts. Even the cleaners have posted, 'just ignore them, you can't please everyone!'. All we asked was for bloody email updates, it's such a pathetic response.

So today our notice goes in as we've found another nursery, and we'll have a fight on our hands when we ask for fees back for unprovided care at the end of March. Fully expect it to end up in small claims...

This sort of situation is so frustrating. We've been fortunate that the majority of students and parents at school have been really suppportive and we've given as much information as we can, when we can. I can't express how much these things anger me. Being an education provider should mean the number one goal is care for the kids, not money. Sadly with private establishments, I find that isn't always the case. So sorry to hear you're having issues.

This sort of situation is so frustrating. We've been fortunate that the majority of students and parents at school have been really suppportive and we've given as much information as we can, when we can. I can't express how much these things anger me. Being an education provider should mean the number one goal is care for the kids, not money. Sadly with private establishments, I find that isn't always the case. So sorry to hear you're having issues.
yep completely agree. The school for our eldest has been absolutely amazing throughout and I've heard similar from other parents for their schools

Yodel (obvs). My coffee re-up - 'delivered yesterday'. No doorbell ring or door knock. Not on driveway. Not with any neighbours.

Contacted on chat - first person said 'it's in a safe place' - second person said 'it's lost somewhere'.

Cup of tea it is then :(

Yodel (obvs). My coffee re-up - 'delivered yesterday'. No doorbell ring or door knock. Not on driveway. Not with any neighbours.

Contacted on chat - first person said 'it's in a safe place' - second person said 'it's lost somewhere'.

Cup of tea it is then :(
Similar but not quite as bad, I get an email from DPD stating my coffee order is out for delivery between 11:44 and 12:44. Super, we are all in all day, like every day. Gets to 14:00, no coffee. Check tracking, "Sorry we had to return your item to the depot either because the driver couldn't find your address or you were out. You should receive a missed delivery card through the door.". Check the door, nothing. Wait until the next day, check the tracking, your item is being prepared for delivery. Super. Nothing turns up all day. Wait until the next day, check tracking, your item is being prepared for delivery. OK, seems strange. Nothing all day. Repeat again the next day, then phone DPD - "your parcel has just been loaded onto the van". Actually delivered this time, but 3 days late and completely useless tracking and missed delivery information.

There will be a lot of mental health issues to deal with as well.

Pub :laugh:

CB2D545F-95D2-4952-926D-12CB4B67603A.jpeg

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom