The Ken Kreisel Speakers Thread

Lsound- arghhhhhh they left me high and dry with warranties when they pulled out.
I’m guessing for EU he needs better electrical approval etc so prob not worth all the extra expense if selling well in Asia

In a similar boat with Monoprice. Not ideal if something breaks.

I think more importantly @sammy the squid that one speaker resembling another doesn't actually mean anything here. The new M&K 500 series was not based on KK's design - it's not the same wave guide and there are many similar looking speakers. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

There's no talk from anyone in the US bringing these over. KK would have to directly compete with M&K, Perlisten and others and while it's probable that the the sound quality would be up there, the money required to put a flag in the dirt would be astronomical and KK's eastern overlords don't look like they're interested currently.

If it was financially and economically viable, I think we’d have seen them a while ago.

Kudos to M&K for bringing new products to market, and to Perlisten for being adventurous as a new start up and getting the D215 sub to market. Prior to starting this thread over a decade and a half ago, myself and another member here went as far as making a 15 inch push pull, inspired by the mighty 5100sf .the commercial market has finally caught up!

Irrespective of the KK stuff not coming to these shores, as a fan, I’m glad he’s designed and built some speakers and found a viable market for them.

I’m sure there are plenty of people other than myself that genuinely waited and waited and were gutted when they never landed.

I’m just calling it as a fan and a potential purchaser. i’m sincere enough to call it as I see it and I’ll stand by my comments on the forum. Why do you think I started this thread 15 years ago?

Your posts on Facebook about the current M&K and when you’ve referred to me in the past can be seen as digs..but that’s your conduct and you carry on. I don’t snipe behind a persons back.
That was on my private Facebook feed, and you weren't mentioned at all - I was asking those on my Facebook feed to identify a certain behaviour.

I appreciate it's been a long time, but it's quite easy to fire off an email to Ken to get a personal response. If more people did it, maybe it'd spur Ken on to make an extra effort. I could say a few things here (other than shipping cost issues), but I'm not sure I'd be allowed to at the moment, and even if I did, it'd just attract the usual comments.

That was on my private Facebook feed, and you weren't mentioned at all - I was asking those on my Facebook feed to identify a certain behaviour.

I appreciate it's been a long time, but it's quite easy to fire off an email to Ken to get a personal response. If more people did it, maybe it'd spur Ken on to make an extra effort. I could say a few things here (other than shipping cost issues), but I'm not sure I'd be allowed to at the moment, and even if I did, it'd just attract the usual comments.

Ken Kreisel knows his business damn well better than I do. If the economic conditions arnt right, then it’s selfish to ask him to consider releasing his product here.

On the whole, the current UK market isn’t endearing to smaller scale setups. As fans, if he just comes out and says that he cannot market his product to the UK market , atleast prospective customers know where they stand.

For the same reason if someone is an av fan, then you have to tip your hat to the likes of Perlisten, M&K et al for bringing innovative products to the UK.

Edit: @davidf if you get a chance, have a listen to the theory audio kit, I really like it and think it sounds brill!

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom