The irrational and not-so-irrational annoyances thread

TVs on chimney breasts that you got to watch with raising your head. Surely that is going to do people's necks in and secondly, shows your TV is far too big for your room.

@DrPhil incoming in 3... 2...

TVs on chimney breasts that you got to watch with raising your head. Surely that is going to do people's necks in and secondly, shows your TV is far too big for your room.
I got rid of my chimney breast when I realised
Santa wasn't real.

Excuse me sir, what is your opinion on cooking, using AVForums at home, and whether or not Aberdeen is lovely and sunny and doesn't have a poor life expectancy?

I'm annoyed with the pandemic for lots of reasons, but today I've realised that it's harder to identify Poe's Law on Twitter:

1594302864664.png

For those not familiar, Poe's Law is:

Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is utterly impossible to parody a Creationist in such a way that someone won't mistake for the genuine article.

I'm annoyed with the pandemic for lots of reasons, but today I've realised that it's harder to identify Poe's Law on Twitter:

View attachment 1331735

For those not familiar, Poe's Law is:

I don't understand your post, but I really want a cooked breakfast now.

Yesterday's announcement of a stamp-duty holiday.

I moved house on the 30th of June; if I'd moved yesterday instead - just 8 days later - I'd have saved £15,000 on stamp duty.

:( :( :(

Oof

Not this has been launched, I'm tempted to actually move house instead of looking at an extension.

The new skybox software / GUI.

What a monstrosity. So much scrolling around the screen to view things.

One of my managers got their house on last Wednesday and lost out. Can’t remember how much by. He and partner bought for £307k

One of my managers got their house on last Wednesday and lost out. Can’t remember how much by. He and partner bought for £307k

Approx £5k. If they were first time buyers they will have missed out on hardly anything.

Lightweight :D.

Done 133 miles on mine, admittedly that's since the last MoT in March 2019.

Had it booked in late March this year but foiled by lockdown, so it's SORNed now :(.

Now praying for better weather :).

You know we were given a 6 month extension right? If your MOT was due in March, you're still good to go :)

I probably clock around 150 miles a week on mine, just pleasure riding, not commuting.

Customers. Emails being bounced back and forth over several weeks. Countless emails, instant responses. Invoice is sent over, not even an acknowledgement for days.

Watching a programme where people try to find their ideal home abroad. Couple moving from UK don't want to move to a house in Spain because there are too many Brits living there and they want somewhere with more locals....

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom