The irrational and not-so-irrational annoyances thread

Similar but not quite as bad, I get an email from DPD stating my coffee order is out for delivery between 11:44 and 12:44. Super, we are all in all day, like every day. Gets to 14:00, no coffee. Check tracking, "Sorry we had to return your item to the depot either because the driver couldn't find your address or you were out. You should receive a missed delivery card through the door.". Check the door, nothing. Wait until the next day, check the tracking, your item is being prepared for delivery. Super. Nothing turns up all day. Wait until the next day, check tracking, your item is being prepared for delivery. OK, seems strange. Nothing all day. Repeat again the next day, then phone DPD - "your parcel has just been loaded onto the van". Actually delivered this time, but 3 days late and completely useless tracking and missed delivery information.

If they can't find your address how can they put a card through your door? :laugh:

I've enabled ad-block on this site and done a number of page loads, but still I get this.. :(

1591183276401.png

I use Privacy Badger and white listing AVF works.

Yodel (obvs). My coffee re-up - 'delivered yesterday'. No doorbell ring or door knock. Not on driveway. Not with any neighbours.

Contacted on chat - first person said 'it's in a safe place' - second person said 'it's lost somewhere'.

Cup of tea it is then :(

Well they've changed their story a few times (It was delivered on Monday, it was delivered on Tuesday, it was left in a safe space, there was a card, there wasn't a card) and have now said 'if I still can't find it (lol) then to talk to the supplier'. So called up Nespresso and they have dispatched a replacement box by Parcel Force. Fingers crossed.

Yodel said 'we can see it was scanned near your house' - I don't know what their definition of near is - my postcode? My town? My county? My guess is either it was pocketed, or probably more likely is in a safe space outside address [my house number] [some street] [my town].

Watching a video with all the main voice actors for Red Dead Redemption 2, great. Now Google thinks I want to see more, best ending video pops up with thumbnail. Shame I haven't finished the game yet! Thanks YouTube!

Just finished washing my car and starting to wash MrsD’s car when she comes to the front door and asks if I want a cup of tea. Suddenly she bursts out laughing then points to my car where a bird/birds had sh@t on the roof, rear window and bumper. :eek:

Amazon Q&A section. The number of people who respond to a question simply to say they don't have an answer. What's wrong with people?

Example below from this Alexa fan I've just ordered:

Question:How do you connect this to Alexa?
Answer:I have no idea... I haven’t got Amazon Alexa so, I don’t have any idea how to use it through Alexa. Sorry :(
By Anjana Gurung on 27 May 2020

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Amazon Q&A section. The number of people who respond to a question simply to say they don't have an answer. What's wrong with people?

Example below from this Alexa fan I've just ordered:

Question:How do you connect this to Alexa?
Answer:I have no idea... I haven’t got Amazon Alexa so, I don’t have any idea how to use it through Alexa. Sorry :(
By Anjana Gurung on 27 May 2020
Ah I have an answer for this!

People get emails from Amazon as previously purchasing the item (seemingly with mixed success). Amazon says something like, "so and so asked this question, can you answer it?" And they click through and answer it with little thought for where it goes!

Amazon isn't able to choose very well as to who to ask, as it seems to always get a complete moron.

In about 500 Amazon orders, I've had questions 2-3 times and usually too late to answer!

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Watching a video with all the main voice actors for Red Dead Redemption 2, great. Now Google thinks I want to see more, best ending video pops up with thumbnail. Shame I haven't finished the game yet! Thanks YouTube!

I'm struggling to get into it tbh. I'm sure it's an amazing game, but the wild west setting isn't something I'm massively keen on. I much prefer GTA V from Rockstar.

I'm struggling to get into it tbh. I'm sure it's an amazing game, but the wild west setting isn't something I'm massively keen on. I much prefer GTA V from Rockstar.

I know what you mean, it's a beautiful game but it is a little hard going at times. It grew on me but unfortunately i got sidetracked on another game and then it was really hard to get back into, forgot what i was doing or where i was at!

I can't view any Youtube videos on the forum of late. I keep getting asked to sign in with a 'G suite' account. Is 'G suite' a fancy dangle new name for a Gmail account?

Hermes are right up there with Yodel I reckon.

Got to try and locate the parcel they claim to have delivered from any of the surrounding houses this morning.

My Twitter timeline found this on Yodel too - looks a great read.

Red Dead Redemption 1 is well worth a playthrough - amazing characters and storyline and was a masterpiece of a game.

Red Dead 2 was a complete bore fest (gave up through boredom after just a few chapters).......

Hearing the metal plug drop into my washbasin!

Ordered a bumper sticker for my car which on the website had a stray capital letter but I thought it was a minor enough indiscretion that it was ok, especially for £2.50 so I thought I’d go for it. It arrived and they capital letter was gone. In its place was the incorrect spelling of disapprove (they had it as ‘dissaprove’). Fired off an email asking if it would be possible to exchange it for one with correct spelling. The response was akin to this “nobody has ever noticed that it’s wrong before in a number of years. That’s just how it is, sorry!” and I don't for a second believe that it hasn't been noticed before...
I responded asking to swap it for a different one instead. Haven’t heard back yet but I don’t think it is unreasonable to expect it to be fixed, right?

Ordered a bumper sticker for my car which on the website had a stray capital letter but I thought it was a minor enough indiscretion that it was ok, especially for £2.50 so I thought I’d go for it. It arrived and they capital letter was gone. In its place was the incorrect spelling of disapprove (they had it as ‘dissaprove’). Fired off an email asking if it would be possible to exchange it for one with correct spelling. The response was akin to this “nobody has ever noticed that it’s wrong before in a number of years. That’s just how it is, sorry!” and I don't for a second believe that it hasn't been noticed before...
I responded asking to swap it for a different one instead. Haven’t heard back yet but I don’t think it is unreasonable to expect it to be fixed, right?

Bumper stickers are a little bit more 'hillbilly' than I expect from an AVF member tbh.

You get what you dessserve :rotfl:

Bumper stickers are a little bit more 'hillbilly' than I expect from an AVF member tbh.

I'm dissapppointed there's no middle finger reaction! :rotfl:

If you think a bumper sticker is redneck, you'll hate the car when i'm done with it! :D

the funniest car sticker I saw was driven by an overweight woman (I'll resist saying 'fat') in a micra in sunderland, and it said - "go on small cock, overtake me!"

and i duly obliged...

One of my pet hates is when customer service inevitably say “oh, you are the first to report this”. In most cases, I really don’t believe that.

Cheers,

Nigel

the funniest car sticker I saw was driven by an overweight woman (I'll resist saying 'fat') in a micra in sunderland, and it said - "go on small cock, overtake me!"

and i duly obliged...
For those times you need a bumper sticker that says "I have a micro-penis, that's why you're behind me"

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom