The Last of Us Part II Review & Comments

I played the first game on PS3. I think one of the best games ever followed by the Uncharted series. Looks like I am going to have to return to some gaming now that this is out. Have to get a PS4 first though ! Great review ! Cheers

I don't know what it is but I'm strangely unexcited by it, even though I loved the first one. I mean I will buy it but further down the line. Ghosts Of Tsushima actually interests me more at the moment.

I'm so looking forward to this so much so I have booked today and Monday off work to play it.

Shame I will only be playing it on a 1st gen PS4.

I missed the first one, thanks to a 12 year gaming gap. I recently got a PS4 for my son and have picked up part 1. Sounds like this isn't suitable for children (mine is 14)?

This has been the only game since star wars fallen order that I'm really wanting to play but I am resisting on buying this until the ps5 comes out. Luckily I'm going to replay the first. Also have horizon and spiderman to replay before getting the ps5 to keep me busy.

I played the first one remastered on the PS4 as I had skipped PS3 in favour of Xbox and boy oh boy was it an absolute gem of a game, I don’t think I could ever remember a game that so thoroughly drew me in and kept me on the edge of my seat as it did, the ending was masterful and perfect and I had to go have a beer afterwards to relax lol easily in the top 5 games of all time without question imo.

I absolutely cannot wait to play this and have so far managed to remain spoiler free, heck I still don’t know what all the hoo-hah the internet got its knickers in a twist over during the leaks so I don’t know if that’s a good thing or a bad thing.

Naughty Dog are a developer without parallel between this and their completely at the opposite end of the spectrum Uncharted series which I’ve since replayed through twice due to how much I love it, I cannot wait to see what these guys have planned for the PS5

This has been the only game since star wars fallen order that I'm really wanting to play but I am resisting on buying this until the ps5 comes out. Luckily I'm going to replay the first. Also have horizon and spiderman to replay before getting the ps5 to keep me busy.

Im in that delimina too, ive a few games in my backlog id like to start / finish and was thinking of simply holding of and picking up launch day with the PS5 hopefully with an upgraded patch that you just know they have a team working on.

Im in that delimina too, ive a few games in my backlog id like to start / finish and was thinking of simply holding of and picking up launch day with the PS5 hopefully with an upgraded patch that you just know they have a team working on.
It's going to be hard to avoid those spoilers but so far I have avoided all spoilers so far. Just need to know a release date for the ps5 now so I can save up for it before it burns a hole through my wallet 😂

Im glad I read the spoilers.Its saved me 50quid.

I've never understood this concept....regardless of the spoilers which are out of context. that's not the same as playing the game in context. and even if i have read the spoilers which i haven't..id still want to play the game, whether I agreed how things played out or not from the spoilers.

I've never understood this concept....regardless of the spoilers which are out of context. that's not the same as playing the game in context. and even if i have read the spoilers which i haven't..id still want to play the game, whether I agreed how things played out or not from the spoilers.
Regardless of the context I simply do not like the main plot direction it's taken and not willing to risk 50quid on it.Hope you all enjoy it though.

For me it's all about the gameplay, I'm going to ignore the usual people moaning about issues arount depictions around sexuality etc.

The consensus on it being unrelentingly dark is my only hesitation. Ellie's innocence and optimism in the first was a nice counterpoint to Joel's dour survivalism.

I'm just now playing A Plague Tale: Innocence and the bleakness and psychological brutality of the first few chapters was a little hard to stomach at times.

The consensus on it being unrelentingly dark is my only hesitation. Ellie's innocence and optimism in the first was a nice counterpoint to Joel's dour survivalism.

I'm just now playing A Plague Tale: Innocence and the bleakness and psychological brutality of the first few chapters was a little hard to stomach at times.

I'm on the last chapter of that game and have loved every minute of it, its simple gameplay wise but the setting and story make up for it. As you progress through the game it gets darker and bleaker. just this last fight is doing my head in, my reflexes simply arent what they used to be

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice early delivery from Amazon this morning so that’s my weekend sorted. Been waiting to play this for years.

Attachments

• 972AF099-2506-46EB-87A0-AD67CB8235AE.jpeg
    972AF099-2506-46EB-87A0-AD67CB8235AE.jpeg
    705.4 KB · Views: 307
Im glad I read the spoilers.Its saved me 50quid.

i've managed to avoid the spoilers but i follow Angry Joe and whilst i never watched his take on it, he didnt look too pleased lol i've a few PC gamer m8s who've read all about it as they dont really care about us console peasents and they agree with him *gulp.... but surely it cant be that bad as to sour what many reviewers are calling "the" game of this generation, even if you dont agree with the topics or politics the sheer gameplay and worldbuilding Naughty Dog put into their games would make it worth a punt

I'm on the last chapter of that game and have loved every minute of it, its simple gameplay wise but the setting and story make up for it. As you progress through the game it gets darker and bleaker. just this last fight is doing my head in, my reflexes simply arent what they used to be

I absolutely think it is a good game and it's super engaging and successful at what it sets out to do
I'm up to chapter 15 now so not much more to go. Fingers crossed for a.more upbeat ending!

I absolutely think it is a good game and it's super engaging and successful at what it sets out to do
I'm up to chapter 15 now so not much more to go. Fingers crossed for a.more upbeat ending!

i'm not holding out much hope for an upbeat ending tbh lol i have an idea where i think it may go, well if i was in charge id probably go with it, i'm thinking the kid is going to be overwhelmed by it and his sister will have to put him down!! but im hoping for a happy ending

Big problem with this game . . . Postman hasn't delivered mine yet :(

Be first time I've used my PS4Pro this year! (mostly PC gamer)

For me it's all about the gameplay, I'm going to ignore the usual people moaning about issues arount depictions around sexuality etc.

I would ignore that too, any criticism for this reason was actually pretty minimal. I would also ignore the people getting outraged about this alleged behaviour from gamers to signal their own virtue.

The vast majority of people do not give a damn about this aspect of the character, we knew it from Left Behind anyway. A character being Lesbian is neither woke nor pushing an SJW agenda, it's just a character choice. One that hasn't prevented huge preorder or 10/10 reviews.

However, there are other criticisms of the game/plot that have more merit and may not be for everyone. Those include the overall darkness and bleakness and the level of violence and depiction thereof.

Also one more thing, which I'll spoiler

The fate of a beloved character has understandably upset many, especially the manner in which it happens. I haven't reached this point in the story yet and can't comment on how it is handled, in context, but I'm more philosophical about it. Bad things were done in the first game, and no character is pure.

I'm not paying £60 + for it. I'll wait a few months and get it cheaper.

Steelbook from Amazon cost me £53 (cheaper than digital too).

1592557929541.png

I played first one on PS3 then Remastered version of PS4Pro. In my top 3 games of all time (with Witcher 3).

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom