The Justice League: The Snyder Cut (2021)

Rate this film

• Total voters
Gave me Watchmen vibes with Hallelujah used in the trailer.

I thought the visual effects in the new stuff they showed at DC FanDome looks really polished.

I am sure after it has finished being released on HBO Max they will make it available across multiple platforms.
Have they said this would be the case though?

They might do a Netflix where their original movies aren’t available elsewhere & are still exclusive only to Netflix eg. Birdbox, Okja...

Last edited:

They might do a Netflix where their original movies aren’t available elsewhere & are exclusive only to Netflix eg. Birdbox, Okja...
The amount of money it’s costing surely they’d want to recoup as much as possible with a home release too.

The amount of money it’s costing surely they’d want to recoup with a home release too.
The goal may not be to recoup money but more to try to get people to subscribe to HBO Max.
Will be hard to convince people to subscribe to yet another subscription service if they’ve already got Netflix, Prime, Disney+ etc

Having this exclusively to HBO Max & not available anywhere else will help boost subscriptions - like a ‘loss leader’.
Disney+ are currently doing the same with Hamilton which cost them $75m to buy.

The goal may not be to recoup money but more to try to get people to subscribe to HBO Max.
Will be hard to convince people to subscribe to yet another subscription service if they’ve already got Netflix, Prime, Disney+ etc

Having this exclusively to HBO Max & not available anywhere else will help boost subscriptions - like a ‘loss leader’.
Disney+ are currently doing the same with Hamilton which cost them $75m to buy.
I reckon if there’s enough demand they will make it available.
I just hope that if they do it’s as one feature length movie rather than a mini series boxset.

I reckon if there’s enough demand they will make it available.
I just hope that if they do it’s as one feature length movie rather than a mini series boxset.
Really hard to say. They need to give people lots of compelling reasons to subscribe to HBO Max, otherwise people just won’t as they’re probably already paying for multiple subscriptions.
HBO Max is the long term bigger picture, over the short term gain from releasing on disc/other streaming, that they need to compete with Netflix, Disney + etc. In the scheme of things $30m (even if it was double that at $60m) isn’t that much money to invest to try to boost subscriptions. After all, they spent $425m on getting Friends.

Don’t think anyone is expecting Apple to make their ATV+ TV series or movies available on disc or other streaming services. They will stay exclusive otherwise they’ll never catch up to the others.

Last edited:

They might do a Netflix where their original movies aren’t available elsewhere & are still exclusive only to Netflix eg. Birdbox, Okja...

Apparently during the panel he said they would be looking at other distribution means so I don't think it will remain exclusive to HBO Max forever, for a time sure but I am willing to bet it will appear on disc at some point and maybe even receive a limited theatrical release.

Plenty of time for them to upgrade their service, would be a great shame for it to premier on a highly compressed 1080p stream o_O

Oh and the aspect ratio is definitely going to cause a lot of heated debates, for a while there it was going to be 1:66.1 but sounds like Snyder has changed his mind but what the final product will end up being presented in is anyone’s guess, could change his mind again for all we know.

I am hoping for 1.78:1 ratio on 4K UHD disc.

To be honest there's virtually no way I'd hit subscribe on something just for one film (or mini-series as this probably should now be described).

Given the absolute shambolic PQ we seem to get over here from HBO as well, it would be even less of a chance.

A disc/rental release not long after would suit me fine, if it has to be an exclusive for a short time.

Really hard to say. They need to give people lots of compelling reasons to subscribe to HBO Max,

With respect HBO Max isn't available in the UK and so on a European basis, no it won't be a HBO exclusive.

IGN have done a nice little video highlighting the differences between the theatrical and Snyder cuts:

Spoiler warning

Last edited:
Well, this is interesting - paints the accusations from Warners in a very different light:

And

Momoa also doubling down. Now I REALLY want to know what happened...

Hang on a minute, if what's gone on has been so terrible, why haven't they come out before and said?

I appreciate I might be missing something here, but I'm a bit confused by how exactly this is playing out.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom