The Last of Us Part II (PS4)

I'm still getting it at launch and (pending how good it is) the inevitable remaster of PS5.

Yeah, I'm getting on release for the Pro. Can't imagine I could wait and avoid spoilers til whenever the PS5 remaster lands.

The PS5 is backwards compatible so the PS4 (Pro) version will work out the box. No need to wait for a remaster.

The PS5 is backwards compatible so the PS4 (Pro) version will work out the box. No need to wait for a remaster.

And so no need to wait for the PS5 then :)

In seriousness, I'd imagine they'll have a 'PS5 Enhanced' version similar to how Xbox have done them for the One X

Still getting for launch day, cant imagine not playing the pro until PS5 launch day even with fan noise.
Will most likely pick up Ghosts of Tsushima once completed TLoU2 and that will be it for this gen.

Does anyone remember the controversy behind Ellie when TLoU was first announced? ND modelled her on the actress Ellen Page without getting her permission. That seems insignificant compared to the controversy now 😂

EDIT: How many of you are holding off until PS5? I've pretty much written off this gen now due to the jet engine under my tele.

That was false wasn't it. The actress playing Ellie legitimately looks like that.

That was false wasn't it. The actress playing Ellie legitimately looks like that.

No, she really doesnt - Ellie was played by Ashley Johnson (she plays Patterson on Blindspot)

They originally wanted her to voice Ellie if I remember rightly so designed the character around that plan. She then said no and went on to do Beyond Two Souls.
Ashley Johnson took the role and a quick redesign was done on the character. Ashley did the motion capture so Ellie moves like her, but there are still elements of the original design in the character.

No, she really doesnt - Ellie was played by Ashley Johnson (she plays Patterson on Blindspot)
They originally wanted her to voice Ellie if I remember rightly so designed the character around that plan. She then said no and went on to do Beyond Two Souls.
Ashley Johnson took the role and a quick redesign was done on the character. Ashley did the motion capture so Ellie moves like her, but there are still elements of the original design in the character.

There's a lot of articles on this which were based on very little (i.e. a response by Ellen Page on an reddit AMA is the only "accusation" from her) and this is why ND have never responded to the "controversy".

However, the Ellie character design went through a number of iterations and she was never at any point actually modelled on Ellen Page, although there was definitely a likeness. The final character design was definitely remodelled to look more like Ashley Johnson, but bear in mind that Ellie is a lot younger than Johnson was at the time.

Ellie_%28The_Last_of_Us%29_design_changes.jpg

Does anyone remember the controversy behind Ellie when TLoU was first announced? ND modelled her on the actress Ellen Page without getting her permission. That seems insignificant compared to the controversy now 😂

EDIT: How many of you are holding off until PS5? I've pretty much written off this gen now due to the jet engine under my tele.
You not tried cleaning the unit and replacing the heatsink? Works wonders for others. Thankfully, mine's very quiet.

You not tried cleaning the unit and replacing the heatsink? Works wonders for others. Thankfully, mine's very quiet.

Cleaning my PS4 Pro helped me too. It can still be loud from time to time but not enough for me to hear it when i play.

With that said i was kinda hoping this would be a PS5 game.

Cleaning my PS4 Pro helped me too. It can still be loud from time to time but not enough for me to hear it when i play.

With that said i was kinda hoping this would be a PS5 game.

If this isn't, at a minimum, running on PS5 in boost mode on launch day I'll be shocked.

Boost mode?

The PS5 native mode with boosted clocks, as opposed to PS4/Pro legacy mode.

Given that Cerny already said that they've tested the top 100 games by play time with the boosted backwards compatibility mode I think it's relatively safe bet that their flagship first party title for 2020 will be get some benefits on the new hardware.

Last edited:
The PS5 native mode with boosted clocks, as opposed to PS4/Pro legacy mode.

Given that Cerny already said that they've tested the top 100 games by play time with the boosted backwards compatibility mode I think it's relatively safe bet that their flagship first party title for 2020 will be get some benefits on the new hardware.
Yeah but what is that going to give me on a PS4 game?

I've not read anything about a boosted compatibility mode, got a link for it?

I've its similar to the pro boosted mode then I'll pass on waiting out for that.

If this isn't, at a minimum, running on PS5 in boost mode on launch day I'll be shocked.

I think so too but once the game is out i wont have the discipline to not buy it so thats why i was hoping they would release it on PS5 first. Bit selfish i guess lol.

Yeah but what is that going to give me on a PS4 game?

I've not read anything about a boosted compatibility mode, got a link for it?

I've its similar to the pro boosted mode then I'll pass on waiting out for that.

whilst nonthing is proven yet until people get their hands on a PS5 It's thought that it has the ability to boost Resolution and framerates for games that have dynamic resolution and framerates but not ones that are locked to say 30fps or a locked at 1080p/1440 resolution they would require a dev patch to unlock them, Eurogamer goes into more detail here.

whilst nonthing is proven yet until people get their hands on a PS5 It's thought that it has the ability to boost Resolution and framerates for games that have dynamic resolution and framerates but not ones that are locked to say 30fps or a locked at 1080p/1440 resolution they would require a dev patch to unlock them, Eurogamer goes into more detail here.

Yeah. I'll not bother waiting for that then. Only way I'd bother waiting was if they were specifically saying it was getting similar treatment to like the we got on the PS4 version of last of us. Even then I'm not sure I actually would wait and risk trying to dodge spoilers for half a year or however long it took. I'd want more than a res and framerate boost that's for sure.

Playthrough one... PS4
Platinum trophy... PS5

Simples :)

I wasn’t suggesting that anyone looking forward to this actually waits for PS5, but it is a pretty safe bet that it will be enhanced on PS5

I finished my easy refresher run through of LoU yesterday and you'd need to do the Left Behind DLC afterwards as it fills in some blanks from the main game as well as some pre LoU Ellie stuff. In total for the main game and left behind dlc on easy, I'd say 10 to 12 hrs to get both done. I did do Left Behind on PS3 but had forgotten about some parts of it

I finished my easy refresher run through of LoU yesterday and you'd need to do the Left Behind DLC afterwards as it fills in some blanks from the main game as well as some pre LoU Ellie stuff. In total for the main game and left behind dlc on easy, I'd say 10 to 12 hrs to get both done. I did do Left Behind on PS3 but had forgotten about some parts of it
IIRC the best time to do left behind is at the time she goes solo. I don't think i've even done that yet so may blast through on easy.

IIRC the best time to do left behind is at the time she goes solo. I don't think i've even done that yet so may blast through on easy.

You can't play Left Behind first as it will contain spoilers (I know we all know the story already, but you know what I mean ). In theory you could play it as soon as Ellie is on her own, finish Left Behind and then go back and continue the main story.
I can sort of see why they didn't do a directors cut though (like Beyond 2 Souls) and add in the dlc at certain points to make it the complete story because the early bits where Ellie is with Riley wouldn't really have worked at the very start of the game

Does anyone have to hand (as I'm too scared right now to search :laugh: ) a recap video of some kind for Part 1?

I can remember a fair bit, but not the finer details of the story, and I haven't got time to play through it all again.

Would be much obliged :thumbsup:

Does anyone have to hand (as I'm too scared right now to search :laugh: ) a recap video of some kind for Part 1?

I can remember a fair bit, but not the finer details of the story, and I haven't got time to play through it all again.

Would be much obliged :thumbsup:
Just put 'Last of us recap' into youtube for you.

Plenty of others if you dont want to spend 20 mins watching this one.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom